Traction Control question - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Traction Control question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Trainman SRT-10 I talked to the people at D3 and he said the best way to drag ...
    Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Re: Traction Control question

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman SRT-10 View Post
    I talked to the people at D3 and he said the best way to drag race (for my purposes, M6) is to hold the button down and turn everything off, then leave the shocks in standard mode (not sport).
    Do you recall who told you that??

Trainman SRT-10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Coupe, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    Do you recall who told you that??
    No, sorry I don't. It was the first guy who answered the phone, and they have a CTS v that they race.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

the reason you want to leave your suspension settings in "touring mode" is for better rearward weight transfer when launching, increasing rear wheel traction. D3 probably recommends turning off the nannies to prevent the ECM from cutting power or timing if wheelslip is detected.

In my Z06 (similar, but still different) each independent brake caliper could be activated during traction control to keep the car orientated. ANY wheel slip and the power was markedly reduced in conjunction w/ braking to make you literally feel like you're being thrown forward (when you are mashing the pedal, this is definitely wierd).

I will add that modern traction control (stabilitrack, whatever) is rather advanced - only the most highly skilled professional drivers can come close to out-driving the competition mode settings, and even then the driver is often faster with traction control settings ON during a road course. Drag racing might vary due to the throttle reduction that often occurs with wheelspin.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2012/...gement-system/

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Here's mine at the TX2K13 in competitive mode for TC, Sport on the tranny, tour on the MR. I know she can do better. 1.65 60ft... Pulled the 10 sec GTR though...

Block is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS-V Sedan, '86 Grand National

I had my car almost completely sideways with TC off and stabilitrak fully on this afternoon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.