who is using the 10.5" Lower pulley?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, who is using the 10.5" Lower pulley? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; How does it fit? how much boost you getting?...
    FastMatt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

who is using the 10.5" Lower pulley?

How does it fit? how much boost you getting?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

killer67 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V, '09 Escalade

Re: who is using the 10.5" Lower pulley?

10.5" Never head of it

killer67 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V, '09 Escalade

10.5"? Never head of it - there is a 10" that could give you a range of boost options depending on your upper pulley size. What are you doing up top?

atcbrownie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cts-v

metco offers it as part of the combo with their innovators west balancer. says its 6.5 lbs of boost.

Quote Originally Posted by killer67 View Post
    10.5"? Never head of it - there is a 10" that could give you a range of boost options depending on your upper pulley size. What are you doing up top?
    Metco has a 10.5" pulley on there sight that is suppose to add 6.5psi of boost. I'm wanting to leave the stock upper pulley

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I used a 10 with my '09 at one time. I no longer have the car, but I had a time making room for the 10. 10.5.......ouch. Its going to be real tight with the different lines. I also used a 9.5
    with that car and found it much better as far as tuning and better control of the throttle. My advice, stay with a 9.5. Make other changes if you want more power. Cecil...........

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

i dont think a 10.5 would fit, it would hit the waterpump pulley. a 10 is pretty close to it.

Well I ordered it, Metco told me it fits no problem and "there are plenty of people running them". So I will let you all know when it get's here if it fits.

Salsbury1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Any more news on this?

WrapFactory is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I have the 10.5" on my car with the metco relocation kit (relocates idlers, etc). I've had it on for 7k miles or so now and seems great. Make 14-14.5psi, My upper pulley in stock. I can take some pics if you guys would like?

Thanks
    James

basa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

I'm doing my 10.5 pulley and custom cam this Sunday. The only think that will have to be moved for it is the ac line.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

What are the IAT2s with this? I'd also love to see a dyno run to see the torque curve, for my bet is that rwtq falls off a cliff at higher RPMs.

Doc GTO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Another member of the CTSV forum has it on his M6 car and makes 16psi with it. With my 2.38 upper I'm at 14psi as a comparison. He made 576 and I made 563rwhp. Same tuner and both DynoJets.

ClarkkentCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Thunder gray CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by Doc GTO View Post
    Another member of the CTSV forum has it on his M6 car and makes 16psi with it. With my 2.38 upper I'm at 14psi as a comparison. He made 576 and I made 563rwhp. Same tuner and both DynoJets.
    Assuming your car is an A6 your making more power at 14psi vs his 16psi. Manual cars have less drivetrain loss so should dyno about 8% higher than and automatic. So if your car was a manual you would be in the mid 580's. I know you both dynoed within two days of each other in identical weather conditions so I'm assuming your mods helped control your IAT2's better. Would love to see both vehicles data logs to see how much more efficient the cooling system works with upgrades.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkkentCTSV View Post
    Assuming your car is an A6 your making more power at 14psi vs his 16psi. Manual cars have less drivetrain loss so should dyno about 8% higher than and automatic. So if your car was a manual you would be in the mid 580's. I know you both dynoed within two days of each other in identical weather conditions so I'm assuming your mods helped control your IAT2's better. Would love to see both vehicles data logs to see how much more efficient the cooling system works with upgrades.
    Yeah, I'm along this line of thinking as well. I've gone through a buttload of combinations and it's easy to over-spin the blower on our cars in relation to the other parts on the car. You need to upgrade a lot of parts when spinning the blower really fast & tossing even a 10" lower pulley by itself probably has some concerns. A few guys in Texas (GForce, 21st Century Muscle Cars, etc.) really seem to have mastered overspinning the blower---I'd talk to them before embarking on such an aggressive strategy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.