Will 2007 V Headers fit 2011 V?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Will 2007 V Headers fit 2011 V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I had a local friend try to sell me a set of headers from his 2007 Cadillac CTS-V and said ...
    Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Will 2007 V Headers fit 2011 V?

I had a local friend try to sell me a set of headers from his 2007 Cadillac CTS-V and said they were that same as for my 2011 Coupe. Assuming I go with a complete exhaust, Will 2007 headers fit in my car from a clearance stand point?

BTW Why are headers for an 2011 SS camaro around $200 and the Caddy $1000???? Basically the same engine minus the supercharger, isnt it ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444
    BTW Why are headers for an 2011 SS camaro around $200 and the Caddy $1000???? Basically the same engine minus the supercharger, isnt it ?
    You answered your own question, my friend. Marketing BS. Sorry I can't answer the first part from a factual standpoint but at first glance I say there's no way! Didn't the '07 cars have LS6s?

mannyz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS(Sold) Black 09 V

Re: Will 2007 V Headers fit 2011 V?

Nope won't work. 2007 Vs had LS2s.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Thanks guys, Thats what I suspected. I still don't understand why Camaro headers are so much less than Cadillac headers expecially when both are V8's and comperable configuration.

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    You never will. It's the same reason a catback exhaust for my buddy's Gallardo cost him almost 3K. They figure if you can play you can pay. Stupid, but fact.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

It's called the "Cadillac Tax", and it reflects our limited numbers compared to our Camaro cousins.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    I had a local friend try to sell me a set of headers from his 2007 Cadillac CTS-V and said they were that same as for my 2011 Coupe. Assuming I go with a complete exhaust, Will 2007 headers fit in my car from a clearance stand point?

I'd get new friends.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Its a matter of trial and error. If you are persistent then you need a fabrication section and anything is possible.

I would guess they are the same, HOWEVER, i would take measurements from under your car and compare it to his car, if they are close then yup, LS is LS, you can fit LS2 headers on a LS3, or LSA, you just have to make sure they are AT LEAST 1 7/8 to 3" collector. Dont waste your time with the 1 3/4 to 2.5" collector.

I have a set of headers for the 5.3 LMG Tahoe that will also fit the 6.2Ltr L92 escalade. One has cathedral intake ports the other square...They are both from the LS family and share the same exhaust port design...

My advice, try and install them, they fit you pay him, they dont you give him a beer for coming and helping out...

Akira is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    It's called the "Cadillac Tax", and it reflects our limited numbers compared to our Camaro cousins.
    I agree in addition to the fact that we pay for the luxurious name itself.

wetcoast is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    Thanks guys, Thats what I suspected. I still don't understand why Camaro headers are so much less than Cadillac headers expecially when both are V8's and comperable configuration.
    Check the materials used on those $200 Camaro headers. I bet they're carbon steel and not stainless like all the headers for the V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.