Will a Water/Methenol Injection system work on my car?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Will a Water/Methenol Injection system work on my car? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I already have about 550rwhp and I wonder if I add an injection system to what I have, is it ...
    qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Will a Water/Methenol Injection system work on my car?

I already have about 550rwhp and I wonder if I add an injection system to what I have, is it going to give me more power? Also, will I have to retune? What are the negatives on
    a system? Appreciate any thoughts on this. Cecil............

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Re: Will a Water/Methenol Injection system work on my car?

I have the Alky system on mine & yes you will get extra power from it, and yes you will absolutely need a retune.

BTW, you want 100% meth & not the mix... The system I got is custom to our car & uses the windshield wiper reservoir to hold the meth. That will probably last over a month... I fill a 5 gal jug, maybe every 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by V locity View Post
    I have the Alky system on mine & yes you will get extra power from it, and yes you will absolutely need a retune.

BTW, you want 100% meth & not the mix... The system I got is custom to our car & uses the windshield wiper reservoir to hold the meth. That will probably last over a month... I fill a 5 gal jug, maybe every 3-4 months.
    What is the name of the company you are using and do you have an idea of how much extra hp and tq it will give? Cecil..........

Quote Originally Posted by qictrk View Post
    What is the name of the company you are using and do you have an idea of how much extra hp and tq it will give? Cecil..........
    "Alky Control" is the name. I picked up 25 rwhp pre boost injection. I'll be converting over to a mix with post boost & expect more power (say another 10-20) from the same system

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Julio Don is the man and his kit is found on about 80% or so of the turbo Buicks that use a meth system.

Thanks guys, I will look into both of them. What I hate is that I will have to spend the money to retune...........again. Cecil...............

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

The purpose of water/alcohol injection with a supercharged engine is to cool the intake mixture so you can pull more boost without detonation. The only reason alcohol was used in the injection fluid in WWII aircraft was to keep it from freezing at high altitudes. Water alone produces better cooling because it has a higher latent heat of vaporization than alcohol.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Quote Originally Posted by qictrk View Post
    Thanks guys, I will look into both of them. What I hate is that I will have to spend the money to retune...........again. Cecil...............
    Julio Don is ALKY... good guy!

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

I would not run 100% meth unless you are at the track. That is only my opinion but 100% meth is very flammable so if you have a minor leak in the vehicle then you risk burning it to the groud. Snow and alky recommend 25% water to dilute it down and eliminate any risk of fires.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Alcohol fires are particularly dangerous because the flames are invisible. if you see a pit crew member slapping himself on the chest he is signaling to everyone, I am on fire.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Yea, I was thinking the same thing too. But then I thought gasoline or E85 is very flammable too... The reason I went with 100% meth was to avoid the potential of corrosion

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I wouldnt use the Meth injection as a power adder. the main problem is when your supply runs out what is goin to stop the engine from excessive timing. and you will be leaner as well.

Use meth to cool the air and give you more natural timing and thus more power, so if your supply runs out you are not sacrificing your engine...

Log your IAT and see if it goes over 30c. If it does then you can add in meth and have it where it brings your IAT to 20c-25c. This way you are running in your sweet spot making the most power comfortably...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.