Auto or manual which one you have - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Auto or manual which one you have in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by oneman42 How is this supposed to be properly done? For a reason I understood that is only ...
    Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Re: Auto or manual which one you have

Quote Originally Posted by oneman42 View Post
    How is this supposed to be properly done? For a reason I understood that is only for WOT.
    TIA,
    George
    Yes, must be set to Competition Mode and WOT only. I love it in my Z06!

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Red CTS-V View Post

Yes, must be set to Competition Mode and WOT only. I love it in my Z06!
    You can use it with everything off also. No nannies in my car unless its horrible weather.

sybersport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White Diamond CTS-V

I didn't read through all of the responses, so I don't know if this has been covered off or not... but here's my take.

I went with a manual tranny in my 2011 V, because I love being in control of the car and it's so much more fun to drive a manual. The manual tranny in the V is also one of the smoothest shifting I have ever experienced as well. It's a pleasure to drive.

However, I'll probably never beat the auto V's at the dragstrip since I can't do much better than a 2.0 60 foot on street tires, which bugs me... and there have been a number of times when I've been stuck in traffic and wished I didn't have to keep pushing the damn clutch pedal up and down.

I'm also stuck in a situation now where I have recently gotten married, and my wife can't (and doesn't want to) drive a manual. We have a 3-month old baby so it's either trade in the V for an auto tranny vehicle (like a 2014 Cherokee SRT), or get another car for the wife (which means another parking spot, more insurance, yada yada.)

So looking back, and it pains me to say this, I wish I would have gotten an auto. Sigh.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    People who won't drive manuals bug me...
    Chrispy and Chrispy like this.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I agree agree jim.

timg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 M6 Stealth Blue CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by sybersport View Post
    I'm also stuck in a situation now where I have recently gotten married, and my wife can't (and doesn't want to) drive a manual. We have a 3-month old baby so it's either trade in the V for an auto tranny vehicle (like a 2014 Cherokee SRT), or get another car for the wife (which means another parking spot, more insurance, yada yada.)

So looking back, and it pains me to say this, I wish I would have gotten an auto. Sigh.
    Or teach your wife how to drive a manual. Pawn it off by promising a European vacation at some point in the future and note that the vast majority of European rental cars are manual transmission cars. The autos are much more expensive.

Also, with a baby in the house, selling the CTS-V for a GC SRT8 is sure to cost a good deal of $$ whereas her learning how to drive a manual is free.

And if all else fails, the GC SRT8 is still an amazing vehicle to have to 'settle' for. I think every car guy needs a ridiculously fast SUV.

Tim

pVu
    pVu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SilVer Cts V

A6 and it's awesome...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.