CTS-V - track prep questions / track wheels, R-Compound tires & AIM data acquistion - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CTS-V - track prep questions / track wheels, R-Compound tires & AIM data acquistion in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by NAX-121 Here is a video of my buddy in his R8 at Sonoma a couple weeks back. ...
    spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by NAX-121
    Here is a video of my buddy in his R8 at Sonoma a couple weeks back. Im the red V he is chasing...! Needless to say even with really worn Hankook RS-3's and luck..lol...he never could catch me. Fun track and slick when warm. Good luck on the track guys

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9AskeXGSGk&feature=share&list=FLOmp0D0DTo 76vAPDavcXmfQ
    I love the R8 and that's a V8 model by the exhausts. Did he mod it at all? If not, it only makes 414-430hp depending on model year and weighs only a few hundred pounds less than the V. You should definitely stay in front of him.

cruiser68 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Re: CTS-V - track prep questions / track wheels, R-Compound tires & AIM data acquist

I play with a buddy in an R8 V10 on track days. When I was at 540 to the wheels, I could not pull from him. Now that I'm over 600 to the wheels, I can barely pull him. Even with the R8 in stock tires and me on track tires. Those things are beasts in stock form. One of the most planted cars I have followed on the track.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Re: CTS-V - track prep questions / track wheels, R-Compound tires & AIM data acquist

The V10 and the V8 R8 are different beasts. I love both versions and have driven both on track. The V10 is in another league.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

An R8 V10 is like buying 3 V's. For that price it should be a beast.

DBCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 Escalade, '13 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    FAIL. You didn't even tell us which BIR configuration you ran...
    Competition Course

I don't plan to track my Vagon again, so I'm selling my (pretty much brand new) PFC08 brake pads. Here's the link: http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...for-cts-v.html

So, I had fun tracking my V, but due to a lack of time, I won't be taking my V to the track anymore.

So, if anyone is looking for a killer set of barely used PFC08 brake pads, I've put mine up on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161074091404...witem=&vxp=mtr

soon to V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Outlet View Post
    Unfortunately there is no 27" OD available. we had to work with what the tire manufacture had to offer, There's definitely not a lot of options but the good news is that we have tested different tire and wheel set up at the track and We have had very good luck with these set up:

Sedan and Wagons
    Square Set Up:
    19x9.5 with 295/30R19 Toyo R888 all around ( we basically took the factory rears wheels and ran our D3 hub centric spacers and extended stud kit for offset correction)

Staggered Set Up:
    19x9 with 265/35R19 Hoosier R6
    19x9.5 with 295/30R19 Hoosier R6

Coupe
    19x9.5(sedan rear w/ D3 Spacer Kit) and 19x10 (factory coupe rears) 295/30R19 and 305/30R19 Toyo R888
    OK, I have my R6's per your recommendation above now (big thanks), before I run can you tell me what pressures I should start out at (cold) and change to over course of runs? I figure I shouldn't try to reinvent the wheel (...or "tire" in this case)!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.