Troubleshooting HELP NEEDED
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Troubleshooting HELP NEEDED in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys, Car made 606rwhp on 87, 638 on c16 in Florida. Car was bought built up there and dyno ...
    camslambam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Troubleshooting HELP NEEDED

Hey guys,

Car made 606rwhp on 87, 638 on c16 in Florida. Car was bought built up there and dyno tuned. I have dyno sheets.

Car finally arrived to Central America, where I live, and today we put it on a local dyno, which I know isn't VERY OFF because my 5th gen camaro was dyno'd on it (not today) and it made 630rwhp which is what it should make for its mods.

Anyway we put the V on the dyno and it only made 460rwhp!!! In 4th !!! In 3rd gear it made 426.... I was running c16 on my pump gas tune which I don't think explains why the car is so much lower than what it made in US. In the US the curve was steady too, none of this deto crap like on the pic I'm posting......

We did notice the tips of the exhaust were pretty white..... and on dyno smoke was coming from the engine bay..... Lots of noticeable smoke....

Pic of dyno curve... can see how nasty that curve is!

Anyone think of what I should start looking for... I really hope the car didn't lean out and I hurt something. CEL just came on when I got home too... I have HP tuner but am having difficulty installing it on my laptop and haven't been able to datalog just yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: Troubleshooting HELP NEEDED

How much was it driven before you got it? Could something have happened prior to you getting it but after the dyno runs in FL?

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Re: Troubleshooting HELP NEEDED

Who did the work in Florida? The people in Florida, did they take a video of the run? Did you see that video if they did? How long was it from the time they finished it in florida till the time you got it and then did your dyno run?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.