CTS-V Weight
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CTS-V Weight in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; For those who have weighed their cars, what does a 2013 Coupe weigh? Has anyone gone on a weight elimination ...
    abstruse1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

CTS-V Weight

For those who have weighed their cars, what does a 2013 Coupe weigh?

Has anyone gone on a weight elimination program (for their car)? What are main things to change or eliminate?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: CTS-V Weight

I believe the coupe is around 4200 lbs give or take.

There are a few threads if you search. Taking the back seats out are a significant savings, as would be the front passenger seat. Other than that, I suspect any major weight savings is a costly affair with premium parts and expensive materials.

Expensive wheels could save 20lbs.
    Expensive rotors could save 10-15 lbs.

I mean the car isn't a light weight two-seater race car, so its slightly out of character to try and turn it in to one. Its not unlike trying to turn a 4400 SRT8 sedan into a drag car; in other words out of character for the design of the car - there are better platforms for it. The car is already sinfully fast. Why not doing some simple mods, gain some HP, boost the cooling systems, and if you are going to track race, beef up the things that would take the most wear - I'm not one to give advice on that. I understand that losing some weight could improve the handling of the car, but it will be expensive and might ruin why the car was purchased in the first place, but that is just my opionion based on why I purchased mine!

----------

I believe the coupe is around 4200 lbs give or take.

There are a few threads if you search. Taking the back seats out are a significant savings, as would be the front passenger seat. Other than that, I suspect any major weight savings is a costly affair with premium parts and expensive materials.

Expensive wheels could save 20lbs.
    Expensive rotors could save 10-15 lbs.

I mean the car isn't a light weight two-seater race car, so its slightly out of character to try and turn it in to one. Its not unlike trying to turn a 4400 SRT8 sedan into a drag car; in other words out of character for the design of the car - there are better platforms for it. The car is already sinfully fast. Why not doing some simple mods, gain some HP, boost the cooling systems, and if you are going to track race, beef up the things that would take the most wear - I'm not one to give advice on that. I understand that losing some weight could improve the handling of the car, but it will be expensive and might ruin why the car was purchased in the first place, but that is just my opionion based on why I purchased mine!

Low_ET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto

Re: CTS-V Weight

My sedan weighs 4170 pounds empty (no gas, no driver). The Coupe is 30 to 35 pounds less based on other people's weights.

If you want to know what all the removable parts weigh, look here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-purposes.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.