Heat Exchanger in Hot Climates? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Heat Exchanger in Hot Climates? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I beleive the Katech and the track attack might be the only two that bolt up like the stock Hx. ...
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I beleive the Katech and the track attack might be the only two that bolt up like the stock Hx. The Ktech is thinner but has more fins. The Track Attack is 2 1/2" thick and holds almost 3gallons.

kj217 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Q8 6.2 View Post

That is very interesting I see all my friends using it they said it works so I just copy them.

Are you Saudi can you come here ? there is a d3 radiator for sale cheap and other stuff I am not keeping this car or I would get them
    pm sent,,

Q8 6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS/V

Re: Heat Exchanger in Hot Climates?

Hey kj I know it's very hot these days in Saudi ill tell you here maybe it will help others I did this long time ago its been great help to the cooling ...It took 5 minutes try it.

If you remove the plastic cover on top of radiator look at rad there is big gap maybe one inch gap between rad and Ac condenser then there is another 1 inch gap between ac condenser and HX.. When the fan is pulling air I think a lot of air is pulled in from this gaps form on top of radiator bypassing the Heat exchangers and condenser..

All you do is get 5/8 heater hose cut to size put very little high temp rtv to hold it and push it a little in theses gaps blocking air from getting pulled it will close this gap so now air will only have one way to get pulled which is thru theses radiators only. This made big difference can't believe this car didn't come with this from the factory...

I have a picture to give u better idea

----------

Only push it down few mm

Hey kj I know it's very hot these days in Saudi ill tell you here maybe it will help others I did this long time ago its been great help to the cooling ...It took 5 minutes try it.

If you remove the plastic cover on top of radiator look at rad there is big gap maybe one inch gap between rad and Ac condenser then there is another 1 inch gap between ac condenser and HX.. When the fan is pulling air I think a lot of air is pulled in from this gaps form on top of radiator bypassing the Heat exchangers and condenser..

All you do is get 5/8 heater hose cut to size put very little high temp rtv to hold it and push it a little in theses gaps blocking air from getting pulled it will close this gap so now air will only have one way to get pulled which is thru theses radiators only. This made big difference can't believe this car didn't come with this from the factory...

I have a picture to give u better idea

----------

Only push it down few mm
    thanks for the great idea,, its blazing hot here,, i will make sure i do this when i install track attack hx i ordered last week,,

did you only filled the gaps from the top or all around?

please,, send me more pics of this and the rtv you used,,

Track attack very nice bro Please take foto when you install it before putting back the grill I want to compare to ketch...tks.

About this I only put in the top for ac condenser as the sides have very small gaps but very important for supercharger HX its got big gaps on all sides.. I forgot which rtv just get black color its not needed but will give extra traction

If you want to go extra mile cooling then ...hehehehe yes i know it never ends....you can add about 1 inch metal lip to all around the face of the hx so when you are at speed instead of the air hitting the hx and escaping to the sides it is trapped and pushed into the hx

Track attack very nice bro Please take foto when you install it before putting back the grill I want to compare to ketch...tks.

About this I only put in the top for ac condenser as the sides have very small gaps but very important for supercharger HX its got big gaps on all sides.. I forgot which rtv just get black color its not needed but will give extra traction

If you want to go extra mile cooling then ...hehehehe yes i know it never ends....you can add about 1 inch metal lip to all around the face of the hx so when you are at speed instead of the air hitting the hx and escaping to the sides it is trapped and pushed into the hx
    i like that too looool
    i need a cold country,,

I didn't get a picture of the track attack Hx befor the nose went back on. But I can tell you I talked with the track attack designer and he told me that the Katech and the Track Attack are made by the same manufacturer. The Track Attack is just thicker and about a half inch to inch taller.

----------

BTW when I was looking at it with the nose off there was very little gap. We even had to cut a bracket off and modify some others to fit it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    I didn't get a picture of the track attack Hx befor the nose went back on. But I can tell you I talked with the track attack designer and he told me that the Katech and the Track Attack are made by the same manufacturer. The Track Attack is just thicker and about a half inch to inch taller.

----------

BTW when I was looking at it with the nose off there was very little gap. We even had to cut a bracket off and modify some others to fit it in there.
    so how do you like its performance?

Wow so everything is the same except larger size... looks like the track attack is a better deal...

Quote Originally Posted by kj217 View Post

so how do you like its performance?
    It seems to work great. I need to look at it on a track day to really compare but as far as I can see I can't heat the car up enough to make it pull timing. And that's what I was looking for.

Went out and made several pulls today for about a half hour straight. Over and over couldn't get IAT2 over 134. 90ºF it relatively quickly came back down to low 120s. Even saw 118. I'm pleased with it. It works well with my Kooks headers.

Went out and made several pulls today for about a half hour straight. Over and over couldn't get IAT2 over 134. 90ºF it relatively quickly came back down to low 120s. Even saw 118. I'm pleased with it. It works well with my Kooks headers.
    i cant wait till i have it installed,,

Quote Originally Posted by kj217 View Post

i cant wait till i have it installed,,
    I'm told the key is to keep it under 140. Therfore it won't pull timing. You can get the super chiller. But I here that thing is a bitch to tune.

I'm told the key is to keep it under 140. Therfore it won't pull timing. You can get the super chiller. But I here that thing is a bitch to tune.
    what if you tune it not to pull timing over 140?

I believe that has potential cause damage.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.