Opportunity for possible free labor, recommendations on how to use it?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Opportunity for possible free labor, recommendations on how to use it? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My dealer has offered to replace my SC at no charge due to rattle at idle and at low throttle. ...
    jb7952 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1974 Eldo conv., 2010 SRX, 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Opportunity for possible free labor, recommendations on how to use it?

My dealer has offered to replace my SC at no charge due to rattle at idle and at low throttle.

while I haven't yet discussed it with them, I suspect they would be willing to install some aftermarket parts in there as part of the replacement (if they're part of the SC replacement process). I can't do the 2.3 as the new SC will be a warrantly replacement, unless I want to eat the cost of the SC.

Assuming they're willing to go ahead, what parts would you guys recommend reaplcing/adding? The D3 spacer is the first thing that comes to mind, however I'm a bit skeptical of it. It seems a little like one of those Airaid throttle body spaces (gimmick). Admittedly, I don't specialize in fluid dynamics, but it seems - suspect.

I'm also thinking of doing either the 630 or 650 Lingenfelter kit, possibly at the same time. The 650 kit is twice as much money for only 20hp more. It seems that it's really only worth doing the 650 if you plan to do more than past that. Is it worth doing the 650 kit if i do exhaust as well, or am I just throwing away money if I'm not doing significantly more than that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: Opportunity for possible free labor, recommendations on how to use it?

I really doubt that they'll add non-GM parts since they'll have to warranty them then.

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    I really doubt that they'll add non-GM parts since they'll have to warranty them then.
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I really would like to keep the thread on part suggestions. If you have any suggestions for parts that can be switched out during the replacement on the blower, please let me know.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

No way a GM dealer will put non factory parts on, AND keep the warranty. If they do, don't post their name in here....cause they would be in a wee bit of trouble.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

I agree, a doubt the dealer would go for it as he would get in trouble.

however to answer your question, Probably just go with the 650 kit if they will do it.

If I was in control of the parts, I would be doing:
    2.55 upper
    cold air kit,
    tuning
    heat exchanger.

Betiwin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

So how bad is the stock V heat exchanger? Is still possible to have a 2.55 and not do the heat exchanger?

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I'm thinking of doing the exact same mods and will not track or race the car. I can't figure why I need a heat exchanger or plugs.

The heat exchanger is just to maintain your horsepower for longer. The more reserve fluid you have in the system the better to cool things off and maintain that temperature before it starts to climb, and then you start to loose power.

Stock one does good but the volume of fluid just isn't there, so there isn't much reserve. The larger exchangers just hold more volume allowing the rising and falling of temperatures to be slower and more stable.

IF you floor your car and go thru 5 gears and watch your iat2 temps, with a stock one they climb and keep climbing. With an aftermarket one, they climb a bit at first, then maintain or lower the temps.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post

however to answer your question, Probably just go with the 650 kit if they will do it.

2.55 upper
    cold air kit,
    tuning
    heat exchanger.
    I'm certainly not expectig that they're not going to do the entire 650 kit for free, but they might give me a discount if I do them at the same time as the warranty work. I've talked to the service manager about installing aftermarket parts and he's aftermarket friendly. I'm thinking of doing the 630 kit for now as I'm not sure (after reading your comments) that the injectors would provide any benefit to me at all until I at least upgrade the exhaust. I'd love to have you do the car if you weren't so far away.

To the earlier comment, of course I'm not expecting them to warranty aftermarket parts... Does that really even need to be said?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post

2.55 upper
    cold air kit,
    tuning
    heat exchanger.
    I tried PM'ing you, but your box is full

Could you put together a quote for the above and what I'd need to do regarding tuning?

kwilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Coupe
    So aside from them installing everything are they going to tune it also????

daowens is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Some dealers are ok with aftermarket parts such as an intake or exhaust. Did you ask them about changing pulleys?

Quote Originally Posted by daowens View Post
    Some dealers are ok with aftermarket parts such as an intake or exhaust. Did you ask them about changing pulleys?
    Multiple times. Even if I don't get the work done now, I'll likely have the dealer do most of it. They've taken great care of my and I have a great relationship with them.

They're not setup for a tune. Most likely I'll get a second ECU to have tuned and keep the original ECU stock, just in case.

TheDarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by jb7952

Most likely I'll get a second ECU to have tuned and keep the original ECU stock, just in case.
    Haha. Good luck with that......soon as you swap, they'll know as soon as you go in for service

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Haha. Good luck with that......soon as you swap, they'll know as soon as you go in for service
    This is correct to an extent, The Drivers side door module does record such events.

The only way to date that I know of to make things hidden is the way I am doing it. Still 4 years later and no one has had the warranty void from my tunes I made.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Haha... I'm not trying to fool anyone. I don't need to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.