09+ CTS V wanted for first Original Super Chiller
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 09+ CTS V wanted for first Original Super Chiller in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    STS_Chiller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

09+ CTS V wanted for first Original Super Chiller

If you donít know what our Super Chiller is you can find details Here. I need a volunteer car to design our CTS V kit on. This will take around 10 days including 2 weekends. All the CNC work is finished but CTS V is tight under hood so I expect it to take a little longer than usual. I will be finished with the XLR V this week and have opening in April to add another kit. I expect to have dyno results for XLR V after 4/7 when owner returns. Shop is Located in St Petersburg Fl and car will be kept inside.

I am offering free installation and half price on kit. So thatís $400 for competition version or $350 for Street all in. This includes everything including evacuate and charge. Thatís around $600 discount! With this special price payment needed to secure appointment

There will be no cutting or splicing of AC hoses, no cutting of car body minimum modifications. I expect to run aluminum return line along frame up to existing connection at fire wall and use one of my CNC adapters. Weld a fitting to liquid line out of sight and mount the Super Chiller out of sight. Existing expansion valve will be calibrated for maximum cooling with Super Chiller.

We have great success with Camaro, Challenger Silverado and my GTO has been Super Chilled since 09. This includes diverter valve that bypasses heat exchanger when AC/Chiller are on. Digital read out for ICWT included, Also with competition version the ability to turn off cabin AC to maximize Super Chiller and eliminate condensation dripping from car.

These are XLR V connections, I expect the CTS V to be similar.

Below picture of return line on Camaro.

Typical Super Chiller

Below kit for Camaro for example.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 09+ CTS V wanted for first Original Super Chiller

Here is a picture of Active Interchiller 2500sq ft shop and the first Super Chilled car

Umrswimr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I would loan you my car, but the location is a wee bit far (Dallas).

I’m still looking for a CTS V and STS V to do the first Super Chiller on. The original offer stands the XLR V is finished and GizmoQ is back home with it. He posted an update here.

rbanshee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STS_Chiller
    I’m still looking for a CTS V and STS V to do the first Super Chiller on. The original offer stands the XLR V is finished and GizmoQ is back home with it. He posted an update here.
    I would like to purchase this super chiller kit for my 09 cts v,I believe this is now available ?,please send me your info so I can order,thank you

Rbanshee1 is trucking his CTS V to me today but his appointment isn’t until the 10 this is how the trucking worked out. He is getting great deal going south but going north would be 2x the $ so he will fly down in 3wks to pick up car.

Plan is to add a plastic remote tank hidden and plastic fill tank with cap. The plastic provides a little more insulation than aluminum. The Super Chiller will be hidden

I have orders to ship and I ship orders in order of deposit. The XLR V is great success but other work on it set me behind these new builds take too much time. I just added Trailblazer SS to available kits. Customer drove from Wisconsin with new front mount 102MM turbo build on AWD 6 ltr.

Update

Plastic tanks provide a little more insulation than the aluminum so they wonít need to be insulated. Super Chiller for CTS V will be available as soon as Rbansheel car is finished. Deposit is required to place orders and currently shipping is 3 wks behind. Get orders in if you are in a hurry. Modified Liquid line will be sold on an exchange basis for competition version so $150 refundable deposit is needed on it.

Trailblazer SS Worked out great with water to air intercooler on turbo 6ltr. I now have around 10 model cars/trucks covered with kits. All with same basic proven idea looking forward to adding CTS V.

Re: Update

Special thanks to Rbanshee1 for trucking his CTS V to me its on lift now. It arrived in one piece no thanks to trucking company (long story).

I ordered these tanks from Vortech; I like how small the reservoir with cap is. They have multiple threaded choices then you drill out hole to finish. The surge tank can be hidden behind bumper and will increase capacity without taking up space under hood. This is good for Super Chiller since they are plastic so I donít have to insulate them. IMHO this would help anyone without a Super Chiller as well. Best of all they are not aluminum so look stock. Cap is extra so its 3 pieces total and price was very good. Fittings are extra I have part #s if any one is interested. I will post pics mounted as I go along but I donít expect any problem with them.

Re: Update

Here is pic with cooling module out showing the competition solenoid mounted to existing bolt and Super Chiller T adapter. This is similar to adapter used on Camaro with great success. This custom assembly allows us to T into liquid line and turn off cabin AC with one custom part all hidden, without running lines all over.

Here is return T adapter welded to existing suction line virtually hidden. Return line will be sold on an exchange basis with a security deposit.

