New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; [/COLOR] Originally Posted by buddyg SMACK!! There you go, it is time for Chuck to move on with his life. ...
    CADZLA RETURNS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Blown by Ed Hutchings, 08 Escalade

Re: New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
    SMACK!!

There you go, it is time for Chuck to move on with his life.
    I've moved on Mr. Buddy G. Obviously more than a lot of you guys that have nothing better to do than hang on forums and puff your chests. Just warning guys about Ed Hutchings incompetency because nobody else (that he's screwed over) has the balls to post.

----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    I'll post if I so desire, whether you like it or not. I have little respect for you, nor your opinion, & I have a feeling that sentiment is shared by many. DMM nailed it with his comments. You were banned from those other forums for being a tool, not because you were right. You've been lit up so many times in those other threads, you're like a Christmas tree in December. I've wasted my time reading some of this thread to begin with, to say nothing about actually replying to it... somebody please smack me...
    I was responding to your stupid ass comments punk. You have no idea all the bullshit (not just Ed) that I have gone through. I could give a shit if you respect me. I don't want your respect because your obviously just another loser Eddie nut sucker like DMM. Also, I never stated my OPINIONS. I have stated FACTS. That's what the forums are for and you don't like what I have to say then go find something else to do with your miserable life. I already addressed the issues that I had with the two other forums. Get over it already.
    P.S. Speaking of tools. Why don't you take Ed's out of your mouth for a while? Maybe share with DMM?!
    By the way - Are you the (Luna) carpet guy? If so, can I get a discount? I got 5 rooms and three stair cases total.

----------

----------

Quote Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
    I am completely happy with Ed's work on my car. He tuned my car in Chicago the same time he did Cadzla and translux.
    I am happy for you bro. I wish I had the same outcome OR maybe your motor and/or tranny is on borrowed time. Give us an update in 6 months. From my understanding Translux has had nothing but problems since Ed touched his car.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

LOL subscribed

CADZLA RETURNS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Blown by Ed Hutchings, 08 Escalade

Ok. I have given you ladies enough time to bitch and moan and complain and disagree. Hopefully you're all done PMS-ing by now! Here is an email I received from someone that trusted Ed Hutchings - This is verbatim, with the exception of some spelling that I corrected -

"Guess we're I am from? Maryland. Guess who's brand new zl1 he blew up with less then a 1000 miles on it? Yes he helped put it back together but I forked out most of the money for what he called upgrades. Now after getting it back together the transmission is acting funny I to have over $25k in a car that I wish I would have left stock and he did just what you said. Ed pointed his finger at the yanks converter and he didnt listen to me at the track. The car laid over at the 330 mark I kept telling him over and over something was wrong and he didn't listen and kept turning down the knock sensors and added more timing and melted the engine down so bad that the block had to be sleeved. He said he would pay for the two sleeves but I had to pay for others. I am so pissed right now a can't see straight. He told me he never burn one up. I was going to have KDI do it first and after talking to him I knew he was an a-hole. So here I am getting stuck by another one . It nice to talk to someone in my same situation. I get a straight answer. Thank you for email me back"

Sent from my iPhone

I guess this guy is an idiot too, right? I guess he shouldn't have trusted someone who is suppose to be a professional tuner, right?
    I don't think this guy wants to get involved but if anybody wants to talk with him about his experience let me know and I'll try to set up a call or give him your contact info.
    I have received several emails from other guys with similar experiences with Ed Hutchings (maybe not melted pistons, but there was damage, some more serious than others). Now you girls can bitch about this one too. I honestly don't care. I know for a fact that I have saved a LOT of guys from possibly having their motors and/or trannys busted by Eddie. Period. If you want to work with him and roll the dice, like I said before, more power to you. If you just want to be a prick because you don't like me, or don't like the fact that I have the gonads to post my terrible experience with Ed, or don't like me because my car is or will be faster than yours, then go pound sand or jump in the lake (like BuddyG did, just don't break your ankle like he did).
    Cheers! CAD
    buddyg and buddyg like this.

k3silk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

damn that sucks where is ED located Im in maryland and and will be picking up a cts-v coupe and want to add some stuff where is a good shop to trust for tunning as I will be doing the labor or the mods.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I feel the pain of both sides of this conversation. Cad... it sounds like you may have a legitimate complaint to a degree yet the tone of your posts comes off wrong. Mods come with risk that are the responsibility of the owner. However, the buyer should expect some sort of play time with it before the toy breaks otherwise its like who the F made this... Taiwan! So I get it. And to the tuner Ed... yes someone came into your shop with a car that had mods and wanted more. But hey, we all have the go fast sickness to some degree or another yet we can't all make a living at the hobby can we. And we need experts to help us go faster and help us to not break our toys cause then the result is the opposite of what we wanted which is slow. 0 mph...! Broken! Sad and failure. No one on both sides should be happy about that and should work to prevent it with some sort of saftey margin. So we rely on others to make the sound decisions to make a fun toy that will last with American pride not Chinese horse sh! T. So a bit of pride in your work from the tuner and expected failure in modifications from the ownershould be expected.

