Hennessey Performance - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hennessey Performance in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS "once a rapist always a rapist" may not apply but if someone muffed up that bad, ...
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Hennessey Performance

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post
    "once a rapist always a rapist" may not apply but if someone muffed up that bad, and if you read back had the balls to admit it, then I think the crowd is split 50/50. I personally, because of that reputation, would not take my V there. Besides the fact they are far away plays a significant role, who's to say that something like that 100% couldn't happen to my car? My initial post in this thread was without this knowledge. Thank you for advising me. If I were the OP and already planning it I would go through with it. He probably does many cars "on the list, those who didn't know like me" and it would be a slight chance only that yours would be, as I called it before, "muffed".
    Wat?

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...ey-Performance

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...per-guy-34744/

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20020405/FREE/204050704

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?vie...ID=455&tID=171

Much has been locked and removed from forums, probably because of sponsorships.....do some digging lots to read. Much I read about 6-8 years ago when I was driving a C5 and on the corvetteforums has been removed. I don't have any personal experience; however I read enough to know there are a lot of shops around that don't have similar...issues...with a simple google search. The question was asked, I'm just letting you know what I know.
    +1

Even the automags (that seem to love them) have mentioned these issues previously.

Hennessey is under "new management," but from what I gather he's still involved and making money off the company - which on that premise alone would keep me away on principle.

IF you get your car back in a timely fashion with all of the original parts - please post here. As far as the "give people a second chance" crap... well, in reality he's been proven a thief more than once, so we're probably on chance 21 or 22 by now. But hey, it's your $70,000 gamble.

Might as well marry a junkie prostitute and trust that she'll stay clean (and faithful). IMHO - there are just too many other options to justify the drama.
    Stillborn and Stillborn like this.

justinschmidt1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You can probably get the same work done elsewhere for a fraction of the price....buy its your $

tom46818 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

I my humble opinion (remember this when you make your comments) any performance shop has had there issues. I am happy with my decision and looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Prdnme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

With Hennessey, "a fool and his money (car parts) are soon parted"

All I can say is, good luck! I hope you come out on top.

You are allowed your opinion. I disagree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Prdnme View Post
    With Hennessey, "a fool and his money (car parts) are soon parted"

All I can say is, good luck! I hope you come out on top.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

tom has made up his mind to get bent over without a kiss first, or the courtesy of a reach-around. so be it,... so say the flock.

KlrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V OBM SD A6 744rw/729trq Vengeance Racing
    I just can't see paying 20k for an 11.xx e.t. package and some vinyl stickers, but hey to each his own..

I really do not understand this forum...I thought we were all car enthusiast?

CJCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tom46818 View Post
    You are seriously confused... most of the performance ones are on owners

Hennessey has a bad rep for a reason. There are other better (in every respect) shops in Houston specifically, and many more around Texas, and even around the country who can do the same, if not better job for significantly less.

We are enthusiasts... we are trying to direct another enthusiast in the right direction. You, my friend, are likely headed in the wrong direction.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

^kind of like if someone said "you should buy enron stock" awhile back...if everyone says "probably shouldn't do it", maybe there's a reason...

I understand and value your opinion. Yet, I have spoken with several people that have had Hennessey work on there cars with no issues at all and are very happy with the build (people that I personally know). Yes, I agree with you there were problems in the past with Hennessey and hopefully I will not have any issues with them. I respect other peoples opinion on varies matter, yet not everyone is right all the time. You may think what you like and I will do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by tom46818 View Post
    You don't understand "this forum" because we are not agreeing with you. Apparently, you started this thread only to be assauged and reassured on your choice - to the point where you're now defending the shop before even having any modifications done!

We are all enthusiasts. Which is why you have people going out of their way to give you advice (which you asked for) - even taking the time to do searches for you and providing the links to boot.

If we weren't enthusiasts, we wouldn't care about another Car Guy risking his ride and his cash on a shop with a widely known reputation within the performance community. Doesn't mean you're destined to failure - just that Hennessey is well-known for scamming his customers (some of whom may be dumb enough to not even realize it) and you're probably paying double for the opportunity to expose yourself to this risk.

