New personal 1/4 mile best
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New personal 1/4 mile best in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Weather didn't look good but I slapped the new 19in MT's on and went for it. 1.68 60ft, 11.4 @ ...
    201Vwagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 V Wagon

New personal 1/4 mile best

Weather didn't look good but I slapped the new 19in MT's on and went for it. 1.68 60ft, 11.4 @ 123mph. I probably should have broken in the tires some but they are getting there now. Still had some wheel spin on launch and 1-2 shift but totally controllable and kept it to the floor. Definitely happy with the 19in DR's. And I have no issues with daily driving on them since putting them on Thursday. They look and fit nice too. Even got caught in the rain and didn't feel like I would go out of control or feel that it was unsafe. Drove like I normal would. Hopefully I can make it till fall/winter with these. See how it goes.

All my other runs were 1.70-1.72 60ft's 11.50-11.55. I was playing with tire pressures and different launching.

My race weight with me in the car with 3/4 tank of fuel is 4770, and these runs I was between 3/4 and 1/2 tank.
    Mod: 2.55 (max 12psi boost), ID850's, Lingenfelter Intake, D3 Lid Spacer, HPTuners for tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Great run.

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Re: New personal 1/4 mile best

1.6s is great, especially with some spin... Nice runs

KellyE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2012 CTS V Sedan Thundar Gray 2007 STS V Sedan

Nice!

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Excellent
    What tire pressure did you have on your best run?

201Vwagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 V Wagon

Thanks, the tires are breaking in real nice now. It was low 30's temps this morning and i was able to hammer it in my usual spots that i would just leave my mark behind.So far these tires are great. For years I've been always using the NT555R from the start of race season to winter and they have always worked great for me. But these MT's are even better. I don't do lots of daily driving with this car so I'm hoping to get a season out of them. If so, it would be great.

I run 32psi cold for normal driving. My best run was with 28psi. As my buddies kept telling me nah, lower those pressures, it just got worse. Tires were shiny after the first 2 runs. Also by my last run the TPMS was dinging like crazy going down the track and it didn't feel all that right. Display telling me to use the pump in the trunk. My logs seemed like nothing was going on but I slowed down to 117mph trap speed.

I was running real rich and made adjustments in the last 2 days and I'm on point now. Alls I did was add the D3 Lid spacer, did quick test logs and seemed ok but.......I have tuning OCD so I'll be logging till next track day and hopefully some better runs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.