Hi new girl needs help 😉
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hi new girl needs help 😉 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi guys, sorry if i piss someone off by asking since im new to the v forum but as a ...
    lheimann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade
    Hi guys, sorry if i piss someone off by asking since im new to the v forum but as a long time cadillac owner i figured family would help me :-) I currently own 08 escalade, looking at buying '11 cts-v but it has some minor performance mods and can't seem to find anything in previous threads about them. Can someone tell me the pros and cons of these mods:
    KD innovations harmonic balancer 9.5" pulley
    Kook headers
    Kook mid pipes
    Corsa sport exhaust
    Airaid air intake

From what I have seen in previous threads looks like these are all racing mods but wondering if I'm not looking to have this as a track car and more of a bad ass sit pretty car... Should all these mods trigger to me that this car has been on courses? It states that it still has factory warranty but previous threads have told me LMAFO mods are not covered on power train warranty! Thanks to the "threw a rod" thread. Much learned there!
    Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Smokin80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Raven CTS V/Manual

Re: Hi new girl needs help 😉

if it has a 9.5 inch lower then it has a tune. Which almost always voids wty. Plus the dealer will notice the pulley and void the wty for sure.(well...almost for sure)

Doesnt mean the car has been tracked though. If you are looking for a daily driver and want wty i would stay away from that one. If you plan on doing some mods in the future to add power then this is likely a good start assuming whoever tuned it for the added boost knew what they were doing....

my .02

Thanks smokin80 not necessarily looking for daily driver just want to make sure it's a solid running machine. Will prob only get 5k a yr on it as I drive my truck most of the time but don't want to get into it and then a yr later throw a rod or have other problems because of these mods then end up coating me an arm and a leg to fix. I'm doing a side x side comparison with a stock 12 and this mod 11 and just wondering what route to go. I have a tad bit of a lead foot but not a race foot by any means and just wondering if the 556 hp vs 680hp is something that really is worth it to me. Do you know are those mods a higher quality? It's fsbo not dealer and he states all done by performance shops but who knows about what type of PS he uses
    Thanks (that was long winded sorry

V2 BRAWN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon white A-6

You might be better off looking for an unmodified car. I would want to know who did the tune and what is their reputation? 556HP is nothing to sneer at for a street car. It's only better than about 99% of the cars out there.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Headers are usually a 'big no no' for a dealer.
    lheimann and lheimann like this.

Didnt mean that 556 HP is not enough by any means, just meant that is the extra mods and the extra 124 HP worth the headache in the long run if I have no intentions on running this car on a course thats all. Im a mom with 2 kids, I think the HP is not the issue just more of the headache down the road. Thanks for your input.

staflyr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

Get the stock V. It's still a bad a$$ vehicle with no mods and there will be no debates about your factory warranty….just saying...

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by V2 BRAWN View Post
    You might be better off looking for an unmodified car. I would want to know who did the tune and what is their reputation? 556HP is nothing to sneer at for a street car. It's only better than about 99% of the cars out there.

+1

You have to blindly trust that the former owner was thorough and informed when he had the car tuned for serious mods (I count a pulley as serious). You also might wonder why the car was traded in - maybe the person moved on, maybe they drove the piss out of it and didn't want to risk future repairs. Simply put, there's far more amateur tuners out there than professional IMHO, and this is not a car I'd want someone learning how to tune on. IMHO, the odds are not in your favor - but it's anyone's guess and maybe it's a diamond.

There's NFW you will have powertrain warranty, so consider that a loss with any tuned/pullied car. I agree here - for your purposes, you're better off with a bone stock car or even a certified car, it will get plenty of attention (and be plenty of fun) in stock form. Just not worth the risk paying big money for a "who knows what?" modded car.

Thank you for everyone's opinion. You are all V owners so that's why I came here... as a future V owner ... With all of your advice I'm just going to get the stock model I was looking at thanks again for your opinions!

On another note... I know I want an exhaust.... Any opinions on which brand?.... I've read some good things about the corsca exhaust...

I suspect you will like the corsa touring or the stainless works. Both would fit the bill.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by lheimann View Post
    Thank you for everyone's opinion. You are all V owners so that's why I came here... as a future V owner ... With all of your advice I'm just going to get the stock model I was looking at thanks again for your opinions!

On another note... I know I want an exhaust.... Any opinions on which brand?.... I've read some good things about the corsca exhaust...
    If you check a few of my posts you'll see just how big a fan I am of Corsas. There are some soundclips I've put on as well. Quieter than stock at cruise, wails like crazy when you hit the fun pedal.

Welcome to the V!

Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    If you check a few of my posts you'll see just how big a fan I am of Corsas. There are some soundclips I've put on as well. Quieter than stock at cruise, wails like crazy when you hit the fun pedal.

Welcome to the V!
    Do you have the sports or the touring?

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin80 View Post
    Do you have the sports or the touring?
    Headers with race cats, x-pipe, supplemental resonators and Touring.

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

Keep the stock for a time and you may decide you don't need a new exhaust. I had a big-time car detailer work on my car and he thought I SURELY put an after-market exhaust on my stock car! He couldn't believe how good it sounded.

Mike

Thanks guys for all your help! I can say I'm officially a V owner. Bought a stock '11... Picking up Wednesday!

image-1485199599.jpg

image-989313663.jpg

image-1882845377.jpg

image-3576623398.jpg

image-2934018320.jpg

Now hopefully this little girl can run with the big guys
    Anyone know of any good performance shops near good 'ol omaha Nebraska?
    Lol don't laugh ... Looking good in the Midwest
    dqw1 and dqw1 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.