CTS-V Brake Pad Data
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CTS-V Brake Pad Data in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    Low_ET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto

CTS-V Brake Pad Data

I searched through the forum and found bits and pieces of data on the brake pads etc. I thought I would put the data all in one place to be easy on future searchers. Here goes:

OEM Brake pads are supplied by AC Delco. The pads themselves are made in Italy by Ferodo for Brembo. When you buy the pads, the box says "AC Delco", "Brembo" and "Ferodo". The pads say "Brembo" on the back side.

GM Parts Numbers

Pads
    Front: 25940447
    Rear: 89047744

Rotors
    Front: 25851237
    Rear: 92245929

Front 6 Piston Calipers

Rear 4 Piston Calipers

Brembo Pad Numbers
    Front D1405
    Rear D1053 (FMSI numbers).

Rotors
    Front: 380x32 mm
    Rear: 373x28mm

AC Delco Pad Numbers (AC Delco is the original supplier of pads to Cadillac)
    Front 171-1040
    Rear 171-0882

Hawk Pads
    From Hawk Catalog:
    Front: HB649x.605 D1405 FMSI
    Rear: HB194x.570 D0592/D1053/D1270 FMSI
    x is the brake compound code
    HP Plus, Code “N”
    HPS, Code “F”
    Performance Ceramic, Code “Z”

Carbotech
    Front: CT1405
    Rear: CT1053
    1521Bobcat Street, Low Dust
    AX6 Aggressive Street, Track Day
    XP8 Race
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: CTS-V Brake Pad Data

The rotors, are they the 2 piece design, or the original 1 piece with the clicking problem ?

That is the original rotor part number. I don't know the new two-piece rotor part number.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

Does AC Delco supply the original Brembo pads or are the original equipment pads not even Brembo>

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Very useful thread, thanks for gathering this data.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post
    Does AC Delco supply the original Brembo pads or are the original equipment pads not even Brembo>
    I bought the AC Delco pads from Rock Auto. The box is labeled AC Delco. The pads are labeled "Brembo" by Ferodo.

AC Delco is listed as the OES (Original Equipment Supplier). It appears that AC Delco supplies Brembo pads to Cadillac.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Bumping an old thread, as this seemed a reasonable place to post this.

I just ordered some ACDelco pads from Rock Auto, part #17D1405M (Durastop Professional semi-metallics). The box also lists them as GM #19288002. GM Parts Direct shows them for ~$40 (list $76), while Rock Auto had them for ~$49. Obviously that's a different part number from the OEM part number (25940447) that Low_ET listed in the original post, and they're also a heckuva lot cheaper. I'm curious to see how they do for daily driver duty. (I'm also curious how many V2 owners have ever been offered this pad option rather than the more expensive stock pads. Having not actually installed and tested them, my hunch is that these are perfectly capable of handling the driving that most V2 owners do day-to-day.)

Interestingly enough, I discovered the '12+ Grand Cherokee SRT8 uses a variant of the same caliper as the V2. The caliper looks a little different, but uses the same FMSI D1405 pad shape. I've done some searching around and the OEM part number is 68144427AA. My searching turned up wildly varied pricing, from $172 @ factorychryslerparts.com to $317 at factorymoparparts.com and jeep-wholesale.com. I called the local dealer to confirm the part number and check pricing - he initially said the part number wasn't coming up as that, but then told me it was correct, and list price is $460 (very similar to the $450 list price of the 25940447 CTS-V pads). Based on that list price I'm guessing the $317 pricing that most sites show is correct, and that factorychryslerparts.com probably has them listed wrong. (Might be an opportunity to get some OEM pads for a huge discount.) And of course I know nothing about the Jeep parts - are they made by Ferodo for Brembo, like the V pads, or are they made by someone else? If they are made by Ferodo, are they the same compound as the V pads? I'm not inclined to spend the couple/few hundred bucks to find out, but maybe someone else will.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I went with the Wagner Perfect Stop, SEMI-METALLIC, and love them for tracks and daily use since they leave very little dirt. No longer do I have to change pads for the track. Maybe $60-ish for the fronts and $30-ish for the rears?

Lash L is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    I went with the Wagner Perfect Stop, SEMI-METALLIC, and love them for tracks and daily use since they leave very little dirt. No longer do I have to change pads for the track. Maybe $60-ish for the fronts and $30-ish for the rears?
    These sound great!
    Are they quiet?
    How hard have you used them on the track? Any fade? I love how the stock pads held up for me on the track and with multiple 160-0 stops.
    Any idea of how they wear compared to stock?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I just ordered some ACDelco pads from Rock Auto, part #17D1405M (Durastop Professional semi-metallics). The box also lists them as GM #19288002. GM Parts Direct shows them for ~$40 (list $76), while Rock Auto had them for ~$49. ... I'm curious to see how they do for daily driver duty.
    I've had the lower priced AC Delco pads on the car for a couple weeks now and I'm very happy with them. No noise at all, but they're way better than the Hawk HPS pads in both initial bite and overall stopping power. The only thing I can't comment on is how much dust they generate; my winter wheels are "hyperblack" Rotas, so they hide dust quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash L View Post
    I love how the stock pads held up for me on the track and with multiple 160-0 stops.
    Your laps will probably improve mightily if you don't come to a complete stop on track. You'll avoid pissing off the people out on track with you, too!
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lash L View Post
    These sound great!
    I love how the stock pads held up for me on the track and with multiple 160-0 stops.
    Any idea of how they wear compared to stock?
    If you like the stockers on the track, you should try some track pads. They can put you through the windshield if you are not careful

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

They are better than stock, since they are so clean. I leave them on all summer, and change to ceramics for the winter when I put my snows on. They have NO problem stopping from 140 down at Road America either. Where are you that they have a mile? straight where you can hit 160? I've never gotten any fade, noise, or nothing other than great stopping.

Umrswimr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

This is a timely post since I need new brake pads soon. I've not had good luck with aftermarket pads (on my C4 or C5)- they usually end up with poor bite and a soft pedal. However, the $450 list price for front pads (or $290 for GMPD) is a huge incentive to look at aftermarket. Any suggestions?
    My C5 now runs stock Z06 pads and EBC Yellows on the track.

09SRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Good info thanks !

Blakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts-v wagon
    Baabootoo: would you or could you run wagner pads(semi metalic) year round on street in cold weather -10C to -40C?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.