New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; It's official - Ed Hutchings damaged my motor. Three cylinders are low in compression and the plugs are seeing oil. ...
    CADZLA RETURNS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Blown by Ed Hutchings, 08 Escalade

New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings

It's official - Ed Hutchings damaged my motor. Three cylinders are low in compression and the plugs are seeing oil. This is what happens when an incompetent tuner pushes a stock bottom end LSA with stock head bolts with 23psi, IAT2s at 190+, 12.1 AFR and 19 degrees of timing. live and learn i guess . I was considering going with the GM 376LSX B15 but heard that the forged internals are generic . Also was considering a 408 long block from Texas Speed or a Jess Bubbs 434LSX.
    But decided to have my motor rebuilt with forged internals . I'll have it sleeved as well.
    Cheers!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Re: New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings

Quote Originally Posted by CADZLA RETURNS View Post
    Removed

Lol at the title

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    wha happun?

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Someone second-guessing the internet call-out?

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Dude's filled with a lot of hate

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Someone second-guessing the internet call-out?
    Nope! I'll continue to call out Eddie in hopes of preventing guys of going through what I did .
    I wish I could have warned Mr. Hoffman in time . He trusted Ed with his new ZL1 with less than 1k miles and Ed blew up the motor the third pass down the track. This is one of many failures that Hutchings has caused .

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

This is what happens when an incompetent tuner pushes a stock bottom end LSA with stock head bolts with 23psi, IAT2s at 190+, 12.1 AFR and 19 degrees of timing.

--------

Sweet honorable Jesus...

edcmat-l1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Chuck Leader. A known liar, thief and internet stalker. Funny how your engine was fine, was not low on compression 8 months ago when I tuned it, but it is now, and it's still my fault.

When does it end Chuck? When do you act like an adult and accept responsibility for your own actions? You wanted to make 700 rwhp. Your heads lifted. So slightly you accused me of misdiagnosing your car, and costing you money. Your head gaskets looked perfect. You said so yourself. You choose to replace them, even after myself and the shop owner advised you not to, and to just put ARPs in it. You decided to do the gaskets.

You claim you only wanted "a safe tune" yet you show up with race gas, and 3 pulleys. Not only that, multiple people heard you say you wanted to make 700 rwhp "so the guys on cts-v owners can kiss my ass!"

You claim I am money hungry, yet I remove your blower when it breaks, and you never pay me a dime. You try and scam Whipple out of money. You try and scam TPIS out of money. You bounced a check to Frank. You canceled a check to me. But I'm the one that's money hungry.

I don't have "many" failures. I have tuned thousands of cars. Of course there's going to have some issues with some of them. That's just a matter of percentages. I know you can't understand that as there is no challenge in writing an insurance policy. That's so easy even girls do it.

You are mentally a child. Your mother must be so proud.

----------

Here's a good read for anyone who wants to spend the time. There are a couple people in here that were present when we were tuning Chuck's car.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=562206

There's also some references to him asking me to lie for him, and some feedback from others who have done business with me, or who know me personally.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by CADZLA View Post
    The local shop I am working with now is great! They took their time between runs (like let it cool down for about an hour) didn't do WOT's right away (but rather pulls from 25-45, 25-65, 25-85, etc. before doing WOT's) They also pulled plugs and checked them. ALSO, they got me the same power (safer tune) with a stock ported 1.9 blower as Ed got with a 2.9 Whipple.
    One of Chuck's post from the yellowbullet thread. So, there's a "new tuner" who got the same power with a stock blower, which obviously means it's been run on a dyno multiple times since I touched it. Yet it's still my fault.

We did a compression test when his heads "lifted" and all there was less than a 10 psi variance between all cylinders. The car has since been ran at least a few times on a dyno, the blower has been swapped to a smaller one, it makes more power, yet I'm the one responsible for the lower compression, 8 months later.

Anyone can see through this if they spend enough time to read his trash. He lies and then lies on top of the lies.

