Fresh Red Painted Calipers, Brembo decal, ceramic pads and new tire setup.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By Moparman4444
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Fresh Red Painted Calipers, Brembo decal, ceramic pads and new tire setup. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Fresh Red Painted Calipers, Brembo decal, ceramic pads and new tire setup.

Ok so painting calipers really don't make the car perform better but they make others looking at the car think they do. lol.
    Last week I painted my calipers red with brush on G2 paint system. I added a Brembo decal when it was dry. The paint went on very nicely and self-leveled out to almost a perfect finish. I installed ceramic brake pads at the same time and cleaned the inside of the wheel, then coated them with a dust resisting wax and the girl is all ready for the summer.

You may also notice that I wrapped the stock wheel with 275x40x19" which are wider than the stock tire and taller by .7" . These high performance all-season tires were highly recommended by two different tech's at Discount tire. In my opinion they are just as sticky on the street as the PS2's, quieter, and about 15% more comfortable.

I also noticed that they take the edge off the potholes, expansion joints and rough Midwest roads. I like these much better than the stock PS2 for mid temp climate. They donít skip on the road in parking lots when cold and have better grip in cold weather. Don't flame me with comments about the difference in tires because I am just giving you the seat of my pants impressions w/o any imperial testing to compare the tires.

I just thought I would share my wheel and tire upgrades and let you know that 275x40x19 all around work out just fine with no computer issues or perceived negative effects.
    I also am going with 345x 30x18 in the rear for summer tires as soon as I can find a chrome wheel to match the front ones.
    Attached Images
    Naf, Naf, cblove and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

Re: Fresh Red Painted Calipers, Brembo decal, ceramic pads and new tire setup.

Beautifully done!

Mike

201Vwagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 V Wagon

Really nice job for a brush on paint. Looks great.

I'mAllIn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Nice work. It looks great!

The nice thing about G2 paint is that it "settles" smoothly to remove brush strokes.

Mike

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Yeah, calipers look awesome. It's something I wanted to do on my V. Not a fan of Falkens, though. And they look small on the back...

bigjimsho, good eye. The tires in the back are still the stock PS2's. I am going with 345x30x19 in the rear. Just didn't get them mounted yet. The front are proving to be real decent tires for the street. We don't get a lot of tristys in the midwest.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    bigjimsho, good eye. The tires in the back are still the stock PS2's. I am going with 345x30x19 in the rear. Just didn't get them mounted yet. The front are proving to be real decent tires for the street. We don't get a lot of tristys in the midwest.
    Find a nice old road along a meandering river somewhere. I used to do that and had a great ride!

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

I installed ceramic brake pads at the same time
    Do you have part numbers and where you got the pads?
    How do they perform compare to stock?

I got the ceramic pads from Brakewarehouse Part Numbers, PST-16-1405 front $75.00 and PST-16-1053 rears $67.00. So far I like them. Brake dust in way down, braking is slightly better than stock pads on freshly cut rotors, no grinding or squeeks, and no fade on the street. All in all, I would give them two thumbs up.100_0200.JPG

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Technically you can run them front and rear, and this would keep the diameter = on all 4.

Arca500 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    The red calipers look killer. I am wondering how the paint and the Brembo decal will hold up to the heat. Are you worried that they will fade, crack or flake off at all? Just wondering because I would like to do this to mine if it works. Otherwise ill drop the $$$ and get them powder coated. Please let us know if you get a chance. Thanks!!!

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

G3 paint indeed holds up well. It is made for this application. If you are putting on fresh rotors get the hat powdercoated prior to installation.

I looked at powder coating as well and found out that the calipers would have to be completely dismantld , coated, then reassembled. lots of money for just a color change. It has been 3 weeks and the color, and decals seem to be holding up just fine. The red also seams to repel dirt better than the stock ones. Just my 2 cents worth. Over all I really like the job. Besides, if you didn't like it, then you could strip the caliers and start over with a quick trip to the sand blaster.

I had red G2 painted calipers on my 2005 V for 4 years and now have 2 years on my yellow G2 painted 2011 V coupe calipers. Even occasionally using a pressure washer to get brake dust off the barrels, none of my calipers' paint has chipped or otherwise deteriorated. No color fading either.

My .02

Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.