Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone with similar mods? trying to get a HP range where I should be?

12K views 77 replies 20 participants last post by  Stillborn 
#1 ·
I have a 2009 CTS V SEDAN AUTO. Previous Dyno was with a air raid CAI and conservative tune. I was at 475 RWHP on a mustang dyno. I ran an 11.7 on stock tires at 119.8 MPH with just a tune and air raid, so it's seems to be a strong car. My current set up is the following...

New era. CAI
Green long filter
Brake duct mod-Ram air directly into the air filter
Brand new stock blower, new everything, snout.
v hat, blower, etc...courtesy of the dealer to get rid of marbles.
LPE solid isolater
Kooks coated headers
Full kooks mid pipes with high performance cats
SLP loud mouth mufflers
2.35 upper pulley-13-14lbs of boost IM GUESSING.
Weapon X track attack HX
Dual catch cans
93 octane fuel

GOING IN FOR A FULL DYNO TUNE ON A DYNO JET MONDAY. What do you guys think the RWHP will be when my tune is complete? I'm looking for a range so I have something to just give me an idea.. Also, any chance with the new set up I could break into the 10.99 at the track. I was doing 11.77 to 11.91 all day last trip to the track on stock tires.

See less See more
#76 ·
I know I am close to my comfort limits on my stock injectors at 550whp, with my 2.55" upper and New Era CAI. I agree that you can sadly up pressure as we do with imports, but it's more of a band-aide than a fix. If it were so safe GM would have just left the same pump in the ZR1 also, or those with return style systems would just use FPU's to up their pressure to trick the injectors to more spray.

#77 ·
BAP's have been around for decades and were not started by the import car scene. I understand completely that boosting the fuel pressure is the not the 'ideal' way of going for a daily driven car and from GM's perspective it would be dumb because they have to plan for the worst possible idiot to be driving the car. The entire point of this debate was to show that there is more than one way to skin a cat and depending on your application and budget as well as intended future mods, going larger on injectors may not be necessary. I had 1250cc injectors on my last vehicle and chose not to boost the fuel pressure bc of its' specific application. If stillborn is running 90% IDC on his stock injectors at stock FP and making ~630bhp then it would follow that a 10% bump on fuel pressure voltage (well within the limits of the pump) would give him another 60hp on stock injectors. That 10% bump on voltage, only being applied at WOT and in the upper RPM band, is not going to break the pump. And that is the only point that w4m was trying to make from my viewpoint.

#78 ·
this should make it simple. we all agree that after 90% idc is reached, adding larger injectors would be the proper method of attaining more fuel, not adding more voltage draw to the stock pumps. a cai, and 2.5 upper (13psi) is the limit for stock injectors as the 90% wall is immediately hit, now if you add headers or more boost to that equation then injectors are needed. that was my entire point and there is nothing more to add.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.