GM 2 piece front rotors 09-12 CTS-V - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, GM 2 piece front rotors 09-12 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I cannot find it anywhere but does Brembo make two piece rear rotors?...
    FbodyOwnr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: GM 2 piece front rotors 09-12 CTS-V

I cannot find it anywhere but does Brembo make two piece rear rotors?

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Yes. I have the two-piece rotors (and new OEM pads) all ready for install tomorrow.

I looked at the discs upon the arrival of the rotors and they have "Brembo" stamped on them. If you really want to see, I can take a few pics when I get home from work (late) tonight.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Yes. I have the two-piece rotors (and new OEM pads) all ready for install tomorrow.

I looked at the discs upon the arrival of the rotors and they have "Brembo" stamped on them. If you really want to see, I can take a few pics when I get home from work (late) tonight.
    The reason these are half cost is because;
    1) GM now has a supply contract with brembo
    2) Since it's in the parts system, it's now subject to discounts similar to any other part you can get.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

peso611 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Platinum & 2012 CTS V Wagon Black Diamond

I forwarded the bulletin to my dealer and I am getting mine installed today.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
    They lighted the center section to compensate for the added metal in vanes but the overall weight is about the same.
    Please describe center section. Are the rotor plates (friction surface) the same thickness as the OEM one pc rotors, or are they thicker?

Hopefully they are as thick or thicker than the OEM 1pc rotors. Can someone measure and post the thickness of the rotor plates from a new set. Thanks

Notice the structural failure of aftermarket 2pc rotors with excellent cooling capabilities but either poor casting, poor casting design, poor metalurgy, wrong application or possibly all of the above. (the second picture is oem rotor)

That was an expensive experiment!
    Attached Images
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

speedingrisk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Please describe center section. Are the rotor plates (friction surface) the same thickness as the OEM one pc rotors, or are they thicker?

Hopefully they are as thick or thicker than the OEM 1pc rotors. Can someone measure and post the thickness of the rotor plates from a new set. Thanks

Notice the structural failure of aftermarket 2pc rotors with excellent cooling capabilities but either poor casting, poor casting design, poor metalurgy, wrong application or possibly all of the above. (the second picture is oem rotor)

That was an expensive experiment!
    Not to side track much, but did you fabricate those cooling hoses and mounting plates or did you buy them for somewhere? Any issues with rubbing on the inside edge?

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by speedingrisk View Post
    Not to side track much, but did you fabricate those cooling hoses and mounting plates or did you buy them for somewhere? Any issues with rubbing on the inside edge?
    I fabbed them up using some .063" alum, took some re-positioning and clearancing of the inner fender liners to get them in without rubbing. Actually had too much cooling for road course with long straights.

peso611 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Platinum & 2012 CTS V Wagon Black Diamond

I had mine installed by the dealer under warranty and the clicking has stopped.

GTO
    GTO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Luke, what would be the full price on these for both pairs, front and rear? Would like to make a purchase ASAP.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay Cadillac Parts View Post
    GM has started selling the Brembo 2 piece rotors. this is significant because the price has come down alot from when I was buying them directly from Brembo! a pair will run $685.00 (discounted forum price) plus a little shipping. call me at 703-647-8670 M-F 730-4 Eastern to get a pair on order.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

$895.00 gets you front 2 piece and rear solids (all 4) plus shipping. parts are in stock
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

soon to V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Thanks for getting these to me for this weekend Luke.

For those interested, I weighed both. Old came off at 23.5 pounds. New 2 piece came in at 27 pounds! Yikes. That's a lot of unsprung load. Hope its worth it. Will try it tomorrow at Gingerman. Running some new Hawk DTC60 Track pads. We'll see how it all works. Was throwing sparks last night as I was bedding them in at night. Pretty cool show! Never expected that! Also running my new D3 Competition Suspension (Springs, Bars, and Spacers). Love the look big time. Street ride is great too! Now for the track!

V2VDesigns.net

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by soon to V View Post
    Thanks for getting these to me for this weekend Luke.

For those interested, I weighed both. Old came off at 23.5 pounds. New 2 piece came in at 27 pounds! Yikes. That's a lot of unsprung load. Hope its worth it. Will try it tomorrow at Gingerman. Running some new Hawk DTC60 Track pads. We'll see how it all works. Was throwing sparks last night as I was bedding them in at night. Pretty cool show! Never expected that! Also running my new D3 Competition Suspension (Springs, Bars, and Spacers). Love the look big time. Street ride is great too! Now for the track!

V2VDesigns.net
    Will you be at Gingerman in July for the Motorstate event? I will and go every year since it's fun.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Rock auto has them.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by soon to V View Post
    Also running my new D3 Competition Suspension (Springs, Bars, and Spacers). Love the look big time. Street ride is great too!

V2VDesigns.net
    Sorry for the hijack - but how much firmer is the ride over stock "Sport Mode" settings?

I would love a spring (and sway) setup to make the ride 30% for firm than OEM give or take...

soon to V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Sorry for the hijack - but how much firmer is the ride over stock "Sport Mode" settings?

I would love a spring (and sway) setup to make the ride 30% for firm than OEM give or take...
    After Gingerman, I REALLY Love both the D3 suspension (and the 2 piece rotors). On track their is so much more confidence in handling, and much more speed. Easier to run with the lightweights in the twisties now (or at least stay close)! I can still run the curbing and the suspension eats them right up with very little unsettling of the car. I know the mag shocks are doing their job, but I didn't expect the bump swallowing effect to still be in place. On the street, spring action is sweet. Very little difference in my opinion. The stiffer bars is what I feel more, and you really only feel that when the surface is different from left to right. So you do get a little rocking on uneven roads, but not on smooth ones. Its slight and not a bother to me at all. Certainly more connected to the pavement, but does not beat you up at all. Very generally speaking, its sort of like stock suspension in sport mode when in tour mode with the new bits, but I know that won't pass a technical analysis of what's happening. Keep in mind I'm running their spacers too, so that spreads the car a bit, and in effect produces a slight softening to the set up as you widen the car (probably something you can measure more than you can feel). By the way, I'm doing something I hadn't heard hear before, even though I know I could miss it, but I put the 15mm spacers in front and the 11mm in back. It seems perfect in look and no interference so far anywhere. So: I highly recommend it all.

Regarding the rotors (with DTC 60 Hawks): Better braking then ever before, with much more confidence. I took rotor temps on stock rotors (09) and could run as high as 575 after a 20 minute session (on stock pads). These rotor temps after 20 minute runs were in the 350 range! They eat heat! I will run Motul 600 now and not worry about running the pricier 660 all the time. Regarding the pads: first two laps are a bit nervous every time out, next two laps they are finding their temps and jitter a bit, then after that, they stop great, hard and consistently. Just took a while to get used too. Dust? like never before. Not wheel friendly, but I have a set for the track.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    Will you be at Gingerman in July for the Motorstate event? I will and go every year since it's fun.
    Hadn't heard of it, but if you're there, or any other V's, I'll try to get there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.