Hennessey Performance - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hennessey Performance in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Lmao...
    KlrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V OBM SD A6 744rw/729trq Vengeance Racing
    Lmao

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe
    So that means no one's bid on the $350,000 V he's got on eBay.....

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Hennessey Performance

Is Hennessey the Benghazi of performance shops? What does it matter what happened a few years ago.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

this guy (op) would still bang (unprotected) the girl you got herpes from knowing she gave you herpes. some people are just willfully ignorant.
    HUGN*RDS and HUGN*RDS like this.

mikespeed95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by tom46818 View Post
    I really do not understand this forum...I thought we were all car enthusiast?
    This summates my thoughts.

Instead of "Congrats on something you're happy about" It's a bunch of kids. Is this a 240sx forum full of unemployed children? In the context of this thread it seems plausible.

I challenge any of you to stop by our facility anytime and see if anything concerns you.. We hold several world records, build over 40 cars a month, have over TEN 1000+ horsepower builds underway right now and I've personally sold/delivered over 100 builds to my customer base since I started a little over 8 months ago.

I love the internet because it makes so much information readily available. I hate the internet because so many people take one snippet of information and try to paint a 22 year picture using 5 minutes worth of out-dated skewed info. C'mon guys.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by mikespeed95 View Post

Instead of "Congrats on something you're happy about" It's a bunch of kids. Is this a 240sx forum full of unemployed children? In the context of this thread it seems plausible.

I challenge any of you to stop by our facility anytime and see if anything concerns you.. We hold several world records, build over 40 cars a month, have over TEN 1000+ horsepower builds underway right now and I've personally sold/delivered over 100 builds to my customer base since I started a little over 8 months ago.

I love the internet because it makes so much information readily available. I hate the internet because so many people take one snippet of information and try to paint a 22 year picture using 5 minutes worth of out-dated skewed info. C'mon guys.
    Congrats! I am happy that you are taking care of your customers, delivering what you promise and actively trying to re-establish your business. I realize there is no actual rebuttal in your post, but I understand this isn't the first time you've posted on the internet either.

Do you acknowledge (ie legitimize) the accusations of former customers from "a long time ago," or is that something that's avoided for whatever reason? In other words, I think it would be cool if there was an open, frank disclaimer about the errors of former management... and how the New and Improved company (with the same name) is now different. You know, putting the whole thing out in plain sight would - IMHO - help a lot of people understand why your company is different now, and whether or not the same guy is still making command decisions.

With that said, I don't believe anyone here has questioned Hennessey's competency.
    Jefflugar and Jefflugar like this.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespeed95 View Post

Keep your nose to the grindstone and make the past the past.

But you can never erase the past and the consumer has EVERY RIGHT to scrutinize. This is a forum, these are opinions, those things happened. Deal with it.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I don't have an opinion on Hennessey performance or their work....

However, I did witness when a user named John Hennessey (purported to be John himself) of Hennessey Performance participated in several threads over at the Jeep SRT8 Forum a few years back and threatened a lot of people with litigation. He ended up not being very nice and getting banned.

Here's some excerpts from his posts (as written by John):

I AM SURE THAT IS TRUE SINCE YOU DONT HAVE A JOB AND STAY AT HOME S**KING ON
    MAMA'S T** WHEN YOU GET THIRSTY.

GET A JOB F**KTARD!
    COMING FROM A PUNK WHO LIVES AT HOME AND TYPES ON HIS MOM'S COMPUTER IN BETWEEN
    WATCHING RE-RUNS OF DR. PHIL AND SPONGE BOB, THAT MEANS A LOT COMING FROM YOU
    MR. 03AZ-DOUCHE.......
    when did you stop beating
    your wife? when did you stop masturbating in the shower?

some questions
    dont deserve answers. if you or anyone else does not want to do business with us
    then thats your choice.
    I refute all that BS. I refute the moderators and site owner/operator for
    allowing harrassing and unsubstaniated bs with no first hand knowledge to be
    posted on here. it is slanderous and libelous.

and we will hold any such person or business accountable for
    stating or allowing this to happen or continue to happen.

John
    Hennessey

Hennessey Performance Engineering
    You can see all of his posts here: http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...archid=4882145 along with the threads. In some of those threads, people that posted negative thoughts on Hennessey claim they received PM's from him saying that they need to alter their posts or they will suffer legal action.

Again, I am not stating any of this is true. Maybe that wasn't even really John on there. You can read the posts yourself and be your own judge.

MikePeters@Hennessey is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes, I'm familiar with how to make people look terrible using .000000001% of a story. Like most males my I age, I am indeed a heterosexual and I have indeed have had a girlfriend before that I dumped, they do the same thing. I think that's the closest true analogy to what I think when I see people digging up this crap, while somehow completely overlooking the 1000's of other cars that kept on getting built over those years with no issues during that time..

Every company has issues if you dig, John actually chose to directly engage those issues, and I have to be honest as a proud Texan, I can't really blame him for openly speaking his mind. A tad unprofessional and shocking by modern society's standards? Sure, but nothing wrong with a man stating his side of the story, and he's a really great guy to work with, and a total team player. But as we do down here in Texas, he will not hesitate to speak his mind.

I'm assuming everyone here is above talking about old news, and has enough critical thinking skills to see where we are today and go from there, but I've been surprised by my miscalculation of inernettiquette before where I just expected way too much out of an internet community. If you wanna talk about active topics I'd love to.

I would imagine H Performance would like all of it to go away, just like a bad credit report after going bankrupt.....but the history is there. I was there directly when a lot of things went down.

I see nothing wrong with ensuring informed buyers. Buyer beware.

