Airaid CAI
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Airaid CAI in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey whats up? Just picked up my diamond black 2013 CTS V coupe last week and the mod bug is ...
    2013CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013CTSV

Airaid CAI

Hey whats up? Just picked up my diamond black 2013 CTS V coupe last week and the mod bug is here. Ive seen ludacris gains for this intake of like 45whp and I wanted to know what some of your guys true experiences has been with this intake? I also have some D3 springs on the way to get a more aggressive look till I have more $$ for some KW's, gotta pay for a fence :/. Do i need to worry about my air fuel ratios where I need a tune right away or does the car adapt just fine?

Thanks

BRendan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Airaid CAI

If you are just changing the air intake you need not worry about the tune, if you are changin more parts at the same time, ie headers and catback then i would recommend gettin a tune as well...

Our vehicles have o2 sensors that correct on the fly, as long as you dont hear any clicking noises under heavy acceleration you will be fine...

Enjoy

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Have the intake, love the intake. Don't expect nearly that power though.

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

More of a seat of the pants increase due largely to the wonderfull supercharger whine.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Power TV noted some nice gains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIwuW1ovkW4

Love mine!

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

I would say temperature change of car from it sitting for so long is the reason for those gains in the video. I would bet that if they let the stock car sit for the duration it took for them to install the exhaust and intake before doing the run, it would have dyno results close to the same..

2013CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    I would say temperature change of car from it sitting for so long is the reason for those gains in the video. I would bet that if they let the stock car sit for the duration it took for them to install the exhaust and intake before doing the run, it would have dyno results close to the same..
    Yea I understand that. Just put the intake on today, took all of like 30 minutes. I mayyyy of skipped a few steps lol but its in there real secure and sounds amazing!!!! Great mod for the buck and I most certainly feel more of a pull. The increased whine noise is heaven to my ears haha.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.