Anyway, I honestly hope it all works out for you and that "New Management" is as dedicated to the company as you are.

This was my original post

"I'm sending my 2013 CTS-V down to Hennessey Performance for there HPE700 performance upgrade. Looking forward to getting her home!"

Now tell me how I am asking for your advice?

I was trying to be nice about this when I said I understand and value your opinion.

Started this thread due to my excitement and not for your or anyone else's opinions. I am allowed to have my own opinion just like you are! Enough has been said on this topic.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    You don't understand "this forum" because we are not agreeing with you. Apparently, you started this thread only to be assauged and reassured on your choice - to the point where you're now defending the shop before even having any modifications done!

We are all enthusiasts. Which is why you have people going out of their way to give you advice (which you asked for) - even taking the time to do searches for you and providing the links to boot.

If we weren't enthusiasts, we wouldn't care about another Car Guy risking his ride and his cash on a shop with a widely known reputation within the performance community. Doesn't mean you're destined to failure - just that Hennessey is well-known for scamming his customers (some of whom may be dumb enough to not even realize it) and you're probably paying double for the opportunity to expose yourself to this risk.

Anyway, I honestly hope it all works out for you and that "New Management" is as dedicated to the company as you are.

Oh, sorry - I just kind of assumed when people post shit on the internet, that they expect other anonymous strangers will chime in with opinions, feedback and nonspecific banter.

I did not realize that this thread had turned into a VIP event where only preferred members can post conciliating praises confirming what you already know: Hennessey is awesome, amazing, unparalleled and will triple the resale value of your formerly-mundane car with an adhesive sticker and name plate! Seriously, please post back when your car is returned on time, on budget, and with the appropriate amount of GM components under the body panels (I'm sure others would like the feedback). Just have the mods lock it down right after you post, so no hooligans can reply with silly unrelated fodder that would detract from your basking in the glow of awesomeness.

I admit, I was wrong: this was not a thread on advice so my apologies. The internet is serious f**king business, man!

(This guy just signed up with Hennessey)

For example, in April 2001, according to a detailed Internet posting, one eager buyer sent his Dodge Viper GTS, with a check for $122,500, to Hennessey Motorsports in Houston. The check was for converting his stock Viper into a Hennessey Venom 800 Twin Turbo, and it was supposed to be delivered in 12 weeks. Later, the buyer sent an additional $20,000 to pay for a further horsepower boost to 1000. But the owner didn't get the car back in 12 weeks. In fact, some 10 months later, in February 2002, no work had been done on the car-and worse, according to the buyer, several parts had been removed from his stock Viper and sold off! This owner has since filed a lawsuit against Hennessey seeking the return of his car, his $142,500, and the usual "punitive damages."

Another customer with a long-overdue Venom says he went armed with a video camera to confront John Hennessey at his Houston shop. Hennessey reportedly had the customer arrested for making "terroristic threats."

There is, of course, no place in the world where talk is cheaper than on an Internet message board, and a few lurid posts hardly constitute proof of wrongdoing. So I went to the Web site of the Houston Better Business Bureau (www.bbbhou.org) and searched for Hennessey Motorsports. The BBB reported 12 complaints filed against Hennessey in the past 36 months, of which seven were in the past year. Of the 12 complaints, only one was listed as resolved. To put this performance in context, I ran checks with the local BBBs of every participant in our Supercar Challenge. Just one other complaint turned up, against AutoThority, and it was described as "resolved."

Then I went to Dun & Bradstreet, the financial research firm, where for $117 I purchased a comprehensive report on Hennessey Motorsports. For comparison, I also purchased a report on the well-known Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. The report indicated that LPE was financially sound, with no liens, lawsuits, or judgments pending against it. In contrast, the Hennessey report revealed that courts have four times ruled against the company and that there are 10 lawsuits currently in various stages and three liens. The D&B report also provided a "Financial Stress National Percentile" rating, measured on a 1-to-100 scale, with 100 being the best possible score. Hennessey's company had a rating of one. (LPE had a 79.)
    this hearsay is from Car and Driver circa 2002 (which, is like forever in internet terms):
    http://www.caranddriver.com/columns/...s-they-can-run
    KlrV and KlrV like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.