Just released Intercooler Expansion Tank For The V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Just released Intercooler Expansion Tank For The V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; This is complete kit that adds 3 qt of water to system. The surge tank mounts to stock bracket out ...
    STS_Chiller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Just released Intercooler Expansion Tank For The V

This is complete kit that adds 3 qt of water to system. The surge tank mounts to stock bracket out of the way. The water tank mounts to inner fender well on passenger side behind bumper cover. These are manufactured by Vortech for there Super Chargers.

Kit comes with all the formed hoses, mounting bracket, hose clamps and hardware needed. We came up with this for an upgrade to Super Chiller Kit but believe it will work well with stock system as well. Surge tank has one line in high and one line out of bottom that should help filling system. Once installed looks nearly factory best of all its not aluminum so no insulation is needed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tbauer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTSV Sedan 651HP/644TQ
    This looks like what I was waiting for. Is there a link for more details, pictures, and instructions.

Re: Just released Intercooler Expansion Tank For The V

I’m sorry the only other pics on line show it with Super Chiller installation. Email or PM me for more info.

rbanshee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STS_Chiller
    I’m sorry the only other pics on line show it with Super Chiller installation. Email or PM me for more info.
    That is my car in the picture and I say this setup is a must have,working extremely well when using the superchiller or not.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    What are the benefits of this without the super chiller?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Chiller
    What is it with vendors not having more than a certain amount of pictures of products you guys sell? Camera broken? Too lazy to take more pics?

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

What's the delta in IATs versus stock with this system? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post

----------

What is it with vendors not having more than a certain amount of pictures of products you guys sell? Camera broken? Too lazy to take more pics?

Surge tank has one line in high and one line out of bottom that should help filling system. More water volume helps keep IAT temp down. No where near as well as with Super chiller but every one I have added a Super Chiller to and a larger tank states the larger tank helps even when AC is off.
    The CTS V doesn’t even have a Tank. The ZR1 comes with a hidden tank behind bumper cover to do just this but does not have a fill tank under hood same as CTS V.

rbanshee1 car has gone home his car has the Super Chiller installed so it was hard to take pictures of this installed without the Super chiller.
    I don’t see any benefit of additional pictures I show both tanks installed and a top view.

I would not call any one working 2 full time jobs Lazy

rbanshee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV

----------

I have a factory front mount heat exchanger, so with the extra capacity of antifreeze being cooled and stored,it seems to keep inter cooler temps lower longer at wot

Quote Originally Posted by rbanshee1 View Post
    I have a factory front mount heat exchanger, so with the extra capacity of antifreeze being cooled and stored,it seems to keep inter cooler temps lower longer at wot
    Its nice having that thermometer on Intercooler water isn’t it? Every one said 2 yrs ago “No One Cares What ICWT is They Just Want IAT” Yet everyone I have installed that Thermometer on finds it interesting keeping track of ICWT.

mtirc6z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Can the lower tank be installed without removing the front bumper cover?

I'm going to be doing a cam install shortly and at the same time add a larger HX, with the rad and everything else out of the car would it be easy to install your lower tank and not have to screw around with the body work?

Also, what's the price and availability? I'll need it within a 2-3 weeks if I'm going to get everything done at the same time.

Cheers, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by mtirc6z View Post
    Can the lower tank be installed without removing the front bumper cover?

I'm going to be doing a cam install shortly and at the same time add a larger HX, with the rad and everything else out of the car would it be easy to install your lower tank and not have to screw around with the body work?

What is your reservation going with a Super Chiller? Super Chiller will out perform any passive system and you won’t have to upgrade HX. Super Chiller is probably same price or cheaper.

Don’t you take bumper cover off for cam and HX? Radiator/Cooling module drops out bottom

Also, what's the price and availability? I'll need it within a 2-3 weeks if I'm going to get everything done at the same time.

Cheers, Paul.

What is your reservation going with a Super Chiller? Super Chiller will out perform any passive system and you won’t have to upgrade HX. Super Chiller is probably same price or cheaper.

Don’t you take bumper cover off for cam and HX? Radiator/Cooling module drops out bottom

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Chiller View Post

My appologies, I thought you were selling an "intercooler expansion tank for the V" since that was the title of this thread and what I was looking for, more capacity for my existing Katech HX system. Must say you did a good job of NOT answering a single one of the questions I asked.

Cheers, Paul.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by mtirc6z

My appologies, I thought you were selling an "intercooler expansion tank for the V" since that was the title of this thread and what I was looking for, more capacity for my existing Katech HX system. Must say you did a good job of NOT answering a single one of the questions I asked.

Cheers, Paul.
    Don't be so harsh. He works TWO jobs.

tbauer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTSV Sedan 651HP/644TQ

Idk I guess he could have answered his question differently. But either way the bumper removal is quite simple.

http://www.cadillacowners.com/forum/show...-Headlight-Mod

Sorry, apparently I cant link to the other site. It should have taken you the the other site where there is an excellent write up w/ pictures on the bumper removal process.

Quote Originally Posted by tbauer View Post
    Idk I guess he could have answered his question differently. But either way the bumber removal is quite simple.
    http://www.cadillacowners.com/forum/...-Headlight-Mod
    Thanks for the link...wish it worked for me. Also wish I could get the search function to work.

Regardless of the whole bumper removal question, availability and price could have been answered in the same amount of time it took to post a bunch of questions back to me and that ain't got anything to do with having two jobs.

Cheers, Paul.
    clubho and clubho like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.