2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Need to make my final choice on MODS fast. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The car (2012 CTS-V coupe) is about to make its trip to LPE as I live just over 2 hours ...
The car (2012 CTS-V coupe) is about to make its trip to LPE as I live just over 2 hours away but this site has me second guessing my choice in modifications. As the car stands it has 2000 miles, Lowered, spacers, Airaid, Corsa Sport and is about to have the following done at LPE:
- 2.55 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley - powder coated black - 8 rib
- 8 rib serpentine belt
- Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator coupling
- Port and polish supercharger snout
- 160 degree thermostat
- Increased boost level 12 psi or 4 psi over stock
- Professional engine modifications, testing & PCM tuning
- Chassis dyno report before & after installation
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
- Lingenfelter certificate of authenticity
- Lingenfelter 1 year/ 12,000 mile warranty on added components
Now being on this site for about awhile I have gotten conceared about fuel delivery and have decided to add Id850's to the mix when they have the car. This is where I'm not sure what to do:
Option A: Stop where that is at (LPE 630) and be done. (Wife's car about 20mi round trip to work in NW Indiana and only really hot from mid July to mid August.)
Option B: Since I am adding Id850's should I just go ahead and step up to the 2.38 over 15PSI, add a Track Attack HX and idler pulley to the mix? the main concearn I have is I will not be messing with the manifolds, cats, or cam. Is this to much boost (2.38) with just Id850's and a HX? Any reliabilty concears pushing another 1.5-2lbs of boost?
So A, nice package and be done or do B, just a little more?
Please forgive the amateur question but what do you mean by correction??? Is it being corrected for altitude?
I am not an expert on this, but the Dyno has a correction factor used to adjust for altitude and tempature. When people quote their HP numbers they usually give the corrected number. I really don't know much more then that. Sorry
I was very surprised by the boost number too. On day 1 it did 15.5 and day 2 was 16lbs of boost. I will scan in my DYNO sheet