AIR RAID or D3 intake - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, AIR RAID or D3 intake in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; You can run a stock tune with intake and exhaust. Your car is excessively rich from the factory, thats why ...
    Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: AIR RAID or D3 intake

You can run a stock tune with intake and exhaust. Your car is excessively rich from the factory, thats why we gain so much from just a tune. If you add the intake and exhaust and slowly work up to WOT letting the ECU dial in the trim, you will be fine. if you hear clicking noise then back off the throttle and let the trim catch up

The o2 sensors will pick up the subtle change in the mixture and adjust accordingly. Its not like you are drastically changing your cams, heads and porting the snot and expecting the ECU to keep up.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Does the intake void the warranty?

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    Does the intake void the warranty?
    I don't think the intake can void your waranty unless that's what causes the problem on your car when you take it in for warranty. Most dealerships are cool with this from my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdnme View Post
    That's bold statement without data logging.
    I agree, YMMV, but from stock I installed an intake and then 3 weeks later an exhaust and starting at stock the car idled mint and ran perfect. I noticed no trouble. With the air intake installed I noticed the engine would sometimes slightly rev itself and fight the brakes. Maybe this happened before? Maybe it didn't. Keep in mind that k&n filters come with oil on them and have been seen to cause MAF cleanliness issues. Like I said about the idle blips..

Also, I cleaned the filter with the recharge kit and lightly applied filter oil to it so that it contained a reduced amount of oil and now is less likely to contaminate the MAF. I haven't had a problem since.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013CTSV View Post
    That's absolutely silly to me that an intake would cause any sort of issue. IMHO the fact that the air raid has no issues yet the d3 does says which one to buy in itself.
    See above. Air raid offers two filters, bringing us back to the whole oiled filter vs. non-oiled filter argument. I prefer k&n.

Purevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V
    I hate to add to your decision, but I went with New Era's and love it!!! The 4" piping flows amazing and having the filter down in the fender makes me happy knowing there's nothing but cold air

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

As another data point, I installed an Airaid in my 2012 CTS-V automatic with no tune and it's been awesome. Noticeable performance improvement, great supercharger whine, and zero codes, check engine lights, etc. The engine loves gulping that additional air.

RobbE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wow......

Thank you to all who gave their 2 cents.....

Its a wrap. Airraid it is....

I have other cars that are modded and tuned to the ... not interested in a big headache with this car. But i just cant leave well enough alone... looks like I am not the only one... lol

----------

Wow......

Thank you to all who gave their 2 cents.....

Its a wrap. Airraid it is....

I have other cars that are modded and tuned to the ... not interested in a big headache with this car. But i just cant leave well enough alone... looks like I am not the only one... lol

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Good call. Just remember to assemble a good portion of it from the comforts of your couch and then fit it to the car. Much easier that way.

Purevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Congrats! Enjoy your addition and keep us informed of your future upgrades, and I'm sure there will be

CTSV UT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan, 2000 Eldorado ETC

Greg_D3,
    What is an "early 2012"? Mine was built on 12/5/11. I am looking at your CAI but live in Northern Utah. It would be hard to tune it up here.
    Thanks,
    Blake

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.