Auto or manual which one you have - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Auto or manual which one you have in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Manual for me, it took me 3months to find one. I test drove both the auto and manual before buying. ...
    06CTS-nV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Auto or manual which one you have

Manual for me, it took me 3months to find one. I test drove both the auto and manual before buying. Surprisingly the auto wasn't bad to drive at all, but doesn't do it for me like the manual. IMO a car like this manual is the only way to go. Sure the auto is quicker off the line and at the track but from a roll that auto azz is mine

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by 06CTS-nV
    Manual for me, it took me 3months to find one. I test drove both the auto and manual before buying. Surprisingly the auto wasn't bad to drive at all, but doesn't do it for me like the manual. IMO a car like this manual is the only way to go. Sure the auto is quicker off the line and at the track but from a roll that auto azz is mine
    Automatic for me........ Just press and go!! No worries when crawling and sitting in very heavy traffic.. Can easily slap over to sport mode when feel the need to shift... My 2004 CTS-V was a six speed manual.. Hated the clutching in traffic, hill starts etc. Just my opinion.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post

Automatic for me........ Just press and go!! No worries when crawling and sitting in very heavy traffic.. Can easily slap over to sport mode when feel the need to shift... My 2004 CTS-V was a six speed manual.. Hated the clutching in traffic, hill starts etc. Just my opinion.
    Hill starts are a non-issue with the manual with electric e-brake. As for clutching in traffic, much less with the tq of the LSA...

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

I personally was really disappointed with an auto I test drove. It was a used sedan and it just felt unresponsive and disconnected. I really dislike torque converters but even the Porsche PDK doesn't do it for me. The manual is heaven though. Connected, fast, notchy...couldn't be happier.

How are you doing hill starts with the manual and electric ebrake? The electric ebrake is a low point for me.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I love my manual, but I burnt the clutch on a major hill. I didn't use the E-brake. I just do what I normally do, rolling backwards, and then releasing to go uphill. I couldn't believe the odor of the clutch. Stunk like hell. But nothing happened to it. Still shifts fine. Next time on a major hill, I will use the E brake.

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I personally was really disappointed with an auto I test drove. It was a used sedan and it just felt unresponsive and disconnected. I really dislike torque converters but even the Porsche PDK doesn't do it for me. The manual is heaven though. Connected, fast, notchy...couldn't be happier.

How are you doing hill starts with the manual and electric ebrake? The electric ebrake is a low point for me.
    Pull up on e-brake to engage. Take foot off brake. When it's time to go, just worry about clutch and gas. e-brake will release. It was designed to do this...

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Big Jim,

That does work. I never knew that, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    Big Jim,

That does work. I never knew that, thanks.
    No problem! It's also mentioned in the manual...

Tro Budden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan, thunder grey, 6speed

i never knew about that ebrake assist thing, i just use 3 peddles with 2 feet. not hard if you know what you're doing. 100000+km and no burnt clutch or problems, step ur foot game up fellas !

I know what I'm doing. Still used it...

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I know what I'm doing. Still used it...
    Me too. I've been driving a manual for 40 years. Heal toe around the race track. and I still burnt the clutch on a major hill.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Thanks for the ebrake heads up. Didn't know that til I read your answer and happened to drive off with the ebrake engaged. It just auto disengaged and I was off. I immediately thought 'Ohhhhhhhh, well that's not so bad...' I've read you can intermittently pull the switch while driving if you were doing an ebrake turn too. Now it's a bit more reasonable. I still like ripping a manually operated handle though.

oneman42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I've read you can intermittently pull the switch while driving if you were doing an ebrake turn too.
    Somebody else said it, is not me: all I can tell is that it does work - you can play with the clutch and totally forget about the acceleration up to the 2nd gear and about 15MPH if I am not mistaken, the car will adjust the RPM accordingly.
    HTH,
    George

Bubba Ho-Tep is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Manual!

The No-Lift-Shift is amazing!

oneman42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Ho-Tep View Post
    Manual!

The No-Lift-Shift is amazing!
    How is this supposed to be properly done? For a reason I understood that is only for WOT.
    TIA,
    George

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.