GM 2 piece front rotors 09-12 CTS-V - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, GM 2 piece front rotors 09-12 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; What are the differences between these and the 2 piece rotors already on the 2012 v models?...
    peso611 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Platinum & 2012 CTS V Wagon Black Diamond

Re: GM 2 piece front rotors 09-12 CTS-V

What are the differences between these and the 2 piece rotors already on the 2012 v models?

killer67 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V, '09 Escalade

Nothing

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by peso611 View Post
    What are the differences between these and the 2 piece rotors already on the 2012 v models?
    you mean the 2013 models that are not for sale yet.

The difference is $685.

Satin69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Luke,

I am going to do steel lines/rotors/springs all at once. I have the springs but need the lines. Do you know when you guys will have them in stock?

Thank you!

----------

My 12 coupe does not have 2 piece?

Ill take picture maybe I'm misunderstanding 2 Piece.

Ill take picture maybe I'm misunderstanding 2 Piece.
    The 09-12 rotors are bi-alloy rotors. That is, aluminum hat rotors with iron discs.

The upgraded rotors are acutally 2 seperate pieces that are screwed together. Although they're fundamentally the same, the upgraded rotors design are more of a 'traditional' hat and rotor ''2 piece' rotor.

calling the orginal rotors 2 piece rotors isn't wrong, it just not what a 2piece rotor is typically referred to.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    The 09-12 rotors are bi-alloy rotors. That is, aluminum hat rotors with iron discs.

The upgraded rotors are acutally 2 seperate pieces that are screwed together. Although they're fundamentally the same, the upgraded rotors design are more of a 'traditional' hat and rotor ''2 piece' rotor.

calling the orginal rotors 2 piece rotors isn't wrong, it just not what a 2piece rotor is typically referred to.

Thanks for the explanation.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

The price Luke is asking is pretty fair. GMPD might be cheaper, but they want $100+ in shipping. Any other online dealer wants $15 more. Prove me wrong, part # 20795302 for the right and 20795300 for the left.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Satin69 View Post
    Luke,

I am going to do steel lines/rotors/springs all at once. I have the springs but need the lines. Do you know when you guys will have them in stock?

Thank you!

----------

My 12 coupe does not have 2 piece?

i hope to have the steel braided lines in a week or 2
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    The price Luke is asking is pretty fair. GMPD might be cheaper, but they want $100+ in shipping. Any other online dealer wants $15 more. Prove me wrong, part # 20795302 for the right and 20795300 for the left.
    I wouldn't even bother with GMPD
    1) they're not going to have it in stock
    2) their C/S is crap
    3) they'll over charge you for shipping(as you found out )
    4) They don't pay to run this place.

Luke's price is the best(or comparable to) you're going to find from a forum vendor. I've posted pictures of my new acquisitions on various forums and the local GM parts hounds haven't managed to top him.

jessrayo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

This brembo rotor is MUCH MUCH better at cooling on the move. I put about 5 hours of track time on the car yesterday and it was my first track day with these rotors. If the brakes are failing with these rotors (because you have the wrong pads) all you need to do is slow down a little and let them catch up.

When looking at the rotors, there is a vane between the inner and outer friction areas on the rotor, the stock rotor has a short vane that is tangent to the center of the rotor, it goes straight out. The Brembos have a lengthened vane that curves between the friction surfaces so as air moves through the passage it probably has 3 times the amount of surface metal it must pass over, thus improving cooling. They lighted the center section to compensate for the added metal in vanes but the overall weight is about the same. Huge difference in cooling, I highly recommend these to anyone that really pushes the braking system on the car.

Thanks again Luke for getting these to us at such a great price!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
    This brembo rotor is MUCH MUCH better at cooling on the move. I put about 5 hours of track time on the car yesterday and it was my first track day with these rotors. If the brakes are failing with these rotors (because you have the wrong pads) all you need to do is slow down a little and let them catch up.

When looking at the rotors, there is a vane between the inner and outer friction areas on the rotor, the stock rotor has a short vane that is tangent to the center of the rotor, it goes straight out. The Brembos have a lengthened vane that curves between the friction surfaces so as air moves through the passage it probably has 3 times the amount of surface metal it must pass over, thus improving cooling. They lighted the center section to compensate for the added metal in vanes but the overall weight is about the same. Huge difference in cooling, I highly recommend these to anyone that really pushes the braking system on the car.

Thanks again Luke for getting these to us at such a great price!
    It was great meeting you last weekend Jess. Great to see a fellow V on the track. I didn't ask at the time but did you change your lines when you did your brake upgrade? Also, what pads were you running?

jessrayo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Satin69 View Post
    It was great meeting you last weekend Jess. Great to see a fellow V on the track. I didn't ask at the time but did you change your lines when you did your brake upgrade? Also, what pads were you running?
    You were moving really good at the end of the day, I was watching you a few turns ahead of me. If I see you there again maybe we can talk more. With the members format they were running this weekend the best place to be was on the track.

I have not changed the brake lines but have not felt that I got the other components worked out where that would make much of a difference. I would highly recommend a fluid change, I have Motul 660. If you push the stock system to failure the fluid is the first thing to go.

Right now I have Hawk HPS pads on the car. They never failed completely but I exceeded their optimal temp range and they began to loose stopping power. When things got hot I was standing on the pedal with everything I could give it and it was not going to the floor or stopping. To their credit, the hawk pads did not melt down like the stock ones did under these conditions. If I ran a little slower they stayed in the good range. I'm going to try the Hawk DTC -30's next. thebigjimsho recommends these. Hawk posts a temp range from 100-1200 degrees and I'm sure that will do the trick without being dangerous if I use them in town.

Thank you! You really helped show me the line. Best best time I could manage was a 2:11.7. I had a great time and plan on being back next month. It was nice to be able to come and go on the track.

That is a good point. My plan is to have a "brake/suspension upgrade phase" this weekend. My goal is to change the lines, fluids, and pads while I put springs on. I will give the Motul 660 a try.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.