Hennessey Performance - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hennessey Performance in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I don't have a dog in this hunt as I don't have a V. I do pay attention to tuners. ...
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: Hennessey Performance

I don't have a dog in this hunt as I don't have a V. I do pay attention to tuners. My $.02 is this: Hennessey will give you a quality tune. Personally, after watching him on TV with, I believe, Jay Leno, I was less than enthralled with him. He "borrowed" a customer's car and basically took it for a joy ride with Jay, laying rubber all over and generally driving it hard, way hard, without the owner's permission. This was recently on tv, and they even commented that it was a borrowed car. Not acceptable.

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I don't have a dog in this hunt as I don't have a V. I do pay attention to tuners. My $.02 is this: Hennessey will give you a quality tune. Personally, after watching him on TV with, I believe, Jay Leno, I was less than enthralled with him. He "borrowed" a customer's car and basically took it for a joy ride with Jay, laying rubber all over and generally driving it hard, way hard, without the owner's permission. This was recently on tv, and they even commented that it was a borrowed car. Not acceptable.
    Here's a link to that video: http://www.lsxtv.com/news/video-jay-...upe-de-thrill/

Yep, dat's da one.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

how do you know that the owner didn't give their approval?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    Oh really so you have GM authorization to access and tune the PCM?
    Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    ummm, yea right. GM will still replace an engine that blows up on a 700 HP after-market modded car??? I'm thinking, no they won't. I'd like to see proof of that or the written agreement between GM and your company. I seriously doubt the GM bean counters and VP's would go for that. Lets ask Katie perhaps??

You guys need to learn how to read.

"We didn't get to where our cars keep the factory warranty in tact doing 700 horsepower builds with a 5 hour turnaround, and for that reason we are not for everyone."

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    how do you know that the owner didn't give their approval?
    Factually, I don't know since I wasn't privy to the behind the scenes. However, the way they joked about it led me to believe they didn't have permission. Easily construed to see it my way by watching the video.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

You guys need to learn how to read.
    I can read just fine as I have a Masters in EE and work on lots of very expensive things, that cost far more than any of your cars. Show something that proves you and GM Corporate are in agreement and that they will cover the GM warranty if it blows up. A simple PDF of such an agreement or an actual case when a car blew an engine with your mods, and GM gave them a whole new engine will suffice with GM knowing full well what the mods were and what happened. A simple request, no? I'm not argue about it, as I don't really care either way as I'll never buy your stuff. But its a bold statement to say it keeps the FULL GM warranty. I will send GM an email as ask them myself.....and post the answer i get back. If in fact they honor the original GM warranty with all that extra HP, why not do it themselves? Well because the bean counters figure out after talking to the engineers how often failures might happen, and how much it would cost to honor the warranty at any power level...so the bean counters tell the engineers to back it off some to save GM said expenses down the road. Why would GM be willing to pay for another company's mistake?

PetroCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Sedan

On their website Hennessey shows a 3 year/36,000 mile limited warranty as part of their package.

Not sure if that means you can just role into a Caddy dealer when a problem occurs with no questions asked. Probably not.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    Having no opinion concerning aftermarket modification and knowing nothing about the Hennessey history, I must say that the responses by the Hennessey guys in this thread were rather arrogant with a total lack of contrition.
    It's human nature to be forgiving and give second chances, but to come on here and pretty much say if you don't believe how good we are, F you, essentially reinforced the already negative opinion some people had.
    No one is saying to come on here begging forgiveness, but a simple sincere acknowledgement of past sins would have gone a long way.
    I will say that after reading this thread and hearing what was presented, my opinion is that the Hennessey guys are full of themselves and it seems like they feel they are doing you a favor by modding your car.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by shchow View Post
    Having no opinion concerning aftermarket modification and knowing nothing about the Hennessey history, I must say that the responses by the Hennessey guys in this thread were rather arrogant with a total lack of contrition.
    It's human nature to be forgiving and give second chances, but to come on here and pretty much say if you don't believe how good we are, F you, essentially reinforced the already negative opinion some people had.
    No one is saying to come on here begging forgiveness, but a simple sincere acknowledgement of past sins would have gone a long way.
    I will say that after reading this thread and hearing what was presented, my opinion is that the Hennessey guys are full of themselves and it seems like they feel they are doing you a favor by modding your car.
    This^^^

John Hennessey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV

This kind of thread will come up from time to time and I have addressed these concerns in the past. And I am fine with addressing it again. And I do this to simply help clear up some things and am not expecting to get any business from forum members.

For a business to be successful over a long period of time, it takes a great product, creativity, good pr / marketing and solid, steady business management. For the first 10 years of my career in tuning cars I did the first 3-4 items very well. But at that time I did NOT surround myself with the staff and resources to make sure that we delivered in a timely manor. And it bit me hard in the 2000-2002 time frame. I was full of pride and made the big mistake of not taking care of customers. And I got spanked very hard for it. I re-grouped and made the decision that if I got a second chance that I would continue to do what I was good at but would surround myself with the best people who could make sure that our company delivered on every promise that I made. 10+ years later I am blessed to work with 30+ Hennessey team members who are dedicate themselves every day to build the best products and deliver the best service to our clients. Are we perfect, no. But if there is a problem, we take care of it. We run a real business and spend over $100k per year in insurance alone. If you send us your car it is fully insured up to $2m. Send your car to most other shops that do not have the resources to maintain garage keepers liability insurance and you are rolling the dice. I am not putting any other shops down, just giving you an example why our business has grown into one of the biggest and best in the industry.

Who on this forum has visited one of our facilities in Texas or CA? What did you see when you went there? How did our staff treat you? Most who want to comment about us have never met our staff, never visited our operations, never driven or owned one of our cars, etc. And that is OK and we dont expect to get everybody as a customer. But please give us a chance to show you that we run a great business and deliver great upgrades for the CTS-V.

That is about it and I am not going to play 20 questions about this and that over the past 22+ years of being in this business. When we do a media event such as Jay Leno, we usually bring the vehicles we own. If we bring a customer car, of course we get permission. If you want more about my story, download the Matt Farah The Smoking Tire podcast where I gave a lot more detail about the past. I think that will answer most questions about what happened 10+ years ago.

Thanks to the guys who are fair and open minded. Come and see us if you are ever near our shops in the Houston and SoCal areas. Thanks.

John Hennessey

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Keep on keepin' on...

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Well we've seen the work of Hennessey's "good" pr / marketing peeps within this thread...

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Nicely put, John.

I would try to lead with that type of response in the future, versus what The Other Guy was typing earlier on in this thread.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    John, I don't know you and I've never met you but if you walk this talk you have my respect. Thank you for input from the man himself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.