2013 CTSV Dyno...Only mod is an airaid intake, no tune.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 2013 CTSV Dyno...Only mod is an airaid intake, no tune. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; What's going on guys got my car dynoed today. Has about 700 miles on it with an airaid intake & ...
    2013CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013CTSV

2013 CTSV Dyno...Only mod is an airaid intake, no tune.

What's going on guys got my car dynoed today. Has about 700 miles on it with an airaid intake & that is all, no tune or anything else. Unfortunately I do not have a baseline because well I was to excited when I got the intake so I put it on right away. The shop I dynoed at had a stock one on it the week before and it made 473whp stock. So I would like to assume that my car would land in the 470-480whp range as well in stock form on this places dyno.

The results are pretty crazy to me and had me in total shock....is the stock intake airbox that terrible on these cars? The dyno operator was absolutely amazing by these results.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    Manual trans?

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmajecki
    Manual trans?
    I was just going to suggest that! It most certainly looks in par with manual transmission numbers.

Re: 2013 CTSV Dyno...Only mod is an airaid intake, no tune.

I dont know if thats par or not to be honest, im still learning and researching a ton. I was just very happy to see over 500whp on virtually stock car. YEs its manual.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

The emissions of a car are directly related to the amount of intake air being mixed and combusted. As a result of GM's testing for emissions in all 50 states, they had economy in mind in addition to performance. While the performance is decent and the stock intake flows enough for the 475whp mark, the engine can suck up a lot more air, obviously, and increase it's output now that there is more input. nice numbers, man!

Prdnme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Nothing abnormal there. Looking at the temp and humidity, the motor was in its "happy place". Was the motor cool?

On a warmer day, and a warmed up motor, you will be in the 480-500rwhp range.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

agreed. Mine dynoed 502/506 in 90 ambient with an airaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdnme View Post
    Nothing abnormal there. Looking at the temp and humidity, the motor was in it's "happy place". Was the motor cool?

On a warmer day, and a warmed up motor, you will be in the 480-500rwhp range.
    Na the motor was fairly warm. The 2 dyno runs with the tq shown are actually after the car had just done 2 pulls. The 4 pulls total were done in a 3-5 minute span never giving the car the chance to cool down. Car was on the entire time too. My peak numbers which was the first run the car made 524whp. Either way im still unbelieveable happy with the results.

Prdnme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 2013CTSV View Post
    Na the motor was fairly warm. The 2 dyno runs with the tq shown are actually after the car had just done 2 pulls. The 4 pulls total were done in a 3-5 minute span never giving the car the chance to cool down. Car was on the entire time too. My peak numbers which was the first run the car made 524whp. Either way im still unbelieveable happy with the results.
    Good stuff! These cars love cold air. And with that, you have to be careful. On a 94 degree day, my car dynoed, 555rwhp with a 2.5, CAI and a tune. On a 48 degree day, and a "cool" motor, the car made 618 rwhp and maxed out the injectors at 5K rpm. Nothing changed, just air.

Yup yup, air will certainly do that. Cant wait to get all the necessary cooling mods and run some e85 and make some pow pow

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.