Sway Bar Install
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Sway Bar Install in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; At first I wasn't going to bother with installing these after laying under the car and realizing that it's not ...
    201Vwagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 V Wagon

Sway Bar Install

At first I wasn't going to bother with installing these after laying under the car and realizing that it's not a easy 1-2-3 install. I got them for a real sweet price and was just going to flip them. Not like I'm going to play F1 driver, so why bother to install them. Now after doing the job and going out for a drive.....I am so glad I installed them. What a difference in the ride. I also have the D3 springs and it drove great but the swaybars just added that extra sweetness to the ride. I've added swaybars to other rides but never had this experience before. As you can see I am actually happy.

Now with the install pics you might see the D3 bar install and I explain how to remove the bar. I forgot to take pics while doing the install at times. I did the best I could with pics and explaining what is needed to be done. I'm not a computer guru and this took me more time then I thought or wanted to spend. So hopefully this helps out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Sway Bar Install

This is the rear Setup:

SecretWeapon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony

Outstanding write up. I plan on doing this next week and this has saved me a ton of time and aggravation for sure. Thank you for posting.

extrabolts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

excellent post, doing these at some point in the fall and definitely will have this printed out

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

So you bought the bars new or "used"?

Got the bars new never opened box.

I actually didn't do the install in that order nor did I know I had to do some of the things needed or I would have been more prepared. I would have used my Trans jack to lift the motor but it wasn't easily accessible so I used the piston setup. For those who are blessed with a lift....I hate you and your spoiled. Hehehe anything there is a question about that my pics don't cover just let me know.

larry arizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 10 V 4DR,6M,Blk,2.55,airaid,160t,W4M HX & tune Eibachs

Great write up, You also have more jacks than most people.....
    1stz06 and 1stz06 like this.

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Great write up 201. Definately a great resource for the DIY crowd. Seeing this makes me really wish there was a rear only option out there!

extrabolts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Smile Re: Sway Bar Install

How long did this take you for the front and the rear? I'm trying to decide whether to just have this done or to do it myself, so a real amount rather than the typical internet ("I did it in 10 minutes!") would be preferred

I did this all pretty blind. Spotty info. With all the WTF's, head scratching, damn that doesn't work etc fronts took me about 3hrs. A frustrating 3hrs. Rear was an hour but I took my time and tried to get the bar out without dropping the exhaust.

Skill level will really determine how long it will take to do the job.

With taking your time and using the above I would say give yourself a good 2 hours for the front.

With the above help and your use to taking stuff like that apart, the fronts should be 1-1.5hr and rear Hour or less.

V Wagon, just wondering - did you install the D3 links or use the factory links? If you used the factory links are you satisfied with the setup and the way it handles??

I used the factory end links. Front I used the furthest away hole or rear facing hole. On the rear I used the inner mounting hole. I'm usually dissappointed when doing sway bars because I never really feel the difference or it just doesn't make such a difference that I care. But I really enjoy my suspension now. It was good with just the D3 spring setup. But now it's great. Like I said I'm not planning to become the next Michael Schumacher and would have never purchased these because I never had a great experience with other rides and this mod. But I'm glad I did it now. Maybe it was all meant tobe so that I can post up some help.

I would be really surprised if someone did this setup and was disappointed. Even with a stock suspension spring setup.

Thanks for the input. Looking forward to my install. I will report back on how it goes and how it feels. Regards, Secret.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello 201,
    Great write up. We are so very glad you are enjoying these products. Your feedback to the community is extremely valuable and we would like to show our appreciation with a free D3 t-shirt. Can you please PM us your information and we will drop one in the mail for you.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.