Airaid before and after Dyno results
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Airaid before and after Dyno results in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The Airaid CIA works as good if not better than advertised. The install could be made easier, seems to be ...
    WINspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Airaid before and after Dyno results

The Airaid CIA works as good if not better than advertised. The install could be made easier, seems to be a lot of assembly that could be eliminated by building a one piece unit. But hey, It will give you something to do if you are board, and once assembled it fits nice. At places in the curve it was up over 30hp! 33 to be exact, and the conditions were much warmer today than the last time I dynoed the car. Over 500 at the wheels with only a Magnaflow exhaust and an Airaid CIA, no tune, bone stock otherwise! I'm planning on trying a ported throttle body next then a HX and a tune. I'm curious as to how far it will go without turning up the blower. Is 550 possible?
    ctsv2.jpg
    ctsv.jpg
    Attached Files

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

6speeder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Airaid before and after Dyno results

What was your A/F stock and with the airaid? I'm betting you are running leaner to make that much from a filter. Check your LTFT's. You will get a CEL if they are way off.

Also, it's best to show SAE corrected graphs, that pretty much eliminated the weather changes, gives a better "apples to apples" comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by 6speeder View Post
    What was your A/F stock and with the airaid? I'm betting you are running leaner to make that much from a filter. Check your LTFT's. You will get a CEL if they are way off.

Also, it's best to show SAE corrected graphs, that pretty much eliminated the weather changes, gives a better "apples to apples" comparison.
    My Dyno has the sniffer for the exhaust but with all the Cats on this thing it's not accurate. I've been driving it 80+ miles a day all week, and no CEL.

I don't agree with the SAE correction factor's. I've dynoed a few vehicles early morning before races, then Dynoed them on a buddies Mobile Dynojet at the track when it was 30 degrees warmer out, and SAE said they lost 40hp. but for some reason they ran within .05 and 1mph hour of their best. The uncorrected graphs are real close to a HP calculator's prediction for the track. Corrected SAE they are unpredictable, at least on my Dyno.

But I did look at it corrected, primarily because I knew somebody would say something, and the gain was 36hp. Which again, seems unrealistic. lol

Even with the cats if your A/F was changed by the CAI you'd see the change. What are your LTFT's?

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

How many miles on the vehicle?

The only time I see gains like this is, when the car has been using the stock airfilter and it was Dirty. Then you put on a Clean filter and get your horsepower gain you see. A true test is showing brand new stock filter vs the other...

silvergs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTSVEEEE

did you d/c the battery? i'm installing my airaid and ported tb this week and hope to have similar gains. how does it feel on the road? how would you rate the effect on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by 6speeder View Post
    Even with the cats if your A/F was changed by the CAI you'd see the change. What are your LTFT's?
    The AFR's may have changed but I didn't put the sniffer in the exhaust. I tried the sniffer when I baselined it stock and it said it was real lean, like 15:1 so I didn't bother this time. I don't have a way to tune it anyway. I'm kinda new to this, What is the LTFT's?

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    How many miles on the vehicle?

The only time I see gains like this is, when the car has been using the stock airfilter and it was Dirty. Then you put on a Clean filter and get your horsepower gain you see. A true test is showing brand new stock filter vs the other...
    The car has 61k on it. It was bought at a Cadillac dealer and figured they would have changed it, They had just done a 60k service, but I didn't look at it when I installed the CIA. I just pulled the box out. That's a good question, I'll look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by silvergs View Post
    did you d/c the battery? i'm installing my airaid and ported tb this week and hope to have similar gains. how does it feel on the road? how would you rate the effect on the car?
    Yes I disconnected the battery. It feels great, definitely a seat of the pants gain. It's as quiet as stock until you get on it, then the blower is a lot louder than stock. I like it, a great bang for the buck.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by WINspeed View Post
    I don't agree with the SAE correction factor's. I've dynoed a few vehicles early morning before races, then Dynoed them on a buddies Mobile Dynojet at the track when it was 30 degrees warmer out, and SAE said they lost 40hp. but for some reason they ran within .05 and 1mph hour of their best. The uncorrected graphs are real close to a HP calculator's prediction for the track. Corrected SAE they are unpredictable, at least on my Dyno
    I'm not sure that's an error with the SAE correction factors vs. a different dyno issue.

andrewzpsu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I did the before and after on my own dyno. I own a shop which shall not be named since I'm not a sponsor here. Went from 475 rwhp to 503 rwhp with no tuning. Airaid is the real deal.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

You guys are silly.

You cant gain more than what the restriction was...

Dirty filter would cause a restriction though, as that would cause more of a gain but really was not a gain with clean filter..

If you TAKE OFF THE WHOLE BOX ASSEMBLY AND HAVE NO AIR BOX AT ALL is going to be the best possible amount of horsepower that ANY airbox could EVER make.... As it would show the least amount of restriction.. On the airbox side of things, the less restricted it is, the more it will make, but have you ever looked inside that thing? They squeeze down the tube so it is smaller than stock.. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    You guys are silly.

You cant gain more than what the restriction was...

Dirty filter would cause a restriction though, as that would cause more of a gain but really was not a gain with clean filter..

If you TAKE OFF THE WHOLE BOX ASSEMBLY AND HAVE NO AIR BOX AT ALL is going to be the best possible amount of horsepower that ANY airbox could EVER make.... As it would show the least amount of restriction.. On the airbox side of things, the less restricted it is, the more it will make, but have you ever looked inside that thing? They squeeze down the tube so it is smaller than stock.. lol.
    That's true UNLESS the Airaid changed the A/F by misreading the air being fed into the engine. If it lets the engine run leaner at WOT it wil make more power.

Winspeed: long term fuel trims. If the airaid is misreading the amount of air the ltft's will get big as the computer (via the O2 sensors) adds fuel while cruising in closed loop to get the A/F back to 14.7:1. If the ltft's go too far from zero it'll set the CEL.

the godfaja is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V (Radiant Silver; Kooks Headers, CAI)

WINSpeed were you using the dry filter or oiled filter?

-Cody

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Did you drive the car about 50 miles prior to the dyno run? I understand it takes that long for the ECM to make adjustments to the higher air flow. I saw this frequently over on the Corvette Forum.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

So maybe the best bet is just take out the stock filter when drag racing and run nothing and then when done at the track put it back in.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Just by looking at the convoluted shape of the stock airbox compared to the Airaid, I would think the Airaid would have to make more power - sure "feels" that way!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.