Ed Hutchings aka Eddie (wants) Money. How about you taking responsibility for compromising my motor due to your negligence??!! Maybe if you would have been the least apologetic and didn't go spewing off to everyone that you were going to sue me for $300 I would have let this go. Maybe if you would have helped replace my head gaskets or possibly reduced your fee due to the damage you caused I would have moved on quietly. But you chose to insult me, blame me for the issues you caused. You even admitted the day after lifting my heads in a text "Yes, 23psi is kinda high. LOL". Yes, you included "LOL". This is really mature. I will be more than happy to post the screenshot on here for all to see. Or it can be seen at cadzla.com. You were well aware of the 23psi, the crazy high IAT2s, yet you continued to do back to back WOTs on the dyno until you pushed the motor so hard anti freeze was pouring out both sides of the motor (on a car that had less than 10k miles). I said we needed to bleed the heat exchanger because it wasn't done well enough after the whipple went back on. You ignored this request, telling me to leave you alone to do your job. I suggested larger upper pulley (after all you stated above that "he brought 3 pulleys with him") for less boost but you said it would be ok. There were a few guys there that saw what you did and said you were negligent. In fact, Frank told you that you're not allowed in his shop ever again after what you did to my car and the Mustang that you tuned (it left with less power than what it came in with). My car sat in my garage since last October. I did not have time to work on it, and it doesn't get driven during the winter months. I had it towed to the local shop two miles down the street. The first thing I asked them to do was a compression test. I wanted it done as I distinctly recall your reaction when you and Pat checked it after you lifted the heads. I saw you look at Pat and shrug your shoulders after you saw results of #8. It was like "oh shit". This has bothered me for the past several months. I knew you were lying to me when you said the compression was ok. I knew something was wrong. Even after I had the new gaskets and ARP studs installed and we dyno the next day, you kept saying "I am afraid, something is wrong. V's with less mods are making more power". So that is basically the last thing you said to me. Curtis was there and I believe Frank was as well and heard you state this. Now you deny damaging my motor??? Sure it's making power now, but it would be making 30-40HP more if three cylinders weren't compromised. There is a very obvious miss (like a misfire) at any cruising speed now, and it will only get worse. I have to have the motor rebuilt. Period. So don't deny what you did. All the guys at the shop saw how you pushed it, saw the results. I will be more than happy go give anyone the name and number of the shop owner, or the other guys that were present. I will also provide the contact information for all the guys who have contacted me since seeing my threads on various forums stating my experience with Ed Hutchings. All of them said that they would never work with Ed again. Some experienced some damage, other had failures (like the guy with the red turbo pickup that Ed tuned while here in Chicago last year. He called me two weeks after Ed tuned his trans and motor to let me know the trans blew up). Other guys simply were not happy with the amount of time Ed spent on their cars for the price he charged or had some minor issues. They used the services of another tuner and their issues were resolved. Bill Hoffman, from Maryland I believe trusted Ed with his brand new ZL1 and the third pass down the track Ed's negligence caused a piston or two to melt.
    Regarding money hungry - I stopped your measly $300 check because your negligence caused damage to my car, costing me money. You did not offer to help pull the heads as you were too busy on your laptop searching for more clients (victims as I refer to them). I reissued a check to Frank as he overcharged me in error for the work that was done. Frank and I are good, always have been. Unlike you I am welcome at his shop any time. LOL. Whipple is a less than stand up company. My whipple failed twice due to poor workmanship or inferior parts. I simply asked Whipple to cover some of my expenses of having to remove the unit twice, ship it, and have it reinstalled twice. They reluctantly reimbursed me for the shipping cost for one of the times. So I didn't screw Whipple out of anything. The They cost me a lot of $ for a POS product that is no longer sold for the V2's as there is a known problem that has yet to be resolved. Everyone that bought a Whipple had problems with them busting. TPIS throttle body wasn't working well so I returned it for a full refund. No secret there. No problems there. Do a search and you'll find a lot of guys having issues with the TPIS. So what else do you have? Now back to you being money hungry. I have a text from you (I can post the screenshot) stating "$10,000 is nothing. I make that a month on Paypal doing tunes". How about the day after you lifted my heads you were screaming at me about paying you the balance of what I owed you "before your car goes back on the dyno". You were a raging psycho and your actions were witness by Curtis, Frank and a couple of the other guys. You were only concerned with $300, not the fact that you caused me extra expense by compromising my motor. You need to get the story straight.
    I could care less about yellow bullet forum. There are a bunch of biased guys on that site that are more concerned with posting or viewing pictures of naked midgets than they are about anything serious that involves auto performance. I didn't expect a warm welcome from the guys as Ed Hutchings has been a member of the site for quite a while. Also there are NO members on there that were present the day Ed lifted the heads. Period. However, I did get the word out and was contacted by several guys regarding more details about my experience with Ed Hutchings. I know for a fact that I saved a few guys from working with Ed and possibly going through the expense and aggravation that I did. I have been contacted by a few more already because of this thread. I told my story and the guys can do what they want. Simple. I did recommend Jeremy Formato of Faster Proms and Mike Frumosso from New Era. To my knowledge both are excellent tuners that haven't blown a motor or trans. I have no reason to lie about my experience. I gain nothing personally. I only hope to warn others and possibly prevent them from going through what I did. I have emails, texts, witnesses, shop owner, guys at the new shop to back up everything I have stated. The competent tuner at the new shop will confirm what he saw on Ed's tunes. There was knock present on the first 3 or 4, then the one the day he lifted the heads, the AFR was too high and other parameters were way off too (something to do with not pulling enough timing at certain temps.) For the guys that worked with Ed and had great results, kudos to you. I am pleased that you had no issues. I am sure that Ed has tuned several cars and had no issues. If not, he wouldn't be in business today. For the guys that don't know Ed, never worked with him, never had him tune your vehicle, you have nothing to add here so please avoid doing so just to be ignorant.
    Eddie disappeared from cadillacowners site once he couldn't take the heat anymore after causing damage to a few members V's (after tuning them during his trip to Chgo). It's simple go look and see the last time he posted.

