MPG Check - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, MPG Check in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; You are the one who seems to be offended. I guess you must know more than everyone else claiming mpg ...
    rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    You are the one who seems to be offended. I guess you must know more than everyone else claiming mpg over 20. Let me bow down now because you have 37 years of experience lol. My simple brain can't complete basic math. Along with how many other owners who are clearly under qualified in the same area. Sorry but I'll trust the person who builds my parts..he also must not grasp the basic ability to figure out mpg either as he "claims" over 20 also.

shortshift is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The Emperor's new clothes syndrome. Sorry you lack comprehension. Nobody is getting 22 mpg at 80 in a modified ctsv. Bullshit. Go ahead and throw your stones. Tell me what all the other guys say because you have no information of your own. Just nonsense.

leigh1322 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6 D.I. FE-3 6M Red
    This really does boil down to simple physics. It only takes about 14 HP to overcome friction and move the car down the road at a steady 60 MPH. Using all 555 HP uses about 25-30 times as much gas. As a point of reference, my 08 CTS 3.6 6 manual does not get that much different MPG than the V I wish I had bought. 18.5 -19.0 mixed. Tops out at 24 MPG on 1000 mile trip. DIC will read up to 30 MPG instant, but a tank will never get close to that even on cruise c. nonstop for 300 miles.

----------

It's still a 4200 lb car. For the 1 or 2 MPG difference I wish I had bought the V. If the Gen 2 had been offered with the non supercharged motor.I would have bought that. The n/a smallblocks are more easily tuned for good criuse MPG than the supercharger ones.

----------

All the supercharged Vs seem to be down about 2mpg vs the Gen 1 n/ a V. The Gen 1 and the V6 are only about 1 MPG different city,and no different hey.

leigh1322 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6 D.I. FE-3 6M Red
    I have done a lot of driving in different cts's.
    The 3.0 auto tops out about 21 combined 28 hwy.
    3.6 auto drops about one each to 20/27
    3.6 man drops another 1 to 19/25
    V8 n/a drops another 2 to 17/23
    Supercharger drops another 2 to 15/21
    Every thing lower is right foot related.

----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by shortshift View Post
    The Emperor's new clothes syndrome. Sorry you lack comprehension. Nobody is getting 22 mpg at 80 in a modified ctsv. Bullshit. Go ahead and throw your stones. Tell me what all the other guys say because you have no information of your own. Just nonsense.
    Interesting... Comprehension..... What's my screen name? Hmm... I don't believe at any point I said ctsv.. So go head and " throw stones". Lol what are you doing right now? At any point have you said just a ctsv in any of your posts?? Did I say just a ctsv? (the answers are no, neither of us did)Or do you need to add information To what your saying to make it seem like your right when your wrong. let me now bow down. Now I'll be sure to tell everyone that mpg in ANY(maybe some capitalization and different keys words) v8 vehicle over 20 is impossible because the man on internet said so. Remember there isn't a single factor that affects any of this like vvt, afm, dod, dod delete, basic maintenance, or many other factors. Next you will tell me having bad tires, or the altitude has no effect on mpg. so many less knowledgeable people than yourself right and yet they are senior tuners, they own aftermarket companies, or work for speed shops. But I'll take your word for it. Maybe you will change what your saying again or "throw some more stones" then in your own little world you will be "car guru" again!

I'll just say it instead of trying poke the bear some more. So if your equation is right then your claim of modified cars getting over 20 mpg is nonsense in itself... Right? Vvt, dod, and afm might allow a modified car to get 20+ mpg? My foot not allowing the RPMs to reach over 2000 in my STSV might allow my modified car to get 20+mpg? With 37 years of experience it would seem like you of all people would realize that there are in fact other variables to a modified vehicle getting over 20+. My old truck got 20+..it was modified.

Sorry...thought this was a ctsv forum. I was never talking about anything else.

Blanket statement, you can not increase HP in any car and reduce fuel consumption at the same time. Period. Unlike your tuner business owners I am not selling anything.

Fact-you can not make more brake specific HP than baseline without adding fuel. Every modification discussed on this forum is intended to increase air flow which requires increased fuel flow.

I am sorry you can't understand that. Your ignorance of this is reflected in your posts.

They sell a fan blade you put in your air intake. I saw it in a magazine and they claim 20% mileage increase. And they own their own business so it must be true!

Next

Not sure how you guys are checking milage. My 6MT, at 75 with the A/C off and 65 degrees, best highway MPG I can verify is 19.1.
    I have trouble believing these other claims. And a modified car getting 20+ mpg is simple nonsense....
    There is a formula for air/fuel/hp potential and it can't be violated. These claims are nonsense.
    My 2 cents.
    The problem with morons like yourself is you are so busy throwing nonsense out of your own mouth you forget what you have already typed.. So keep changing what your saying and adding this and that Your still wrong. Your own lack of comprehension provides endless entertainment. Is there anything else you would like to add or subtract in an attempt to change your senseless original post? Next? Lmao

----------

How is the idea that anyone could get 1 mpg more than yourself is just so insane? Are you the best at everything? Lol. The problem is actually people like yourself claiming what you have claimed and expect everyone to believe you when you are wrong. So keep adding new variables till your right. Your a clown.

