B&B, Corsa Sport, or Borla?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, B&B, Corsa Sport, or Borla? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys I really want to order an exhaust by the end of the day. Which one of these exhausts ...
    2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

B&B, Corsa Sport, or Borla?

Hey guys I really want to order an exhaust by the end of the day. Which one of these exhausts is the best and why? I'm looking for sound and performance gains. Also, I dont want the exhaust too be obnoxiously loud and no drone. I could get the B&B for about 1150 shipped, do you guys think I could get the corsa sport or borla for cheaper?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Presence Distribution is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 09 V

Re: B&B, Corsa Sport, or Borla?

We can beat that price for the B&B, send me an email at: Bryce@PresenceDistribution.com

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

B&B is HORRIBLE. I had fitment issues galore. After pursuing them for months, Mike Boat POROMISED me a refund. I sent them the entire system after wasting about a grand trying to make it fit last December. They dodge my calls, won't respond to email, and haven't yet sent me a dime. Those guys are crooks and the system drones. Some here like them, I do not. Corsa for the win.

Oh, and I should add, one solution Mike suggested last year was "buying a header system from them that would make the exhaust fit". When I said "you guys don't even make one for my application, what are you talking about?!", he didn't even have an answer. I could go on and on. Anyone interested in B&B should think twice, big time.

Sorry for your troubles Rule12b, always disheartening to hear stories like this. We have many customers satisfied with their B&B, maybe it was an earlier system? Isolated incident?

Stainless Works also offers a great exhaust, the value of Corsa mufflers compared to a B&B or SW makes it a no brainer for the latter. Always subject to personal opinion, just speaking from market trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Presence Distribution View Post
    Sorry for your troubles Rule12b, always disheartening to hear stories like this. We have many customers satisfied with their B&B, maybe it was an earlier system? Isolated incident?

Stainless Works also offers a great exhaust, the value of Corsa mufflers compared to a B&B or SW makes it a no brainer for the latter. Always subject to personal opinion, just speaking from market trends.
    Mike confessed that they had "cut some corners" and had "fitment issues". Regardless of whether they've sorted it, Mike won't even respond to his vendor Paschale Performance that has also been seeking my promised refund on my behalf. Maybe something for you guys to keep in mind in your dealings with them. That system was a bona fide POS, although it pales in comparison to the people behind the product IMO. The worst weaseling I've ever heard or encountered in this industry.

I would stay in close contact with your vendor as I speak with Mike near daily for various customer orders, etc. Again, I wish you the best of luck in sorting out that transaction and would be glad to help you with any future purchases.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Get some headers and keep stock muffs.

tbauer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTSV Sedan 651HP/644TQ

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Get some headers and keep stock muffs.
    Agreed. I love the sound on mine!

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle

To be fair to the rest of the owners here, you should specify that the issues seem to be with the sedan kits.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    To be fair to the rest of the owners here, you should specify that the issues seem to be with the sedan kits.
    Why are there issues with the sedan kits? I have a sedan... Also, Rule 12b thanks for sharing I'm definitely going to think twice now. Anybody have B&B on their sedan and like the way it sounds? Is there really drone? If so, how bad? The system looks good and sounds good on the b&b website...

Havasusteve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 12 TG Sedan; SOLD

No disrespect to the Corsa systems. but just know that the Sport is LOUD, even with stock exhaust. What are your long term goals? Is there ANY chance you would end up with headers down the road? IF there is, I would encourage you to listen to a stock rear system with American Racing or Kooks headers....
    It is subtle at idle and low rpm, but is just BAD AZZ when you nail it. No drone HP gain would be negligible since by all standards, the stock system is a good system. If your ultimate plans are for big HP (approaching 700 RWHP), then you need to consider a wholesale change.