Looks to me that some responsibility should have been taken on both sides here. But should not be immediately expected to be all on one side or the other.

Therefore when something like this happens... which occasionally they do... from the owners posts and the tuners occasional over zealous mistakes...

I wouldn't want to be in a project with either of you! Buyer and tuner beware!

Sad story for both of you morons!

----------

Sorry about the moron part. It just came out of my fingers before I could keep from hitting send.

Just both of you slap yourselves and move on.

Take care all and god bless.
    JimmyH and JimmyH like this.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Let's knock some skulls!

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

I personally do not have a dog in this fight so I really do not care the outcome...it doesn't affect me. But some advice for the OP...

Forums are not treasure troves of facts and saying things like 'these are facts not opinions' does not mean anything to anyone reading this online. There is no way for 99% of us to personally investigate your statements in an unbiased manner so while they are 'facts' to you, to everyone else they are just words on a computer screen that carry very little weight. I could have written every single thing you posted on here and said it happened to me without me even knowing Ed and it would still come down to a he-said-this, no-he-said-that, argument.

Forums, in my opinion, are more closely related to courtrooms when discussions like this come up and arguing a case without material evidence comes down to how the argument is presented. Your tone, comments (inappropriate ones involving other members and their members), overall argumentative display, inability to accept responsibility, and undeserved arrogance in a dozen posts on this thread have completely destroyed your reputation. It appears this is the case on numerous other forums too which is why you have been banned in the past. When these debates/discussions come up and all that anyone on here can use to distiguish facts from fiction is the reputation and character of the OP then you have completely ruined your ability to be believeable in the future. My advice to you is to move on...with life, with a different forum...whatever the case may be. I do not see you having the maturity to apologize for your unacceptable attitude so I don't think you will get any respect back from the people on here you have insulted for no reason.

Again, just some advice. Take it or leave it and I honestly do not care. Best of luck with the car and every experience is a lesson so just don't repeat this one and you will be ahead of the game.
    Luna., Luna., Tedboss1 and 1 others like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Forums are for bullshitting and sharing ideas. Unfortunately there are a few who want to turn them into courtrooms. And they seem to expect us (the site staff) to do something about it. Even though we have neither the power or obligation to do so.

In the end, this isn't Cadzla's forum. It isn't Ed's forum. It certainly isn't my forum. It's YOUR forum. You guys need to tell these people to knock this shit off.

Knock the p00p off!

translux is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10' V Blk/Blk Manual Trans

From my understanding Translux has had nothing but problems since Ed touched his car.
    Say what? Now your just making shit up.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CADZLA RETURNS View Post
    I was responding to your stupid ass comments punk. You have no idea all the bullshit (not just Ed) that I have gone through. I could give a shit if you respect me. I don't want your respect because your obviously just another loser Eddie nut sucker like DMM.
    I have no idea who Ed is, nor the quality of his work. I could care less if he's great or not. The fact of the matter is you manage to annoy far more people than you convince with your stupid tirades.

And I love the name calling. Just gotta love the internet-tough-guy routine. You have no idea who might be on the other end of the screen...

Also, I never stated my OPINIONS. I have stated FACTS. That's what the forums are for and you don't like what I have to say then go find something else to do with your miserable life.
    See comment above about me posting in your threads. As long as I don't violate a forum rule, I'll do so as I please.

I already addressed the issues that I had with the two other forums. Get over it already.
    The only thing you've addressed is that you're a child hiding behind a computer & have little, if any, respect for other posters. Hence, you've been booted off other forums.

P.S. Speaking of tools. Why don't you take Ed's out of your mouth for a while? Maybe share with DMM?!
    As stated above, I don't know Ed, nor do I have any inkling to use him. I'm an unbiased 3rd party responding to a fool, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by translux View Post
    Say what? Now your just making shit up.

hmm...

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Ok. I have given you ladies enough time to bitch and moan and complain and disagree. Hopefully you're all done PMS-ing by now!
    I find this especially telling. You've posted now in multiple forums telling this story, including this one, and the response is fairly common regarding the backlash. Maybe, just MAYBE, the issue lies with YOU and not everyone else?!?!?!

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Isn't this jackass (OP) an insurance agent in the Chicago area? If so, I wonder how his customers would respond to seeing his comments. Can you imagine CADZLA having to represent or assist you through an insurance claim? Hmm....

SilverrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

boring

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.