I think every one will agree this is awesome value @ $899 once we see the final ICWT and IAT. Compare this to a passive Heat Exchanger upgrade and Mezier water pump that is no longer needed. More pics to follow

rbanshee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STS_Chiller
    Here is pic with cooling module out showing the competition solenoid mounted to existing bolt and Super Chiller T adapter. This is similar to adapter used on Camaro with great success. This custom assembly allows us to T into liquid line and turn off cabin AC with one custom part all hidden, without running lines all over.

Here is return T adapter welded to existing suction line virtually hidden. Return line will be sold on an exchange basis with a security deposit.

I think every one will agree this is awesome value @ $899 once we see the final ICWT and IAT. Compare this to a passive Heat Exchanger upgrade and Mezier water pump that is no longer needed. More pics to follow
    Looking like a very clean and professional install,I'm very pleased with the progress and excited to see more,this is def a must have mod for high horsepower

I talked to Rich when he was 300 mi from home still very pleased with Super Chiller. Super Chiller was still holding Freon unlike an other company attempt at a CTS V Chiller! His plane arrived Thursday and he helped me put bumper cover on so he saw first hand how well kit design turned out. He was given my standard $400 for kit and free installation for offering up first CTS V car, He was so impressed he offered to pay full price. I declined stating he had shipping cost to get car here, plain fair and still had to drive 1200 mi home. But how is that for an Awesome customer! It was obvious the care and time I put into designing a kit. Its one thing to do a 1 time system but another to make it something you can reproduce and will be evaluated by many professionals. Rich has family plans this weekend so it was important to be home Friday and I’m sure he will have a review for us soon.

On to the business end! I’m taking orders NOW same deal as all the other Super Chiller Kits I will even extend the $200 installation out the door to CTS V for now. Suction Line has to be removed from car to have fitting welded, which means the radiator (cooling module) has to be dropped out the bottom to access this line. It’s not as bad as it sounds since all the coolers stay bolted together and drops out as one. Swap suction line with replacement then the Super Chiller unit is bolted under air filter. Horn needs to be relocated. Only 1 screw hole drilled to mount Super Chiller other mount points exist. Then install the Radiator Module and bolt the 6061 adapter with competition solenoid to condenser. Then it’s just a mater of connecting hoses, AC hoses and plug in wiring.
    Suction line will be sold on an exchange basis with a core charge or you can buy one from GM on line very reasonable if you don’t want to bother with exchange.

----------

This is a $150 upgrade to the Super chiller. Vortech surge tank and small under hood reservoir. I suggest this to increase volume of water even with a stock intercooler system. The reservoir bolts to stock mount with an adapter and needs 2 fittings and 1 hose replaced. Surge tank needs 2 fittings as well all included in price. Surge tank is hidden and will never interfere with other work. Your mechanic will appreciate the reservoir as well since it won’t interfere with other work either. Best of all they look stock and are plastic not aluminum! This provides more natural insulation than the aluminum.

Here you can see how cold the Super Chiller lines get. The frost is from the extreme humidity we are having. This was before lines were insulated.

----------

Here is a pic of 6061 high side adapter as well as mount for Competition Solenoid off car. This makes installation a snap while making modes without cutting or welding high side lines.

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Looks great, but if only you could offer this as a true bolt on kit without needed your installation. It's going to be a tough option for everyone not local.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthViggen View Post
    Looks great, but if only you could offer this as a true bolt on kit without needed your installation. It's going to be a tough option for everyone not local.
    I don’t get it? I ship to anywhere in US $35 and any AC mechanic can do the install. Phil’s Automotive in Murphy NC is authorized dealer also. Kit has a 1 yr guarantee and if installed by authorized shop installation is covered by1 yr guarantee also.
    This same as all Super chiller kits is bolt on with nothing more than a couple holes drilled.

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Sorry, My mistake. I mis-read the suction line statement. I might be interested in this. Some of the lines seems to be run loosely in front of the OEM cooler. How will the work for those with Aftermarket coolers?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthViggen View Post
    Sorry, My mistake. I mis-read the suction line statement. I might be interested in this. Some of the lines seems to be run loosely in front of the OEM cooler. How will the work for those with Aftermarket coolers?

Loose hoses are supported by Bumper Cover. I don’t have a after market Heat Exchanger so I don’t know how they work. If it is made to fit a CTS V it will work with this kit. If I had a aftermarket Heat exchanger that cost big $ I would try and sell it or exchange it for a stock one and recoup some of the $. Heat exchanger is not used when Super Chiller is on all it does is add heat to refrigerated water.

Car in picture has the $150 Vortech upgraded. Without that hoses don’t run to passenger side.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.