Corsa touring exhaust system
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Corsa touring exhaust system in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Has anyone installed a Corsa Touring exhaust on a 2011 CTS V Coupe? If so, how much louder is it ...
    samgar is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ctsv coupe 2011

Corsa touring exhaust system

Has anyone installed a Corsa Touring exhaust on a 2011 CTS V Coupe? If so, how much louder is it than stock and is there any drone or back firing going on? Thanks for any feed back.

Sam

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Re: Corsa touring exhaust system

I have the Touring on my '12 Coupe. No drone whatsoever at any speed. Only backfires slightly if coasting down a long hill while in gear - sounds great! Noticeably louder than stock but not too loud. A buddy installed the Sport version on his '11 Coupe and they were much louder than the Touring.

brent38 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    On my 2011 voupe I have the Corsa Touring exhaust and an Airraid intake, slightly louder at idle and wild crazy when you nail it!

Hello Brent:

You say wild and crazy when you nail it, does that mean it will sound loud inside the car. Also I thought the Corsa touring version was nver very loud.

Thanks for your input.

Sam

Samgar, at wide open throttle it is way louder than stock and for me very intoxicating. There are much louder out there such as the Corsa Sports but these work for me!

BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by samgar View Post
    Hello Brent:

You say wild and crazy when you nail it, does that mean it will sound loud inside the car. Also I thought the Corsa touring version was nver very loud.

Thanks for your input.

Sam
    I have touring on my 11 coupe with airaid CAI -- Do not really notice a difference in side car -- no drone -- much louder and throaty when behind the car. At WOT it does sound good -- but honestly from the inside not much different. Here is video of my car on the track so you can hear what it sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oMrNjnZp1NY

All of the Cadillacs have CAIs mine is the black coupe, the red coupe has a stock muffler -- do not not know what the red sedan has, but he is heavily modified, and the silver patriot missile -- well you can not compare to that incredible car.

Hello BigDog:

Thank you very much for sending me the video as it was helpful to hear that. From what I can tell, the Corsa touring exhaust is not all that loud and since there is no drone, there is a good chance that I will add it to my coupe. To me, loud is not a problem, however, it might be an issue for the Department of War ( Wife), I guess I can always give her a set of ear plugs or tell her to take a taxi!

Thanks again.

Sam

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The V is very well insulated. My exhaust sounds incredible outside, but unless my windows are down, I hear very little of what pedestrians enjoy...
    BigDog001 and BigDog001 like this.

BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe

Hello BigDog:

Thank you very much for sending me the video as it was helpful to hear that. From what I can tell, the Corsa touring exhaust is not all that loud and since there is no drone, there is a good chance that I will add it to my coupe. To me, loud is not a problem, however, it might be an issue for the Department of War ( Wife), I guess I can always give her a set of ear plugs or tell her to take a taxi!

Thanks again.

Sam
    Sam -- it is definitely louder for the people behind you -- but hardly noticeable from the driver seat ... even the windows down you will hear more as Jim has ... but the folks behind you get to hear it the most.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Can anyone tell me if the exhaust tips on the Corsa Touring or Sport look as good as those on the stock muffler.

Thanks,
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by samgar
    Can anyone tell me if the exhaust tips on the Corsa Touring or Sport look as good as those on the stock muffler.

Thanks,
    Sam
    The Corsa tips are about a 1/2 inch bigger and sit a bit lower than stock. They look great.

LeeH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

I ordered the touring from Lingenfelter, but they were out of stock for a few weeks, so I switched my order over to the sport. I installed them this weekend (easy install, only took 2 hours. I was a bit nervous about cutting the stock exhaust pipes, but it went well).
    I can barely hear the difference from the inside unless I open the windows, but once you open the windows - wow! I also got the Air Raid CAI, but I haven't installed it yet. Looking forward to the feeling the difference... Now I need a dyno tune.
    Any recommendations for tuners in the North New Jersey Area?
    My only gripe about the Corsa's is getting the alignment of the tips right. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get them correctly aligned, but there is still an 1/8" difference between the tip heights. I need to actually bend the hanger brackets a bit to get them perfect. I will save that for another day...

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Thanks,
    Sam
    I think they look just as good or better...

Thanks, those tips do look as good or better than the stock ones. The crystal red looks great, however I am partial since mine is the same color.

Sam

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    All crooked.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.