Dyno results
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Dyno results in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Put my V on the dyno the first time this weekend. I'm very pleased with the results but will probably ...
    roo6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Dyno results

Put my V on the dyno the first time this weekend. I'm very pleased with the results but will probably go back and tune on it some more in the next week since I believe that hp should be the same or higher than torque on this setup and it needs more timing in the upper RPMs to do that (currently 20* max). IAT2's were were 115* at the end of the pull. Running Purple Ice and water in the heat exchanger during the pulls.

Mods:

E85
    Airaid CAI
    2.5 upper
    9.1 lower
    ID850 injectors

67* outside temp

dyno1.png

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Dyno results

HEY I'm from Lincoln! I had my 300 srt on the rollers at dunno sport last year. Great place. Where are you out of Omaha!? I need to hook up with some locals as I plan my mods! I actually live in Des Moines at the moment. Those are great numbers. Did they actually help you tune, or is that by your own hand?

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Damm good numbers for a car with no headers , cam or heads.

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    HEY I'm from Lincoln! I had my 300 srt on the rollers at dunno sport last year. Great place. Where are you out of Omaha!? I need to hook up with some locals as I plan my mods! I actually live in Des Moines at the moment. Those are great numbers. Did they actually help you tune, or is that by your own hand?

I'm in Lincoln. Dan at Dynosport did the tuning. He does a great job going through everything and making sure driveability is good and not just max power. He is pretty conservative on his tunes but that is what I wanted since I didn't want something bleeding edge that I was afraid to drive.

----------

The plan right now is to add in a few more degrees in the upper RPM band to see if we can get it around 660. Honestly the way this thing was responding to timing I have little doubt that'll be very hard to do. The more I got thinking about it today the more I though that if you could get 660hp out of it without much effort it would be kind of cool just to go for a nice round 700hp number so I ordered SW headers this afternoon for it

Hoping to hit 700whp with it without having to touch the cam, heads, larger throttle body, or port anything but we'll see if I run in to any issues. Fuel would be my biggest concern at this point. Fuel pressure was still pretty stable where it's at now but I don't know if that'll stay true the closer it gets to 700 on E85. May need to address that as well but I like to see the data showing that there is an issue before I go randomly buy stuff.

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Great numbers for those mods! Ya gotta love corn

Congrats on your new found power. Enjoy, it's really fun!

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

What did he do the tuning with as far as what I would need?

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Man I wish we had E85 by me. With 93 go juice, our choices are limited. However a Super chiller might be a good compromise to do the same thing by keeping the intake temps down.

2013CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013CTSV

Great results!!! Is this 100% E85? How does the cars stand up to its corrosiveness? Also how long have you been running E 85 and do you plan to run it as a daily fuel?

THanks!

BRendan

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    What did he do the tuning with as far as what I would need?
    You don't really need anything. He used HP Tuners on mine and I just paid for whatever the license cost to tune on the car.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2013CTSV View Post
    Great results!!! Is this 100% E85? How does the cars stand up to its corrosiveness? Also how long have you been running E 85 and do you plan to run it as a daily fuel?

THanks!

BRendan
    I just switched over so I can't really speak specifically on how well it holds up in the V. I don't foresee any issues with the corrosiveness but time will tell. There are a lot of guys around here with other cars that weren't specifically designed for E85 that have switched over to it and haven't had problems from corrosion. I will be using it as my daily fuel at least until late fall and then I'll switch back over to premium fuel since the car sits for longer periods of time during the winter and E85.

Quote Originally Posted by roo6.2 View Post
    You don't really need anything. He used HP Tuners on mine and I just paid for whatever the license cost to tune on the car.

----------

I just switched over so I can't really speak specifically on how well it holds up in the V. I don't foresee any issues with the corrosiveness but time will tell. There are a lot of guys around here with other cars that weren't specifically designed for E85 that have switched over to it and haven't had problems from corrosion. I will be using it as my daily fuel at least until late fall and then I'll switch back over to premium fuel since the car sits for longer periods of time during the winter and E85.
    Thats awesome to hear!! I assume the injectors need to be changed to accomodate for the more fuel necessary as I see you changed them. I have E-85 readily available and i'd love to run it on my V. Please if you would and know of any other upgrades necessary for E85 LMK. I assume the fuel pump is capable @ these power levels since I do not see you listing it as upgraded. Please let me know!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013CTSV View Post
    Thats awesome to hear!! I assume the injectors need to be changed to accomodate for the more fuel necessary as I see you changed them. I have E-85 readily available and i'd love to run it on my V. Please if you would and know of any other upgrades necessary for E85 LMK. I assume the fuel pump is capable @ these power levels since I do not see you listing it as upgraded. Please let me know!

Thank you.
    Yes, larger injectors will be needed to handle the E85 at those power levels. Stock fuel system is good and fuel pressure at these numbers. I'll keep monitoring it as we increase power to see at what point it needs to be addressed.

Nothing more than what I have listed was necessary. Technically the Airaid intake probably wasn't necessary but I have it.

I have drag radials too but that is just to get maximum fun out of the car

Quote Originally Posted by roo6.2 View Post
    Yes, larger injectors will be needed to handle the E85 at those power levels. Stock fuel system is good and fuel pressure at these numbers. I'll keep monitoring it as we increase power to see at what point it needs to be addressed.

Nothing more than what I have listed was necessary. Technically the Airaid intake probably wasn't necessary but I have it.

I have drag radials too but that is just to get maximum fun out of the car
    Awesome man, greatly appreciate the knowledge and input. Always fun diving into a different platform head first and learning about them. I will stay posted for future updates and see how your build progresses.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.