Boost not building sometimes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Boost not building sometimes in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys so sometimes my boost is not building. If my car is running well the boost gauge will read ...
    2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Boost not building sometimes

Hey guys so sometimes my boost is not building. If my car is running well the boost gauge will read 12 psi. I went out for a ride before and it wouldn't go above 5 psi. Any ideas? I have an automatic 2012 sedan with upper pulley tune thermostat and intake.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mikes2009V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV
    I just had the same issue with my 2009 MT with similar mods. Two possibilities I was told to look for were belt slip and also the boost bypass valve. Turns out it was a combination of both. To the left of the actuator on the bypass valve there is stop bracket with a set screw. If the bracket is not adjusted right or the set screw is in to far, the butterfly valve isn't completely closed and you are bleeding off boost. In my case the bracket was misaligned (should be straight up and down) and the butterfly was staying open. Also belt slip becomes an issue if you do not have an idler pulley which I will soon be adding. Hope that helps.

2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Boost not building sometimes

Thanks I'm bringing my car to my tuner this week. He mentioned it might be belt slip but has to take a look at the car. I will mention to him the issue you had with the boost bypass valve.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

It is going to be the bypass valve, just look and do the pvalve mod, it is the easiest.. It will still shut off boost while non full throttle, so you don't have to worry about anything. It will just not be able to pull boost anymore.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My 2009 is all stock , and the boost gauge only goes about 1/2 way. Is that normal?

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by the blur
    My 2009 is all stock , and the boost gauge only goes about 1/2 way. Is that normal?
    Stock boost is give or take 9 pounds on the unreliable stock gauge.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.