Exhaust Comparison
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Exhaust Comparison in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't find anything on the topic. My new Coupe is disgustingly ...
    CSX4350 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Exhaust Comparison

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't find anything on the topic.

My new Coupe is disgustingly quiet, I know it's a Cadillac but it really needs some help. So, I've been looking at the Corsa & Magnaflow exhausts. I want a nice throaty exhaust but not obnoxiously loud. I have lots of loud cars, but this is my "classy" car. I want it loud enough to be able to use the exhaust to release the clutch in first and to hear my shift points, but at a highway cruise be nice and mellow.

One unknown is how well this car is insulated, so what's loud outside might be fine inside.

Corsa is already on top since there's no drone, but they've complicated selecting a system with the sport and touring exhausts. I had a Magnaflow system on my SRT8 Charger and liked it. It looks like the two systems are priced somewhat comparably, but I'm having a hard time with the fact that Corsa only gives an axle back system for the money where Magnaflow gives a cat-back system. I've listened to the sound clips on Youtube, but you can't get a decent idea of anything from those. I'd love some real world feedback on the systems. Also, since the Corsa is an axle back system, I assume you have to cut the original muffler off the exhaust pipes?

An even better option, anyone in the San Antonio to Austin area with one of these systems I might be able to listen to in person? With these systems over $1200 I don't want to buy one and not like the one I bought.

Thanks

John

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Exhaust Comparison

I bought the corsa sport exhaust for my coupe and couldn't be happier. It's quiet in the cabin, but has an aggressive once you smash the gas. It's the perfect balance between sporty and classy imo.
    I would have been really disappointed if I got the touring b/c the sport is just loud enough. Goodluck.

-Steve

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

I'd go Corsa over Magnaflow having owned both for different platforms. Stainless works has a nice full length option with full X pipe as well you should consider.

Bigron is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Borla also has a full system.

KVHOOKJ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the SW catback system and live in Houston

JoeS823 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I have the billy boat cat back exhaust on mine it's very quiet inside the car and not too loud on the outside, I'm very happy with it.

Presence Distribution is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 09 V

Have you considered a B&B or Stainless Works exhaust? We can set you up with a great deal for an exhaust. Just send us a pm or email and we will get you taken care of.

CSX4350 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

I currently have a Borla S-type on my Boss 302 and it's fantastic but a bit loud for this car. Then again I have the side pipes totally opened up too.

I had a Billy Boat system on my Z06 for two days and it was so obnoxiously loud I had to put the stock exhaust back on until I could get a different system. I don't know anything about Stainless Works, I've never heard their systems.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by Presence Distribution View Post
    Have you considered a B&B or Stainless Works exhaust? We can set you up with a great deal for an exhaust. Just send us a pm or email and we will get you taken care of.
    Bryce at Presence did a great job for me for my B&B cat back. I can't wait to get it.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Corsa Tourings on mine. Just a little louder than stock on the inside and noticeably louder on the outside. I was glad to get rid of that heavy stock muffler!

CTS-Vz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V
    Get the Corsa. First time you hear it you won't regret your choice.

Presence Distribution is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 09 V

We can get you setup with a Corsa exhaust too, just let us know and we will get you the best pricing.

BWhite58 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe 6M

I am also wavering between Corsa Touring or Sport .

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Please, you guys have it all wrong. Us established guys are running headers and stock mufflers. It's the best sound and most appropriate for a high class assassin...

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

The weight loss alone of losing the coupe's monstrosity of a muffler was worth changing the exhausts. It was like dragging a heavy rock around in your back pocket!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.