Anyone with similar mods? trying to get a HP range where I should be? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Anyone with similar mods? trying to get a HP range where I should be? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; if he was then the dozens of top tuners would still be using stock injectors. 90% are all using id850's ...
    Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

Re: Anyone with similar mods? trying to get a HP range where I should be?

if he was then the dozens of top tuners would still be using stock injectors. 90% are all using id850's when making 14+psi. you cant re-write the script because you dont want to unlearn bad/false information. i think i made my point. enjoy the truth & beware the lies.

Wannago is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto

Either way, I'm glad I went with the ID850s. Small price to pay for peace of mind.

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Lot's of hostility but the fact is that this entire conversation is elementary level physics. Your fuel injectors provide a mass flow rate of a liquid into the combustion chamber. Mass flow rate is a combination of velocity, density and cross sectional area (m/s X kg/m^3 X m^2). Asssuming that your fluid is incompressible, good enough for liquids at these low pressures, then density is no longer a variable. All you have left is velocity and area. Velocity in this case is generated by the pressure differential between the fuel pump and combustion chamber. So, if you want more fuel you can increase pressure OR increase flow area OR both. Injector 'size' is the cross sectional flow area in this equation and velocity is equivalent to your fuel pressure in terms of linear relationship...this is why injectors are rated at a specific pressure. If you need to get more fuel in the combustion chamber to maintain your desired AFR then you can increase the fuel pressure alone to do so as long as the rest of the fuel system components can keep up (think KB BAP). If you get the point that the fuel pressure cannot be increased then you need larger injectors. Or if you would prefer to not increase the fuel pressure to place excess strain on the pump/etc then you need larger injectors. I guess what I don't understand here is that I did not see anyone stating what FP is needed to keep the stock injectors and support 600hp and can all the other components handle that without concern?

topend22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 607 RWHP 627 TQ 2013 SRX, 1998 Seville STS

Yes, the cars other components can handle every bit of 600 HP no problem. My car is done and if a monster. everything looks and sounds stock till you get on it and all hell breaks loose. She made 607 RWHP and 627 of Torque Un-Corrected. Corrected it made 585 RWHP and 606 Torque. 16 PSI of boost. Id runs just perfect. Love the new power. I hope I can do a 10.99 1/4. Before these mods I did 11.77 on stock tires. Yes, its an Automatic.

Maybe my post was not clear. I was asking if the other components in the fuel system were capable of supporting 600hp while maintaining stock injector size....in other words can the pump support the increase in pressure? What is the required voltage to reach this? What is the draw on the pump under high load at this voltage such that you won't be slowly burning out your pump? How accurate is the stock fpr above the intended operational range? Can all the fittings take the increased pressure? I have no doubts that the other components in the drivetrain can take 600hp. That was not my intent. I'm sure the gm engineers designed everything to a minimal 1.2 fos and probably closer to 1.5-2.0 for critical components. I'm not sure why you rattled off a bunch of timeslip information....I don't think this post is about measuring who has the longest... If that is where you want to go then I'm sure plenty of people on here can jump in and one up you...myself included with my 9.89 timeslip in my old car which was only a 2.0 liter.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownV View Post
    Maybe my post was not clear. I was asking if the other components in the fuel system were capable of supporting 600hp while maintaining stock injector size....in other words can the pump support the increase in pressure? What is the required voltage to reach this? What is the draw on the pump under high load at this voltage such that you won't be slowly burning out your pump? How accurate is the stock fpr above the intended operational range? Can all the fittings take the increased pressure? I have no doubts that the other components in the drivetrain can take 600hp. That was not my intent. I'm sure the gm engineers designed everything to a minimal 1.2 fos and probably closer to 1.5-2.0 for critical components. I'm not sure why you rattled off a bunch of timeslip information....I don't think this post is about measuring who has the longest... If that is where you want to go then I'm sure plenty of people on here can jump in and one up you...myself included with my 9.89 timeslip in my old car which was only a 2.0 liter.
    . I have no idea on the components you mentioned. Others have much more power without making those component changes since 2009 with no issues. I just was saying I hope I can get into the 10's that's all, no doubt there are plenty faster then I..

kwilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_maz
    . I have no idea on the components you mentioned. Others have much more power without making those component changes since 2009 with no issues. I just was saying I hope I can get into the 10's that's all, no doubt there are plenty faster then I..
    Mike,

Congratulations on the car!!!

Wannago is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto

Quote Originally Posted by mike_maz View Post
    Hey, it's your thread Mike; you cited a target ET in your first post and there is nothing wrong with posting a target ET in a subsequent post (even though I have a 9.88 timeslip in my old car that was only a 1.0 litre).

Congrats on the numbers.

I'm sorry...I guess I misunderstood the meat of the argument that was going on from post #3 to post #46 concerning fuel pressure vs. injector size where I saw a lot of 'he said' 'she said' 'my tuner said this' 'well my tuner said this' arguing where no one besides wait4me actually wanted to take the time to crunch the numbers and provide some useful information which is what the purpose of the forum is all about. Congrats on the car and I hope you can get into the 10's with it. Definitely going to want DRs though.

Guessing there was some miscommunication here since based on your last post you were only posting numbers and timeslip info as an update to your dyno tune rather than as a response to what I was asking in the previous post...which is what I took it as at first. In other words, sounded like you were trying to say 'shut up, my car is fast.' Apologies if that wasn't the case.

I am still curious to hear information about our fuel pumps though. Can someone chime in on what they can reliably support or is it just best to go off the manufacturer's data sheet? I am seeing guys run 700-750 bhp on the stock pump but curious how much that is overdriving the design.

Torxila is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9

Quote Originally Posted by mike_maz View Post
    No, I went with Bosh or Siemens I think. I left it up to my tuner on what ones he like to use. Not really sure exactly. He is a vet respectable LS tuner in Michigan. His name is Dr. Phil
    END OF STORY...PERIOD You made the right choice in chossing Phil. Glad you saw the light!

----------

MIKE clear your PM inbox buddy.

Just cleared, thanks..

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillborn View Post
    it's nice to watch mickey mouse squirm with his other worldly mindset. in reality you can NOT make smaller injectors flow more fuel no matter how much pressure you add. what a bozo. if that was the case they would make universal injectors adjusted with line pressure. but they dont, they come in flow sized increments. mickey mouse eat crow you "know-it all" cliff clavin.

i just went back to pg1 and how glorious it feels to be right. this thread should should have a trophy next to it instead of stars. lmao.

mike glad to see you are making good power, no need to feel any which way about this thread as you were in the learning curve,...
    mickey mouse should have know better but his ego runs his mouth. ego is the cock blocker of all wisdom.
    Funny how the last statement contradicts the rest of the post.

Just an observation...

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Funny how the last statement contradicts the rest of the post.

Just an observation...
    mike was open ended, mickey mouse aka w4m picked a fight, insulted my posts & was hell bent on being right...when in fact he was wrong.
    just my observation. there is only one winner in a factual argument and that winner was me. from the 1st
    post to the last, i stood my ground and emerged victorious. all else (opinions) are just semantics.

CTSV4now is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Sounds like Phil doesn't know how to alter fuel pressure in his tune, so he goes the larger injector route.

If the customer is happy, then it was a sucessful tune, regardless of the methods used to get the end result.

All this bickering makes me question if I need to get a more expensive car to avoid the childish behavior in this forum.

CTSV4now...amen

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.