Damper removal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Damper removal in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Any tips on removing the damper to install larger one. Can't locate a puller that works....
    jimbo1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2010

Damper removal

Any tips on removing the damper to install larger one. Can't locate a puller that works.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Re: Damper removal

The oem gm one works well, or use a Chrysler one if you go to a part store that lets you borrow them. Like autozone.

jimbo1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2010

Thanks for the info. I got one from Advanced auto hoping it will work. I noticed the damper is embossed on the inner radius. That through me off when first examining the job. I had no Idea how I was going to pull it off. Still not that easy because of space limatations.

wetcoast is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Manual

The trick isn't pulling the old pulley off it's installing the new one. I tried redi-rod with washers stacked up and it didn't work. I ended up buying one from Colorado Speed (Hawk LS Series Install tool). Went on like butter.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

We usually use the oem balancer installer to put them back on. It is basically a long threaded rod, with some washers, a hard spacer and two bolts. Makes it so simple.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    We usually use the oem balancer installer to put them back on. It is basically a long threaded rod, with some washers, a hard spacer and two bolts. Makes it so simple.
    I just used a long threaded rod too, which doubles as my tow hook! I didn't need a flexplate tool either, just a quick shot from an air ratchet loosened the bolt.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.