Anyone with experience using "Dash Command" software app. w/ OBD Diag. Interface Hard
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Anyone with experience using "Dash Command" software app. w/ OBD Diag. Interface Hard in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Any experience with this, or any other iphone appliction w/ OBD II WiFi interface? Ran into a guy on a ...
    Havasusteve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 12 TG Sedan; SOLD

Anyone with experience using "Dash Command" software app. w/ OBD Diag. Interface Hard

Any experience with this, or any other iphone appliction w/ OBD II WiFi interface?

Ran into a guy on a run yesterday with an E60 M5 who swears by it.

Thanks

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I use Torque on my Android and its pretty awesome...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Re: Anyone with experience using "Dash Command" software app. w/ OBD Diag. Interface

Thanks Big Jim...

Thats the problem, I have an iPhone. Torque is not available for it. The only app that is, costs $50 AND isnt Bluetooth compatible for an iphone.

A suggestion I got earlier was to buy a used android tablet for under a $100 and use the Torque App w/ a wireless hardware enabled device like an ELM 327.

This is the first time I have been stumpted using an iPhone.

Thanks again sir...

Low_ET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto

Re: Anyone with experience using "Dash Command" software app. w/ OBD Diag. Interface

DashCommand.jpg
    I use Dash Command on the track with my iPhone4. I made a simple mount for the dashboard so it is visible to my in-car camera. I alternate between the "Friction Circle" display and a digital readout of speed/throttle position/lateral g.

I use a PLX Kiwi to create the local Wi-Fi in my car for Dash Command to communicate with my OBD II port. The data changes a little slowly for my taste. I don't know if that is the fault of Dash Command or the speed of the OBD II port and Wi-Fi. I tried the iPhone app called, "Rev". It is very similar to Dash Command. I have not tried "Torque".

Thanks for your response. I have discovered the following;

Dash Command works with Android and iPhone apps. It cannot be used with Bluetooth via iPhone. It cost $50

With regards to Antroid applications, the Torque App is only available on it. It costs $2.99. It can be used in unison with an OBD II Diag. Interface device. I am 80% sure I am just going to purchase an Android tablet and the Torque app / hardware device listed above.

Thanks again

Steve

Mr. GoodCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Steve,

Have you looked at the obdlink mx from scantool.net? They claim a lot higher PID/s rate for torque when running multiple gauges than kiwi plx and others. Looking at this setup with a 7" android as well, but have not pulled the trigger.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GoodCad View Post
    Steve,

Have you looked at the obdlink mx from scantool.net? They claim a lot higher PID/s rate for torque when running multiple gauges than kiwi plx and others. Looking at this setup with a 7" android as well, but have not pulled the trigger.

Joe
    Joe,

No, cant say I have. I'll take a look today, Thanks!

dearjohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I hear you, I'm waiting for an iPhone version myself. Try signing up here - http://www.ollapp.com/app/torque-pro-obd-2-car/iphone.

CTS-Vz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Yes it does.

Mr. GoodCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Recently purchased Torque Pro, 7" Android Tab and the OBDLink Adapter to eliminate having to ride with a laptop to log and display additional gauges. All is great EXCEPT Torque is missing PID's for things like IAT2 and AFR (narrow - measured) etc. Not as good as I had hoped. Dash Command looked even less functional at a higher cost. If someone uses it with the V2 and has had better luck, please weigh in.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Raising the dead here, but I noticed that DashCommand doesn't have an AFR PID. Any way to get that PID working?

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

That is now my favorite phone app!!!!! Great find!

ExpatMedic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

DashBoss > DashCommand.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpatMedic
    DashBoss > DashCommand.
    Bluetooth only? No wifi? Boo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.