New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by translux Chuck sorry for your troubles-it's sucks when things don't work out. I do think your anger/energy ...
    CADZLA RETURNS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Blown by Ed Hutchings, 08 Escalade

Re: New Motor Time - Thanks to Ed Hutchings

Quote Originally Posted by translux View Post
    Chuck sorry for your troubles-it's sucks when things don't work out.
    I do think your anger/energy is misplaced with blaming Ed.

I have nothing but great things to say about his work, follow up etc.
    My car drives like stock until you go into boost then all hell breaks loose in a nice linear and controllable fashion.
    Keep in mind that this is with a highly modded car making greater than 700 whp.

He also diagnosed and resolved issues that had nothing to do with tuning and clearly weren't his responsibility.

If anyone is looking for someone to tune I would highly recommend Ed Hutchins with zero reservations.

The whisperer has spoken. Thanks for the words bro, but I am not sure who I should blame. Nobody else compromised my motor. It's not really anger at this point. It's water under the bridge (after the water under the heads!). I just want to get my story out like I stated above. I hired a "professional" (or someone who I thought was professional), and this person failed miserably. I understand that mistakes happen. But 23psi, 190+ IAT2s, 12.1 AFR, on stock bottom end wasn't a mistake. It was nothing short of negligent. Period. For the past several months I have told my story to several shop owners, engine builders, tuners, and everyone told me that Ed had no business going anywhere near 20psi even if it was A FORGED MOTOR (my rebuilt forged/stroked motor won't see more than 15-16psi). No competent tuner would ever push a stock bottom end that hard. Most told me that after 12psi you're flirting with disaster. Ed knew I wanted a safe tune from day one, so why he chose to push it so hard is beyond my comprehension. I think he gets some sick satisfaction out of blowing shit up. Anyways, I am glad you're one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any problems (yet). If you were in my shoes you wouldn't be praising the guy, trust me. If you would have been one of the guys that was around that saw what he did, you would be singing a different tune. If you can tell me that he did nothing wrong with the way he pushed my motor, you need to quit sniffing that E85, and better put the cats back on.
    PS. I wouldn't call your motor highly modified, unless I missed something and you got a cam, heads, forged bottom end, NOS or meth or turbos...just sayin.........

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    Are you the same guy who got banned on the other CTSV forum?[COLOR="Silver"]

He was doing things that you didn't feel comfortable doing, yet let him continue doing it? WTF??
    Don't comment unless you read all my "paragraphs". I TOLD HIM THAT WE NEED TO BLEED THE HX. I TOLD HIM THAT WE SHOULD SWAP PULLEYS AND START WITH LOWER BOOST, (10-14PSI). HE KNEW I HAD 3 PULLEYS WITH ME. HE KNEW I HAD 5 GALLONS OF MS109. HE TOLD ME TO LEAVE HIM ALONE AND LET ME DO HIS JOB. In hindsight I should have told him to turn the motor off and get the **** lost. In hindsight I should have told him to pound sand after he lifted the heads, and find a competent tuner. But it was too late for that as the damage was already done.

----------

----------

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    Ed is one of (if not "The") best LS tuners out there. Sorry man, someone with your history of being banned across multiple boards isn't going to do much to damage a stellar reputation in the community, which is a good thing for Ed.

Let us know when you get 700whp...
    Remove Ed's scrotum from your mouth and face reality bro. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but the WORST LS tuner wouldn't run 23psi. Period! Ask William Hoffman, from Maryland, if Ed is the best LS tuner out there. Period. I will post Bill's email later. He is the guy that owns the brand new ZL1 that Ed Hutchings melted a couple pistons in late last year. Please enlighten me to the "multiple boards". There are two (cts owners and camaro5). Got booted from both as I was telling everyone my poor experience with Keith Cring of Kdi and the Whipple, and it turns out I WAS RIGHT. I was dealing with biased admins and/or owners as Keith was a supporting member. He was banned from cadillacowners a few months ago. Trust me I have tarnished Ed's reputation, and he's done a good job on his own as well by his comments, demeanor, attitude, etc. I have steered a ton of guys away from Ed, guaranteed.

I'll be close to 800whp by the end of June. You'll be the first I send the dyno sheet to.

Let us know when you get a V2.