I have heard 12b's car. It has Kooks w/CATS (IIRC) to Corsa Sports. It is HOLY SHIT loud. It will make your butt pucker

Hope that helps
    Rule12b and Rule12b like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havasusteve View Post
    No disrespect to the Corsa systems. but just know that the Sport is LOUD, even with stock exhaust. What are your long term goals? Is there ANY chance you would end up with headers down the road? IF there is, I would encourage you to listen to a stock rear system with American Racing or Kooks headers....
    It is subtle at idle and low rpm, but is just BAD AZZ when you nail it. No drone HP gain would be negligible since by all standards, the stock system is a good system. If your ultimate plans are for big HP (approaching 700 RWHP), then you need to consider a wholesale change.

I have heard 12b's car. It has Kooks w/CATS (IIRC) to Corsa Sports. It is HOLY SHIT loud. It will make your butt pucker

Hope that helps
    Actually, mine is kooks to Corsa Touring, with supplemental resonators. It is loud, but mainly because I'm not shy about hitting the fun pedal, hard. Other people with the same set up tend to run quieter. Just my car's unique personality.

As for specifying that it is a sedan issue for the butt hurt out there. I cannot do so. Yes I have a sedan, but my negative experience is as much based on piss-poor dishonest customer service as it is a piss-poor product. Others have had similar problems. I didn't do my own survey to ascertain if it was coupe or sedan only. Coupes may be different, or may be not be. I'm speaking to the company, period. I thought I was clear. Coupe owners feel free to chime in.

As for drone, at freeway speed, 1900-2200 rpm, it is loud. Disruptive loud. I didn't realize just how bad it was until I got the Corsas which are stock quiet at freeway cruise but open up to wail when you punch it. The B&B just drones along. The B&B sounded decent under throttle, but the drone is invasive. The corsas are way quieter at cruise, and way louder at WOT.

Of course, the Corsa's fit perfectly, and the head of that company isn't a liar, coward, and a cheat.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Presence Distribution View Post
    I would stay in close contact with your vendor as I speak with Mike near daily for various customer orders, etc. Again, I wish you the best of luck in sorting out that transaction and would be glad to help you with any future purchases.
    To be honest, this quote alone only bolsters what I'm saying about that company when he won't respond to me (I've given up) or his vendor (Paschale Performance) who hasn't.

So after researching the forums it seems there are a lot of mixed reviews on the B&B exhaust system. Some say there is no drone while others say it is unbearable between 1800-2200 rpm? Some say that the B&B exhaust is fine on the coupe but it is the sedan that is the issue. I also heard there are problems with the exhaust tips moving from dead center when it goes from cold to hot. After watching some videos of the corsa sport I think that its going to be too loud. So if I go with corsa it will probably be with touring. I really have my mind set on the B&B but after hearing all these mixed reviews I dont know what to do. Maybe all the kinks have been worked out since 2009? Has the drone issue really been fixed? Do I take a chance and go with the B&B or be like everyone else and get the corsa? I have to research the borla a little further. These are all questions that I have to answer before deciding on an exhaust, more help from you guys is appreciated. And please if you had a bad experience and are just disgruntled about it, don't ruin my exhaust decision based on one screw up from the company. Thanks.

Check out the Stainless Works exhaust system, they have a number of youtube videos to give you a better idea of volume/note/overall system.

Q8 6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS/V

Ok let me tell you my experiance on ctsv exhaust if you don't mind.

I have a friend exact same v I have exept he has headers and stock mufflers gt9 cam his car sounds soooooooo F sexy at idle but as soon as he stepped on the gas all that cool mellow sexiness sound went out the window it was sooooo loud and pickup truck raspy it was horrible... = junk

Another guy with 11 coupe has headers and corsa omg all you hear is loud empty mettal can noise sounds like a V6 with a hole in his exhaust = junk

I have stock headers and Borla catback it is quiet when I wanted and lil loud when I want it.. I like how quiet it is when I go to weddings or official places or when people that don't apreciate cars ride with me. It's non conversation. when I feel like it I step on the gas and a beautiful rich deep mellow throbbing V8 will be heard just enough to say watch out. The richness of the sound is perfect for a high quality performance caddliac not too loud and not to quiet. Guess what both these guys above wanted to buy my catback...
    2012 CTS-V and 2012 CTS-V like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.