Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Engine Oil & Tranny Fluid

2013CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013CTSV

Engine Oil & Tranny Fluid

Hey guys,

Quick question, what do you guys/gals use in terms of fluids for your cars? I was reading around and people say change your oil and tranny/diff fluid after a few hundred miles of owning the car and it makes a nice different in how its revs drive & shifts. Can anyone attest to this? Also what do you run and recommend?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Re: Engine Oil & Tranny Fluid

No change in performance with better oils. Just more insurance.

I run amsoil in both engine and tranny along with the rear diff. I changed the engine the first time at about 1000 miles and the trans the first time at 10K. I use OLM for oil changes. Change the diff after every track weekend. Change the trans every 15-20K.

Enjoy your ride!

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser68 View Post
    No change in performance with better oils. Just more insurance.

I run amsoil in both engine and tranny along with the rear diff. I changed the engine the first time at about 1000 miles and the trans the first time at 10K. I use OLM for oil changes. Change the diff after every track weekend. Change the trans every 15-20K.

Enjoy your ride!
    thank cruiser, what weight do you run for your engine oil? Also is tranny fluid tranny fluid and diff fluid diff fluid? What I mean by that is are there different weights to those as well that I should be concerned with?

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Red/Blk 2016

I just follow the owners manual and live by that. From what I read, Dexron VI is almost a synthetic trans fluid due to it's properties.

Yea that is probably what I will end up doing but people experiment and report back a lot of findings so its nice to explore options ya know.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

5w30 in the engine, 75/140 in the rear diff for track weekends 75/90 for no track work. I like the Amsoil light ATF fluid as it is full synthetic and I like the extra insurance for track days. Dexron VI is semi-synthetic.

5w30 in the engine, 75/140 in the rear diff for track weekends 75/90 for no track work. I like the Amsoil light ATF fluid as it is full synthetic and I like the extra insurance for track days. Dexron VI is semi-synthetic.
    Thanks! Appreciate that.

----------

Thanks! Appreciate that.

JGeezer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 V (B&M, muffler delete), 2003 Corvette

I have to update my profile, I found a super clean 2004 that I'm just getting into!

Which Amsoil ATF do you like? The MTF "Synchromesh" or regular ATL? My 80K mile synchros aren't bad, but I can hear some bearing noise at times when there's any pressure on the stick.

I also have (surprise!) some light diff whining. Not going to be a track car, but would you try the 75/110 or always stick with the 75/90 for street use?

Thanks!