Why is the company still so…defensive? Why are posts such as that above ^^^^still finding their way into forums? Are there still pending litigation – I believe so, though in truth I cannot verify that, and don’t really feel the need to. Where is their new PR campaign? It makes you wonder. I myself prefer dealing with professionals, and professional conduct, regardless of the state they live in - pun intended.

It would be much more professional to state something like:

We are aware of unfortunate circumstances and misunderstandings in our companies past. We have tried to deal with these issues, to ensure satisfaction of former, current, and potential new customers. In some instances, for some customers, no amount of compensation, coordination, or cooperation would have satisfied the party which is an unfortunate, but certain part of customer service. Rest assured our company strives endlessly to improve our service to customers. We will continue to strive to offer the best performance upgrades for your late model vehicle at competitive prices, fast turnaround, exceptional quality, backed up by service after the sale second to none.

…but what do I know? (The above written example of proper customer services is the express property of myself)

I myself prefer dealing with professionals, and professional conduct, regardless of the state they live in - pun intended.
    KlrV and KlrV like this.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by MikePeters@Hennessey View Post
    Yes, I'm familiar with how to make people look terrible using .000000001% of a story. Like most males my I age, I am indeed a heterosexual and I have indeed have had a girlfriend before that I dumped, they do the same thing.
    So... this looks familiar.

I see people digging up this crap, while somehow completely overlooking the 1000's of other cars that kept on getting built over those years with no issues during that time..
    That must be code for "this crap" is pretty damn close to the truth.

Every company has issues if you dig, John actually chose to directly engage those issues, and I have to be honest as a proud Texan, I can't really blame him for openly speaking his mind.
    So that was John on the website, the allegations have teeth, and - again - no actual rebuttal here. Nice packaging, but it sounds like the above referenced situations continue to be accurate, John (and HPE) are unrepentant up and to this point.

A tad unprofessional and shocking by modern society's standards? Sure, but nothing wrong with a man stating his side of the story, and he's a really great guy to work with, and a total team player. But as we do down here in Texas, he will not hesitate to speak his mind.
    "when did you stop beating your wife? when did you stop masturbating in the shower?" Yeah.. that's a tad unprofessional (and shocking) for a man stating his side of the story. He also comes off like a real team player in those quotes - with a strong focus on customer service!

I'm assuming everyone here is above talking about old news, and has enough critical thinking skills to see where we are today and go from there, but I've been surprised by my miscalculation of inernettiquette before where I just expected way too much out of an internet community. If you wanna talk about active topics I'd love to.
    Another dismissal. No apologies, hem-hawing around the past behavior and talking about how HPE is now different? Just more justification of the past? Talking about old news in the context of theft, juvenile insults, lies and conning out other men of their money... well, most of us would consider that relevant to a man's character regardless of the timeframe - Right up there with a handshake and taking a man's word.

But you guys don't think that way down there `n Texas?

MikePeters@Hennessey is offline Cadillac Owners Member

We build fast cars, we are not masters of internet PR. If you'd like a fast car built by a proven firm with over 22 years of successful operation, and over 5,000 cars built you call us. Simple. If you'd like internet/forum PR, then call a marketing firm, that is not what we do. We didn't get to where our cars keep the factory warranty in tact doing 700 horsepower builds with a 5 hour turnaround, and for that reason we are not for everyone. Glad to hear this thread is going to be back on topic and less full of people with misconstrued stories read 4th hand on the internet. Just like 'Obama is not a US Citizen' 'Bush blew up the twin-towers', 'the pentagon was hit by a missile' 'Aids isn't a real disease' the internet is full of wonderful information with no merit. We did fire an employee who was a shop manager in the early 2000's for not being able to manage or complete projects on time, and after his termination he called some customers and went to the press with his spun stories in an attempt to inflict harm to our business, he had partial success and it was all sorted out over a decade ago, and after being run out of the industry he works at a high school in North Houston. 10 years later we're building the World's fastest production car (Venom GT) and you can buy our products straight off of GM, Chrysler and Ford showrooms. Hard work pays off, and in the real world, real results speak much louder than the same bit-and-piece stories floating around on the good old internet. Any brick and mortar shop has dirt under the foundation, the merit that dirt has depends on whether or not you would like to use common sense. Am I going to ignore your questions above? Absolutely. I don't really discuss people telling me that Obama wasn't born here either. I don't like the guy but I have enough common sense to see past that, and it's not worth wasting my time to discuss things that are skewed beyond reality.

Again, come by here and see if you see anything like the internet portrays. You can even walk in our shop on Google Maps..

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

This thread is proof why most REAL car enthusiasts stay off of forums all together.

Hennessey screwed up a thousand years ago and are still paying the price for it. That's life. Deal with it Hennessey.

To the rest of you: some people believe in second chances (even Hennessey deserves one) and many people who have the money prefer to pay top dollar for a modded car that is reliable and comes with support. Deal with it.

Those of you who do your mods on the cheap get a car that performs like it's on the cheap. You can tell me I don't know what the **** I am talking about (many of you will; go ahead, I can take it and don't give half a crap what you think) but I have been to the track. I have been on these forums. I have seen the outcome of cars that are built on the cheap. There are endless stories of their failures all over this, and many other forums.

Oh really so you have GM authorization to access and tune the PCM?

DCV
    DCV is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

our cars keep the factory warranty in tact doing 700 horsepower
    ummm, yea right. GM will still replace an engine that blows up on a 700 HP after-market modded car??? I'm thinking, no they won't. I'd like to see proof of that or the written agreement between GM and your company. I seriously doubt the GM bean counters and VP's would go for that. Lets ask Katie perhaps??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.