PS - And to answer your question. It will never end. I will continue to warn everyone I can about my experience with you. If after telling guys about what I went through and they still want to work with you , then they can roll the dice. At least I'll feel like I did my part. I wish I could have warned Bill Hoffman in time. The guy in Jersey with the Turbo V2 thanked me several time for warning him.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Holy wall of text!

Quote Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post

I know you can't understand that as there is no challenge in writing an insurance policy. That's so easy even girls do it.

You are mentally a child. Your mother must be so proud.
    Bringing my career and mother into this? Seriously? Are you taking lessons from your buddy Keith Cring of KDI? You are classless and you are far from professional. Period. You have damaged your own reputation time and time again. You don't really need me to help.
    I am very successful with my career. And I can sleep well at night. If my client has a problem or I make a mistake I am man enough to admit it and make it right. Something you obviously can't do.
    Speaking of "girls" I probably should have pulled one from the street, gave her a laptop and had her tune my car. The end result couldn't have been any worse.

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I think you should post all the evidence you keep talking about.

blaine321 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by CADZLA RETURNS View Post
    It's official - Ed Hutchings damaged my motor. Three cylinders are low in compression and the plugs are seeing oil. This is what happens when an incompetent tuner pushes a stock bottom end LSA with stock head bolts with 23psi, IAT2s at 190+, 12.1 AFR and 19 degrees of timing. live and learn i guess . I was considering going with the GM 376LSX B15 but heard that the forged internals are generic . Also was considering a 408 long block from Texas Speed or a Jess Bubbs 434LSX.
    But decided to have my motor rebuilt with forged internals . I'll have it sleeved as well.
    Cheers!
    23 psi....? Non forged stock internals? ANYTIME you play with 23 psi with STOCK PISTONS that ARE NOT FORGED you are really really taking a chance of a fried motor. Its always 100% on the owner to tune a stock block at that high of power. A single misfire can grenade a stock piston at those boost levels. RIP pistons... they never had a chance. You fried the cheap pistons.

It sucks when it happens. And it happens to us all when you mod, but its a chance all HP junkies take. I've been threw about 5 blown motors on several different projects. Never is fun, but if your not prepared for the worst then you should stay stock.

You PAY to PLAY.

Only time a shop MIGHT pay for a blown motor is when they put the motor in with ALL THEIR recommended PARTS and they tuned it and it was discovered one of their parts caused the blown motor. Then maybe they'll take the bill.

On a side note: Still think its pretty silly they didn't put forged pistons in the LSA motor... they put them in the cheap Cobra motors since 2003.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

BBB for the rest of us.

CJCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    It's laughable how much of an idiot you are cadzla.

Not one person on this board or the other board believes a word you say or trusts any of the crap you spew.

The problems you have are your own and are created by yourself in an effort to be something you aren't.

Move along folks... nothing to see here.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.