2009-2012 Cadillac CTS-V New Era Performance Cold Air Intake for sale!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 2009-2012 Cadillac CTS-V New Era Performance Cold Air Intake for sale!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm selling my 2012 Cadillac CTS-V cold air intake from New Era Performance. I had used the intake for 2,000 ...
    hcoll003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

2009-2012 Cadillac CTS-V New Era Performance Cold Air Intake for sale!!!

I'm selling my 2012 Cadillac CTS-V cold air intake from New Era Performance. I had used the intake for 2,000 miles and the powdercoat finish began to stain, so New Era Performance sent me a new intake tube. All the rubber grommets and necessary tools are included within the sale. It is suppose to give the Cadillac CTS-V 34rwhp and 28ft/lb rwtq.

These claims are true because it showed when I dynoed my car before the tune. Supposedly this intake generates 1 pound of boost, extra without a tune!

I'm asking $320 shipped to your door. I'm including the "New Era Performance Sticker" if you decide to put it on or not. This is your chance to save $100 with shipping to your home.

Check out my Camaro 5 thread for pics: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215575

If interested please email me at: hiramcollazo@yahoo.com

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Q8 6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS/V

Re: 2009-2012 Cadillac CTS-V New Era Performance Cold Air Intake for sale!!!

Here is a performance tip 4u bro. throw both these pos intakes in the garbage get ur self airraid cold air intake remove the plastic flap from behind the grill for a true cold air ram air short ram horse power maker.. I bet you $1 you will make more power and colder iat

gmdt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

what is the best CAI out there?

Quote Originally Posted by gmdt View Post
    what is the best CAI out there?
    That is a very good question,

Well there isn't best cold air system invented yet they are all below what this car needs so, just use common seance, don't get mettal as it will get very very hot and heat the air,look for plastic with shortest pipe posible so air don't have time to heat up and shorter air travel is les turbulent so you will get good maf reading and more air. So far the best air kit available is air raid but watch out if you have a pulley you will need a bigger filter as the air raid filter is lil small for this car.

Here is what I think the best cold air system should be.. It should be one pice plastic all the way from filter to TB it should have the shortest air travel from filter to TB stock location is perfect placement for the filter it should have large pipe at filter maybe 6 inch wide at filter then tapers down to TB size. See this pic will give you idea what I'm taking about its goddam gold mine that no one wants to ope n.

----------

SecretWeapon and SecretWeapon like this.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

You described my Carbon fiber intake to the T...

Ross L is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Pic and price would be nice. Q8, agree on the shortest intake possible, but IMO the material isn't "that" important. Afterall, once it hits the throttle body, everything from there on is metal. I don't think the extra one foot of thin wall tubing with air drawing through it at a high rate of speed will really transfer any heat. Just my opinion.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Q8 6.2 and Q8 6.2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross L View Post
    Pic and price would be nice. Q8, agree on the shortest intake possible, but IMO the material isn't "that" important. Afterall, once it hits the throttle body, everything from there on is metal. I don't think the extra one foot of thin wall tubing with air drawing through it at a high rate of speed will really transfer any heat. Just my opinion.
    its short travel from TB to inter cooler, makes a big difference what material u use. don't forget there is iat sensor in the cold air system when it detects hot air it will tell the computer to retard timing

Ross L is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Only sensor on my "ambiant air intake" is a mass air sensor.

SoonerSpeedFreak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V CRYSTAL RED, GREY, AUTO, ALL OPTIONS

I don't see them on your website? You wanna email me the information? Post it here? Or let me know how check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross L View Post
    Only sensor on my "ambiant air intake" is a mass air sensor.
    I think the iat sensor is built into the maf. This car has a plastic pipe from the factory it's calibrated for plastic temps so I see no need for hot mettal housing.
    I like the w4me carbon fiber intake it's prity light looks cool and cheaper shipping to here but looks like there is no heat sheld anyone have pics of it installed? I would like to try it and dyno it against the airaid

hcoll003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

BUMP/ Price Reduced: $310 shipped to your door
    This is an awesome performance intake that is proven to increase hp. Regardless if its stainless steel, it dissipates heat quiclky! What I like about this intake, it goes down lower into the engine bay and uses the foglight tunnel as a scoop to suck more air, which works to its advantage over airraid and the competition. I know many people don't like Hennessey but I do try to follow the CAI he uses on his cars because he puts in a lot of time and money into researching what design works best, which the New Era intake follows the same design but have TIG welded theirs. The only time you will need a fully built plastic or carbon fiber intake is if you're a daily track driver which requires a lot of acceleration and deceleration. I need to sell this intake so make me a reasonable offer, I promise you won't be dissapointed!

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Is The intake still avaliable? Is this new or used?

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

shorter isnt better. You want a good balance between high end hp and low end tq. Lets put it this way. If you use a straw for a spit ball does it go faster when the straw is short or long

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    shorter isnt better. You want a good balance between high end hp and low end tq. Lets put it this way. If you use a straw for a spit ball does it go faster when the straw is short or long
    What about drinking a milkshake? Which is faster then, long or short?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.