Also this is a Cadillac forum

best highway MPG I can verify is 19.1.
    I have trouble believing these other claims. And a modified car getting 20+ mpg is simple nonsense....
    So your reading skills aren't tested too much.
    A modified car getting 20+ mpg is simple nonsense. That's a lot of cars that fall into the range of modified. A cone filter or rear wing is modified to some people.. A g8 making 440whp is modified.. G8 making 500whp+ with d.o.d deleted .. Both making over 20mpg.. Nonsense? I think not. Just two example of why you are WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by rbzstsv View Post

So your reading skills aren't tested too much.
    A modified car getting 20+ mpg is simple nonsense. That's a lot of cars that fall into the range of modified. A cone filter or rear wing is modified to some people.. A g8 making 440whp is modified.. G8 making 500whp+ with d.o.d deleted .. Both making over 20mpg.. Nonsense? I think not. Just two example of why you are WRONG.
    Every one of my posts is in the gen 2 CTSV forum. Your accusations are all nonsense just like your claims.
    You can not make more HP and use less fuel. Is that a simple enough statement for you to comprehend?

Now instead of name calling cite an example of how you can increase HP without using more fuel.

Funny, you are the only one arguing against what apparently everyone else knows to be true. Sad..

Wow you can be shown what you typed in plain English. A modified car getting 20+ is nonsense. And yet you still are too weak minded to admit it.. Not once have I disagreed with anything but there are modified cars getting over 20 mpg. You can keep acting like you didn't post what you did all you want. It's right there in front of you. Be a man and own up to it. How much more black and white can this be for you to just wrap you head around what your original post was.. You can say ctsv all you want but let's go back to 6th grade... A modified car is different than saying modified ctsv, or modified Cadillac.. Neither of which you said. Round 2.. I brought up other cars i.e. mb, BMW, ect proving again we are talking about more than just the ctsv. But after you realized you were off base you made comments about this is ctsv forum, or I was only talking about the ctsv, then of course the throwing stones. Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rbzstsv View Post
    Wow you can be shown what you typed in plain English. A modified car getting 20+ is nonsense. And yet you still are too weak minded to admit it.. Not once have I disagreed with anything but there are modified cars getting over 20 mpg. You can keep acting like you didn't post what you did all you want. It's right there in front of you. Be a man and own up to it. How much more black and white can this be for you to just wrap you head around what your original post was.. You can say ctsv all you want but let's go back to 6th grade... A modified car is different than saying modified ctsv, or modified Cadillac.. Neither of which you said. Round 2.. I brought up other cars i.e. mb, BMW, ect proving again we are talking about more than just the ctsv. But after you realized you were off base you made comments about this is ctsv forum, or I was only talking about the ctsv, then of course the throwing stones. Get over yourself.
    No one has proven anything. This is where you fail to rise to a level of competence.
    Just because someone claims this or that doesn't prove it. Proof would be peer reviewed data showing a reduction of fuel consumption while simultaneously showing an increase in power.
    People have been claiming that for a long time yet it has never been documented.
    I've owned BMW and Cadillac "tunes" from the recognized tuners and never realized there claims. They always fall short.
    They are nonsense claims that gullible consumers, like you, continue to give life.
    Go back to your group of posers and slap each other on the back in celebration of your ignorance.
    I'm done listening to your ignorant rants.

Upset that you still are wrong? You cry about "throwing stones"( when you start it), you cry when everyone doesn't believe you(so you say everyone "claiming" over 20 mpg in ANY MODIFIED car is stupid), so then you attempt to say I said "only the ctsv"( bold face lie) and still you have done nothing but make claims by posting your copy n.pasted info. Great job! You still have not proved that modified cars dont get over 20mpg so instead you try n make claims that everyone else is foolish. Sorry I don't need to feel special like yourself by posting on this CADILLAC forum(not just ctsv). Why would any one getting into a deeper automotive conversation with someone who can't even own up to what they say... All you do is act ignorant to what you have already posted( the quote function doesn't even crack the surface of your thick skull), add new variables into the conversation that have nothing to do with the conversation started by your nonsense ORIGINAL post or proving anything other than you are childish and cannot conceptualize the FACT that people aren't just going to agree with you because you said so. Please ask someone to firmly pull downwards on your shoulders.. It's apparent an extreme lack of oxygen is affecting you on a fundamental level.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.