B&B, Corsa Sport, or Borla? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, B&B, Corsa Sport, or Borla? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I put a B&B system on my 2011 Sedan. A few comments: Pros - Great sound - throaty on start, ...
    sybersport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White Diamond CTS-V

Re: B&B, Corsa Sport, or Borla?

I put a B&B system on my 2011 Sedan. A few comments:

Pros
    - Great sound - throaty on start, at idle, and throughout the RPM band
    - Great look - I love the stainless mufflers and 4" tips
    - Decent price - I got them for sub $1K from Paschel Performance (sponsor on the board, I believe)

Cons
    - The passenger side pipe was rattling - it fit, but not until after a muffler shop cut ~1" of metal out of the pipe to align it properly
    - It drones - when I'm cruising, it makes alot of noise ~1800RPM (I actually like it - but it may be a con to some)

In the end, I went with the B&B because I listened to how each different brand sounded on the V (youtube videos - not the best way to listen, I know!) - and I thought the B&B sounded the best. I wasn't disappointed with the sound - it's killer.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I absolutely loved my B&B on my '04 V. I had the sport catback first then added B&B catless headers after. There was a mild drone from 1600-1800 rpm.

Honestly, I learned to drive around that rpm. It only drones at steady speed, not on accel. And on the V2, you spend less time in that range.

On my V1, the sound was the best I heard, bar none.

As for expansion, mine did expand about an inch from cold to hot. Not really a problem in my mind.

I love B&B but I think Stainless Works is right up there in sound comparisons...

Satin69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Has anyone tried the KPE? Sounds great in You Tube. Any one have clip of headers and stock muffs?

I am leaning towards Borla myself due to quality and subdued sound at low throttle. Any find the cat back below $2k for the coupe?

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    I'll have my B&B catback for my coupe by Wednesday, Thanks Bryce! I don't ever cruise at 2k. If I'm at 2k, I'm just visiting.

2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the B&B but am a little worried about the drone between 1800 and 2000 rpm. Hopefully it is just mild drone and I usually have my music up anyway.

Bufflex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Satin69 View Post
    Has anyone tried the KPE? Sounds great in You Tube. Any one have clip of headers and stock muffs?

I am leaning towards Borla myself due to quality and subdued sound at low throttle. Any find the cat back below $2k for the coupe?
    I have the KPE catback on my coupe, its too loud but it sounds great. However, the drone is just horrible and unbearable! Also it didn’t fit at the beginning, lots of cutting and welding had to be done in order to get it installed. I'm going to get rid of it and replace it with Borla because I had a good experience with them. My advice is stay away from KPE and choose any of the 3 brands mentioned in this thread. Btw anyone has Magnaflow on their V2?

That is great to know. Thanks for sharing. I am
    Going Borla myself then. Please post if you find a decent price.

Presence Distribution is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 09 V

Bufflex and Satin, have you considered the Stainless Works exhaust or B&B? We can definitely get you best pricing if you decide to go that route. As for Borla, let me know the best price you find and we'll try to match/beat it.

Bookinctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan
    Go CORSA!! I had a completely stock 2011 ctsv, the drone on the stock exhaust setup was little to none, then i added corsa axle backs (sport) and the drone completely went away, but its did get loud, it was the same loudness as stock up to about 3000rpms, especially inside the cabin, but after 3000 and a quick acceleration, the corsa screams, its the perfect setup, want a muscle car when you need it and a cadillac when you dont.
    Rule12b and Rule12b like this.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Here is a quick driveby, Kooks plus Corsa Touring, this is at WOT-ish, keep in mind, on the freeway at cruise and light throttle, it is as quiet or quieter than stock:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unHpgHGKYOQ

This is a longer clip. Toward the end, you'll hear my set up powering up to pass a porsche and then I'll come under the bridge open throttle to finish the vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lClMSG7iGzs

Rule your set up sounds awesome!

Presence- I have not heard great things about the BB. Is the SW full catback? One of the reasons I am thinking Borla is because it's a full cb for the coupe. Plus every review hypes the great cabin tone. Do you stock the coupe kit?
    Rule12b and Rule12b like this.

Presence Distribution is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 09 V

Stainless Works is a full catback, lead time is around 5 business days to ship out.

http://www.stainlessworks.net/produc...bo-system.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE0LnQ4vHwk

dwbowen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2012 Coupe

Hey Guys, just put a BB on my 2012 Coupe, quieter than stock with the X pipe model, deeper sound. Absolutely no drone on the freeway. Fit like a glove, I love it! GM should have used this cat back from BB.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by dwbowen
    Hey Guys, just put a BB on my 2012 Coupe, quieter than stock with the X pipe model, deeper sound. Absolutely no drone on the freeway. Fit like a glove, I love it! GM should have used this cat back from BB.
    Quieter than stock?

JoeS823 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I dunno about it being quiter than stock lol, I have the B&B cat back on my coupe and it's definitely not quieter than it was with the stock exhaust

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.