my dyno comparison: 9.55 lower v. 9.1 + 2.55
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, my dyno comparison: 9.55 lower v. 9.1 + 2.55 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; 2011 A6. Mods in both pulls (same dyno), spaced a few months apart, are stainless works headers and exhaust, new ...
    extrabolts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

my dyno comparison: 9.55 lower v. 9.1 + 2.55

2011 A6. Mods in both pulls (same dyno), spaced a few months apart, are stainless works headers and exhaust, new era intake, hennessey heat exchanger, TR6IX plugs, and a mildly ported snout. The lower numbers are with just a 9.55 lower, seeing about 12.5psi on the dyno. The higher numbers are with a 9.1 lower with a 2.5 upper, and reflowed injectors to 72lb. Everything else remained the same. The 9.1 + 2.55 setup pegs the boost gauge at 15psi, but the actual reading on the dyno was just over 17psi. IATs were in the 140s on the new setup, so next up I'll be addressing heat with an additional reservoir, heat exchanger pump, and coating the headers and intake. Nothing to worry too much about now headed into winter but definitely going to be pulling timing on warmer days.

Basically the car picked up roughly 55whp and 60wtq from 3000rpm through redline, with a peak increase of 62whp and 74wtq.

Thumbs up to Vengeance racing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brian in GA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "08 Escalade, 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: my dyno comparison: 9.55 lower v. 9.1 + 2.55

Try again on the picture, it may need to be reduced in size. There'll be a message at the top where you attach if it does not take it. You may have to delete past pictures to make room.

595 is within 4 hp of my car with comparable mods. Definitely shows consistency!
    Mine: 591 rwhp, 604 rwtq
    Yours: 595 rwhp, 602 rwtq

Now that I have the CAI and cutouts I'll go see Mike again to refine the tune and see where I land. I'm looking forward to our RACE!
    Should be a good one.

....and yes, thumbs up for Vengeance Racing !

Brian

there we go, had to convert to jpg

Brian in GA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "08 Escalade, 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I still don't see it.

BTW, you have headers, I don't. Only real difference that I see.

Well I don't know what is going on. It shows up in chrome for me but not internet explorer. The JPG says "moderated" so I don't know what that means. Here is the link that works in chrome:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...0&d=1350482090

dwbowen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2012 Coupe

dyno sheet.jpg
    Here's another 2012 A6 Coupe DynoJet pull, a few less mods. 9.55 lower pulley only, ported snout and ported 87mm throttle body, W4M heat exchanger, D3 radiator, 160 stat, 1.85 rockers, BB sport cat back, Airaid CAI, and a Jesse Bubb SCT tune. Runs 125 MPH @ 11.07 on drag radials. This pull was on a MAX105 octane tune with ~98 octane fuel, 603 hp and 587 torque, on 91 it made about 15 less HP and 10ft/lb less torque. I see 14 pounds boost all the time [no headers]. Oh! stock injectors, 11.3 to 1 air fuel ratio on every pull, no boost a pump either. I think with a touch more traction it's a 10 second car.

muohio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

How long did it take Vengeance to put on the upper?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.