Cheers!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CADZLA RETURNS View Post

[/COLOR]Remove Ed's scrotum from your mouth and face reality bro. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but the WORST LS tuner wouldn't run 23psi. Period! Ask William Hoffman, from Maryland, if Ed is the best LS tuner out there. Period. I will post Bill's email later. He is the guy that owns the brand new ZL1 that Ed Hutchings melted a couple pistons in late last year. Please enlighten me to the "multiple boards". There are two (cts owners and camaro5). Got booted from both as I was telling everyone my poor experience with Keith Cring of Kdi and the Whipple, and it turns out I WAS RIGHT. I was dealing with biased admins and/or owners as Keith was a supporting member. He was banned from cadillacowners a few months ago. Trust me I have tarnished Ed's reputation, and he's done a good job on his own as well by his comments, demeanor, attitude, etc. I have steered a ton of guys away from Ed, guaranteed.

I'll be close to 800whp by the end of June. You'll be the first I send the dyno sheet to.

Let us know when you get a V2.

Cheers!
    Where is the tune? Can you post it and highlight (or provide screenshots) exactly what is wrong in the tune? The common traits with your multiple threads across several boards is:

1. You have made arbitrary statements and accusations without providing any evidence what so ever..other than your word (which has been called into question in every thread, including this one).

2. You are completely unable to control yourself in any way. Anyone who remotely disagrees with you is immediately condemned and the personal attacks begin in a completely chaotic, bipolar manner. Which leads me to...

3. You seem to have a rather obvious obsession with male genitalia. I'm not one to pass judgment, just thought I would point out the obvious.

I am quite happy with my V1. Then again, I can actually work on my own stuff without fear of having crap falling off of it afterwards (which was independently verified in one of your threads). I won't need to see a dyno sheet, you'll start another thread with a 10k character post (devoid of any formal structure) about how some new shop took your money and blew your car up when you were on the verge of some type of record.

Good luck with your meds.
    Luna., Luna., BlownV and 1 others like this.

Boosted2000si is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 CTSV

Did Ed personally install the Whipple and pulleys that created 20+ psi or did he simply sit in the car to tune it? Did he suggest the blower and specific pulley combo?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Imaginary rep points to anyone who posts cliff notes on this thread.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Motor go boom. Ed teh suck. Statement scrutinized.

This thread reads like an IRS bulletin.

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Wow, just read all of the OP's posts on other forums about this...I think this was my favorite quote:

"OP is a Douche Nozzle - and should go choke himself"

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Quote Originally Posted by BlownV View Post
    Wow, just read all of the OP's posts on other forums about this...I think this was my favorite quote:

"OP is a Douche Nozzle - and should go choke himself"
    Thanks God for Google otherwise I wouldn't know what you are talking about in the quote.

It's official - Ed Hutchings damaged my motor. Three cylinders are low in compression and the plugs are seeing oil. This is what happens when an incompetent tuner pushes a stock bottom end LSA with stock head bolts with 23psi, IAT2s at 190+, 12.1 AFR and 19 degrees of timing. live and learn i guess . I was considering going with the GM 376LSX B15 but heard that the forged internals are generic . Also was considering a 408 long block from Texas Speed or a Jess Bubbs 434LSX.
    But decided to have my motor rebuilt with forged internals . I'll have it sleeved as well.
    Cheers!
    btw, this is your last thread on this matter. This is cadillacforums.com. Not cadzlavsed.com.

buddyg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am completely happy with Ed's work on my car. He tuned my car in Chicago the same time he did Cadzla and translux.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

14PSI). HE KNEW I HAD 3 PULLEYS WITH ME. HE KNEW I HAD 5 GALLONS OF MS109. HE TOLD ME TO LEAVE HIM ALONE AND LET ME DO HIS JOB. In hindsight I should have told him to turn the motor off and get the **** lost. In hindsight I should have told him to pound sand after he lifted the heads, and find a competent tuner. But it was too late for that as the damage was already done.
    I'll post if I so desire, whether you like it or not. I have little respect for you, nor your opinion, & I have a feeling that sentiment is shared by many. DMM nailed it with his comments. You were banned from those other forums for being a tool, not because you were right. You've been lit up so many times in those other threads, you're like a Christmas tree in December. I've wasted my time reading some of this thread to begin with, to say nothing about actually replying to it... somebody please smack me...

buddyg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

SMACK!!

There you go, it is time for Chuck to move on with his life.

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
    SMACK!!

There you go, it is time for Chuck to move on with his life.
    Buddy, your gonna get an honorable mention on cadzla.com for that comment. Lol

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.