Famoso Test And Tune April 13-14, So Cal.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Famoso Test And Tune April 13-14, So Cal. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm new to this forum, having purchased a new 2012 CTS V Coupe 6 Speed manual, in Jan 2013. There ...
    Trainman SRT-10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Coupe, 6M

Famoso Test And Tune April 13-14, So Cal.

I'm new to this forum, having purchased a new 2012 CTS V Coupe 6 Speed manual, in Jan 2013. There will be a two day test and tune at Famoso Raceway, just 20 miles north of Bakersfield, Ca. It is a great facility, the only 1/4 mile all concrete strip on the west coast. Track prep is usually first rate. I would like to meet other cadillacowners so maybe some of you socal owners can make the weekend. I will probably run on Sunday only, unless lots of people decide to show up. I know you will run a far better time than you ever ran at Fontana, the starting line is better and the DA is usually superior. Plenty of room in the clean pits. Hardly ever the long delays like at Fontana, no wrist band groups, etc. Run as many times as you want. The gates open at 7am each day, racing from 10am -5pm on Saturday, and 9am- 4pm on Sunday. If you show up for Saturday the price is $100 for the weekend, show up on Sunday and it is $60.00, that's the reason I will be there on Sunday, as I want to only run 1 day.....but I will keep a check on the weather and if Saturday is going to be better weather or a more favorable DA then I will show up for Saturday. I will be posting on the ZL1 forum at Camaro 5 as I have a couple of friends with some really strong Camaros. Hopefully there will be some Shelby GT500s to play with, there are usually some very fast 5.0 modified Mustangs. I will probably be there with my SRT-10 Ram also. Hope to meet some new people there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

UBNZO6D is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet, but working on one - 2 ZO6's

Re: Famoso Test And Tune April 13-14, So Cal.

I'm trying o get there Jerry...

Greg

Hi Greg, please try to make it, and if you get the drag radials, you should really consider installing a Hurst LineLoc. It will really make things easier on the ZL1's rear end for the burnouts.

I should tell you guys that a friend of mine SRTBrad will be there on Sunday shooting high quality video.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

How crowded is it typically?
    I was also thinking about a Friday night event.

Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    How crowded is it typically?
    I was also thinking about a Friday night event.
    Its usually pretty good, run as many times as you want. I typically only run 3 or 4 times , as I like to cool down an hour between runs.

Here is an example of the type of video that my friend Brad will be shooting, although he will not be able to put an in-car camera with everybody, but if you are there early I'm sure he might work with you. Post up here if you think you can make this event , so we can co-ordinate on Sunday morning. I also checked the weather and it will be 4 degrees cooler on Sunday. I will be running Sunday for sure, both my truck and the first runs on the CTS V.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...LpyhSawQI#t=0s

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

I really want to, but I'm off to Vegas on Sunday, and while I'll be back, my birthday is that weekend, and the family probably wants me around (plus I have a softball game on Sundays thru June).

I'm going to try to hit the May 17th street drags, if possible.

We've been thinking of trying to get a large group of V owners to come up from SoCal, meet up somewhere near Castiac, and caravan.

Havasusteve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 12 TG Sedan; SOLD

Maybe......I will be back from Texas on Thursday night. If I can get a hall pass, I would love to drive up on Sunday morning. I'll re-post as we get closer...

Great! Hope to see you there. Might be a nice little 9 mph tailwind on Sunday. Had a friend this weekend run a personal best. He has a 2012 Sedan (CTS V, A6) with a pulley (lower), Airaid CAI, Tune and drag radials. His previous best was 11.60 @120). Last Tuesday we went to RPM Motors in Santa Clarita and I introduced him to the owner Charlie (great guy, and very honest). After retuning ( gained 38 rwhp and 39 ftlbs), his new best this weekend at the street car nationals was an 11.39 @ 122!

Just checked the weather and it should be 7 degrees cooler tomorrow, come on some of you SoCal V's come on out and lets meet.

Havasusteve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 12 TG Sedan; SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman SRT-10 View Post
    Just checked the weather and it should be 7 degrees cooler tomorrow, come on some of you SoCal V's come on out and lets meet.
    Trainman,
    I was involved in an incident with a chunk of metal outside Las Creuces this week. I will not be attending tomorrow. Thanks for the invite.

Hope you and the car are OK. We'll meet up soon. Hope to get some good video for you guys. Any guesses on what I will turn with a pure stock 2012 CTS V Coupe, 6-speed manual? I will make at least a couple of passes on the street tires , but if there is no traction I won't beat on the car too much. There may be my buddy with a set of drag radials to borrow after I make a couple of passes, we'll see how it goes. I really feel that with some drag radials I can run in the high 11's. The CTS V feels as fast or faster than my SRT-10 Ram (which runs 11.60's - 11.70's @ 117-118 mph). Wish me luck.

Weather a little warmer than I had hoped. Made 5 passes today. I posted them in the timeslip section, but I will try to copy it here.

I'm new to this forum. Ran the CTS V Coupe today at Famoso Drag Strip (Bakersfield, Ca). Car is a new 2012 (bought in Jan 2013, 17 miles). Car is stock, 6-speed manual, stock tires , about 3500 miles now. Made 5 passes today

Run 1: 10:38 am, 68 degrees, DA 1507, 60' 2.142, 1/8th 8.188 @ 92.09, 1/4 Mile 12.415 @ 116.89.
    Run 2: 11:28 am, 69.1 degrees, DA 1599, 60' 2.059, 1/8th 8.135 @ 91.22, 1/4 Mile 12.379 @ 116.47.
    Run 3: 12:30 pm, 73 degrees, DA 1870, 60' 2.169, 1/8th 8.211 @ 92.21, 1/4 Mile 12.420 @ 117.16.
    Run 4: 2:25 pm, 78.1 degrees, DA 2241, 60' 2.044, 1/8th 8.132 @ 91.38, 1/4 Mile 12.386 @ 116.16. (getting warmer)
    Run 5: 2:46 pm, 78.1 degrees, DA 2241, 60' 2.034, 1/8th 8.170 @ 90.83, 1/4 Mile 12.439 @ 115.60. ( a little heatsoak, hot lap, they were about to close down the lanes.)

So best ET 12.379, best mph 117.16.

SrtBrad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.