Cheapest way for nice sounding exhaust ? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Cheapest way for nice sounding exhaust ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Moparman4444 I'm sure there are many on the board who would like the same thing but didn't ...
    Prdnme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Re: Cheapest way for nice sounding exhaust ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    I'm sure there are many on the board who would like the same thing but didn't want to ask the question or at least phrase it the way you did, so don't feel bad.
    Oh man.....I would not be surprised if many from this board considered cutting holes in their exhaust to make it louder.

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

But... Have you ever considered cutting holes in the box? There might be a surprise!

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

i did a straight pipe mod. (muffler delete) for @ $250.00. (including aftermarket black powder coated tips). any local muffler shop can do it, just go in and ask questions before you assume anything... but i own the car, so i'm not sure if this is something you may want to consider... good luck.

Boosted2000si is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 CTSV

I wonder if you could reach into the muffler with an extension and hole saw and maybe drill a few holes on the inner baffles?

We used to do this on our CBR -RR bikes.

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The trouble with any muffler mod is that it will sound great from outside the car, and behind the car. but for the guy DRIVING the car, not so much. To really heat the exhaust, the driver needs to have cutouts UNDER the car (lots of drone though) or side exiting pipes (just not possible with this car as far as I can tell, at least not without looking ridiculous.) The racing V's have a hole in the rocker just in front of the rear tire for side exit. I wish there was some way to do that - to buy that rocker panel piece.
    The exhaust cutout option is not bad for a lease - have a muffler shop install the cutout, then you can remove the electric valve and just block off the cutout when you return the car. keep the expensive electric valve for your next ride.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.