MPG Check - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, MPG Check in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; 1500 miles can't get it out all 11 miles per gallon. It's not the car , there is no consistency. ...
    Gary Veeeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV
    1500 miles can't get it out all 11 miles per gallon. It's not the car , there is no consistency. The car was purchased for us to enjoy . I like to bury the pedal to the floor and she drives around very short distances . Probably costing more to start it than the drive . Been great advertisement for our business small lettering and logo . People check out car then easy see our serviceb...

intherain is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None Yet

Re: MPG Check

Stock 2011 CTS-V 25k miles on it. 93 octane Austin to Dallas and back I got 19.2 at 65-85 average 70 Fully loaded trunk and 4 passengers.
    City absolutely sucks! 9.78 mpg 6 miles to work and back. Is it my foot or is there something else going on? Would a CAI, upper pulley and tune help?

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Highway average is about right, your city numbers are low but depend on your right foot and stoplights, etc.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by intherain View Post
    Stock 2011 CTS-V 25k miles on it. 93 octane Austin to Dallas and back I got 19.2 at 65-85 average 70 Fully loaded trunk and 4 passengers.
    City absolutely sucks! 9.78 mpg 6 miles to work and back. Is it my foot or is there something else going on? Would a CAI, upper pulley and tune help?
    Sir, you have nothing to brag about on the "City absolutely sucks" complaint.
    Around town, you are getting import miser MPG compared to what mine does after the Hennessey V700 install.
    I would put it to print but it would be way too embarrassing for me.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

I have over 3K miles on 2013 - my combined average city/highway is roughly 17.6mpg over the past 3 months and 1,000 miles of driving. I will say I am mostly city/suburban, and I love the smell of burning Michelins in the morning; so I'm pretty happy with that efficiency given my driving style.

I will say this, my wife (has a 3.6L wagon) is getting roughly the SAME fuel efficiency as I am, or around 18mpg combined, over several thousands of miles - and she has more highway driving and a much more tame style than I do with the V.

Hell, I traded in a Mazda CX-9 three row crossover with a V6 and it also has about the same in the 16-17mpg range.

So I'm getting the same effective MPG with twice the power, twice the performance, and four times the style!

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by intherain View Post
    I'm driving a highly modified car, but the city MPG isn't too far off from what I get--and I do my best to NOT get into it. If I get into it often, for any given tank of gas, the MPG PLUMMETS (this makes perfect sense--simple physics at some point).

Your highway MPG dwarfs mine...

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

09SRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Gas mileage sucks but i knew that when I bought it. I love the car and its acceleration to the next gas station !!!! Funny note last year while doing the V-Lab in Palm Beach I checked the average fuel mileage on one of the coupes I was driving in the autocross module and it said like 3 mpg, of course it was after it was being driven hard all day. Enjoy the car.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I got a little bit better gas mileage after some mods and a tune.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Its all in the foot. 14-15 in town only. I've never been below 14. With a trip or two a week longer distance I'm around 16. Highway 20-22 depending on speed, hills and winds.

mr weather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Did a highway road trip last weekend running 65 mph and averaged just under 22 mpg.

13bmx5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 V coupe 6mt

Mine has 1500 miles on it. It gets 1 highway/ 0 city. I have been averaging around 12ish with half city half highway driving. If you look at the instant mpg it will show 1mpg when on boost at high rpm.

carterb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS,DI gray,prem (sold); 2012 CTS-V sedan, gray, auto

I'm getting about 16 city and 21 highway average mpg at 75-80 mph. And that's with the auto trans ...

Knot-2-Smart is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Wagon

16.2 City / I get 24 MPG Highway. Around 7100 miles on it..

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    I'm getting about 14 combined. And that's 80% highway at 85mph and 20% suburban roads around 40-50 mph with traffic lights. My highway economy is about 17-18 at 85mph.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.