Hennessey Performance - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hennessey Performance in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ^^^^^thanks John - but I think you should state that you want the business of forum members! I don't think ...
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Hennessey Performance

^^^^^thanks John - but I think you should state that you want the business of forum members! I don't think the performance or quality of the work was in question - which honestly in this industry speaks louder than some delivery issues. This was one of the most thoughtful posts I have ever read authored by a H Performance representative, or you yourself, and no matter if I purchase anything in the furture from you or not, because of this, I probably won't feel the need to chime in on future threads when someone asks about your company.

In this respect, I think you should not look at responding here as a waste of your time, because it was not, and should not look at future posts as a waste of time, posting on future threads, in any forum.

Honesly John, I'm a nobody, and even if you are a somebody in the automotive performance industry, word of mouth is still important with the lighting speed of online information.

-P

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I don't think he gives a crap about the business of forum members. Most reputable shops don't anymore. And I don't blame them one bit. Most so called forum enthusiasts are needy, whiny, and privileged. If you don't get everything for almost nothing, you won't think twice about coming on a forum like this and creating a rant about how you were taken advantage of, and the vendor you dealt with has no idea how to run a business.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

while i appreciate John's participation in this thread
    and I agree that it was worthwhile (even though I kind of agree with Jimmy)
    i'd rather see more posts about cts-v wagons breaking records at the texas mile on pump gas

... like this one
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Most so called forum enthusiasts are needy, whiny, and privileged. If you don't get everything for almost nothing, you won't think twice about coming on a forum like this and creating a rant about how you were taken advantage of, and the vendor you dealt with has no idea how to run a business.
    Are you a forum enthusiast - or do you just moderate them? It amuses me to read your post, but I think there's some truth there regardless.

The problem with online communities (aside from Jimmy's point) is that these posts are saved literally for perpetuity like John's "Your mother" rants above from circa 2001 - which is a blessing and a curse: high quality responses can pay dividends even a decade later, but so can a thoughtless, trivial post from Hennessey (or any other forum member) be multi-quoted into history and linked to whenever necessary.

Anyone can likewise come off as needy, whiny, and privileged - in this case I think there's plenty to go around.

Let's face it, the days of glossy magazine spreads selling business are coming to an end. It's either word of mouth, or a Google search (which would turn up silly threads like these from various forums); thus it would be foolhardy for an industry player to ignore them or their membership for both reasons - a reputation can be very hard to change. So the value in heeding these and other forums can have long-term, layered effects and you want to foster a positive image, whether it's supplying a $250K car for a magazine's road test, having customer testimonials on your company sight, or by having a bunch of people say swell things about your work on some silly enthusiast website so the next time someone asks "is this a good company?" they'll mention your name.

It's like, why companies pay to be "supporting vendors" and shit.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

companies pay to be supporting vendors so that they can have access to sell their products to the membership and make profits in doing so

there is a risk (the downside plainly laid out before us in this thread) that is taken by these vendors

Jimmy's observation (or similar reasons) tends to be why this smaller/niche market is often passed over by many vendors
    the risks just don't outweigh the potential rewards

that brings me to my point ... given the fact that the potential upside is limited there is a certain amount of respect (or appreciation) for vendors who are here
    you know they're not only in it for the money because there's just not that much money to be had here
    (yes there is some, but HPE for instance couldn't stay in business on Cadillacs alone)

granted, I'm a bit biased being a supporting vendor myself... but those that know me know i'm fairly impartial
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

John Hennessey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV

Thank you guys for the positive comments. And while we are a supporter of this forum and many other forums, I dont always get a chance to follow what is going on with various discussions, etc. Nor do I check my PM inboxes for the dozen or so forums that we sponsor. That being said, we do welcome the opportunity to serve any and all of you. But our business is probably different than most tuners who appear to depend on the internet and forums for new clients. We welcome any and all for the opportunity to serve you. We are not the least expensive, but we do offer a solid, proven product with a comprehensive warranty. Our clients come to us for a proven, turnkey product with the branding, resale value and customer support that our clients deserve. Thank you again for your kind words and consideration. And please let us know if we can help you. Our sales team is available at 979.885.1300. Have a great weekend.

John

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

John:
    I am a fourm member and i do plan on supporting your business.
    I was at your Lake Forest facility yesterday talking to Don & William,
    mainly Don about a V650 build-up to my currently bone stock '09 CTS-V.
    I met you at your Lake Forest open house and talked to you and some of
    your staff at CA facility. I know David Jette & Don from the Irvine Cars & Coffee
    cruise. I am impressed with your staff that I have met for both their professional
    & courteous responses & knowledgeable input. I will be down at the CA facility
    week after next to have them do a few pulls on the dyno for a base line.
    I have never seen your facility when it wasn't spotlessly clean and it is a very impressive
    shop.

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Quote Originally Posted by John Hennessey View Post
    Thank you guys for the positive comments. And while we are a supporter of this forum and many other forums, I dont always get a chance to follow what is going on with various discussions, etc. Nor do I check my PM inboxes for the dozen or so forums that we sponsor. That being said, we do welcome the opportunity to serve any and all of you. But our business is probably different than most tuners who appear to depend on the internet and forums for new clients. We welcome any and all for the opportunity to serve you. We are not the least expensive, but we do offer a solid, proven product with a comprehensive warranty. Our clients come to us for a proven, turnkey product with the branding, resale value and customer support that our clients deserve. Thank you again for your kind words and consideration. And please let us know if we can help you. Our sales team is available at 979.885.1300. Have a great weekend.

John
    Thanks for taking to time to personally respond and put in your comments. I have seen a few Hennessey V's and all seem to perform quite well.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V
    It's nice he took the time to respond, despite the trash talking. John sir you are a pioneer in the v8/v10 business and I am sure some of the members majorly appreciate your post, especially the OP and myself. Some vendors would probably ignore the banter, even at less brutal stages, but regardless of that you still posted. It changes my opinion I'll edit my first post and I hope to do [successful] business with you.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I, too, appreciate John addressing concerns here.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Yea that's the stuff we are looking for. Thanks John.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    I used to be an enthusiast. I used to go to meets. I used to have a lot of fun with it. Then I started meeting "forum" enthusiasts. After I became a moderator I even tried to help some. It didn't end well. So I might come off as jaded and bitter. It has left me knowing exactly how guys like Hennessy feel. There are a lot of good people here. But it's a shame that they are such a minority. At least a good chunk of the *******s went elsewhere a while back.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You've met me. I'm a forum enthusiast. Ya g00b.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You've met me. I'm a forum enthusiast. Ya g00b.
    Probably trying to forget.

J/K

LuckyLou is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I just had the 650 done on my 2012 V. Got it back a week ago, on time, as promised. All pieces and parts are there. So far, no complaints, no problems, car runs great.
    JimmyH likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.