Best solution in your opinions?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Best solution in your opinions? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hello guys, I'm pretty sure this issue was discussed earlier, but I'd like to know what would be the collective ...
    kwtctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Best solution in your opinions?

Hello guys, I'm pretty sure this issue was discussed earlier, but I'd like to know what would be the collective opinion on the issue, (in advance I'd like to appologize for my lack of experience in the field as I do not fully comprehend the concepts here)

The issue is as follows:
    The car is a 2011 cts-v coupe with the following mods installed:
    - ARH long tubes (cat-less)
    - Airaid intake
    - Lingenfelter Harmonic Balancer
    - 22.5% overdrive pulley (9.55")

I've dyno'd the V in order to configure it's tune (hp tune) using 98 octane fuel, the boost was reaching aprx. 100 kpa (~13 psi) , the maximum number we were able to reach was 592 hp and 584 ft-lb (dynojet readings, the print out is available)

Here's the problem:
    The V's fuel pump' relief valve cuts off the fuel at around 6200rpm (I guess thats when the max allowed pressure is reached by the pump, I've read some excellent details about this whole process some where in the forum)

The question:
    Which solution of the following would you go for (recommend)? And why?

- Changing the fuel injectors?
    (siemens #60 i believe)

- Changing the fuel pump?
    (many recommend the ZR1 fuel pump, as it's relief valve has a higher pressure tolarance)

- Adding a Boost a Pump?
    (kenne bell 17.5v / 20 amps BAP)

- Any other solution available?

Thank you for taking the time and reading this, and any input in this would be very much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kirbyCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V manual

Re: Best solution in your opinions?

for your mods i wouldnt think a BAP or changing fuel pump is necessary. Do you know your DC% for your injectors? did you say you are using 98 octane?

From what I remember last time I've seen the read outs on the hp tuning software the duty cycle % was reaching up to 119%, (I'm not a tuner btw, I was just peaking at the info, my friend tunes my v)
    Yes 98 octane, the fuel octanes available here in kuwait are 92, 95 and 98

ouch...119 is not good. should be around 90% to be tolerable. lower the better.

DSteck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I would call or email T1 Race development and speak with Tony Palo. t1race@gmail.com or +1 214-607-9022

Tell him you talked to Dave Steck, and you want information on the ID850s for your CTS-V. They are a drop-in injector, and tune out very easily. They will give you the overhead you need for your modifications. You do not need a pump solution at this point in time.

Yea 119% is high, but today we've changed the timing to make sure it doesn't pass 100%dc to stay safe untill I get the injectors replaced.

Thanks DSteck, I'll do that, I was actually going around looking for the siemens 63lb injectors for more headroom, and I've read about the ID850's, they seem to be of good quality, but do they require some connectors or adapters like the siemens injectors do?

Thank you guys for the input

2small is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ID850 Tony know his stuff. He makes some serious power.

Quote Originally Posted by kwtctsv View Post
    Yea 119% is high, but today we've changed the timing to make sure it doesn't pass 100%dc to stay safe untill I get the injectors replaced.

Thanks DSteck, I'll do that, I was actually going around looking for the siemens 63lb injectors for more headroom, and I've read about the ID850's, they seem to be of good quality, but do they require some connectors or adapters like the siemens injectors do?

Thank you guys for the input
    they are drop in and dont require adapters...if this is just ur first stage and plan more mods def get the ID850s...never have to buy another injector.

DSteck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

ID850s are a complete drop in replacement.

Shoot me an email at dsx.tuning at gmail dot com of you'd like more information.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.